2019 Selection Sunday - CBS, 5 PM

Machinator

In all likelihood, for the second time in three years, Texas will not be in the NCAA tournament, which is a travesty. Nevertheless, the show must go on. CBS is thankfully reverting back to the traditional bracket reveal instead of regarded alphabetical lists from last year.

Not much bubble drama today, as all conference tourney finals are either in one-bid leagues with no further chances for thieves, or between power conference teams that are safely in the tournament.

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

1 minute ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

So basically the goal posts are moved again and it’s overall record not the resume. Win 19 and you are in.

Still two brackets to go but at some point you have to win games. .500 has never cut it before regardless of resume. 

Just now, Jhawk said:

Still two brackets to go but at some point you have to win games. .500 has never cut it before regardless of resume. 

i agree with you, but if texas doesn't get in the only reason is going to be the .500 winning % because all of the other metrics say they should be in.

but it won't surprise me at all if the committee uses the .500 record as reasoning to keep them out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

True but a team woth a worse conference record gets a 9 seed with a weak schedule just because they won 19 games. I don’t disagree Texas has to win games they should have to get in.

Just now, BigOrange1 said:

i agree with you, but if texas doesn't get in the only reason is going to be the .500 winning % because all of the other metrics say they should be in.

but it won't surprise me at all if the committee uses the .500 record as reasoning to keep them out.

Hayes injury hurts Texas too.....