How Fox News works

retread

16 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

image.gif.51a824e55d9a5d3adce9604ae5f6482a.gif

wasn’t there supposed to be a minimum post count to be able to post in the CR to avoid trolls like this?

Yeah, I don’t think that was ever actually enforced. Now if you can monetize the site by selling ads in the Cloak Room then there’s really no motivation to restrict access. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

William Wallace has GOT to be GRUhorn, right? Only started posting once GRU got crowdsourced

Has been posting in the Movies & TV Forum too.  Trying to build rep.

8 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Mitch McConnell was using his weekly press conference or whatever to tout the benefits of getting vaccinated.

This whole thing is really fucking weird - are the politicians seeing stuff we aren't?   I mean, the Delta shit is a mean motherfucker, no doubt about it, but all of the sudden a bunch of people on the right are spooked.

Makes me wonder if it's a polling thing, and the Rs are polling poorly over it (as they should be).

I rarely, if ever, attach good intentions to Mitch McConnell.  But the dude has been very consistent since last year with people getting vaccinated for COVID. 

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/mcconnell-virus-carries-echo-boyhood-polio-70077968 (from April 2020)

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/mitch-mcconnell-polio-kentucky-election-results-b1575808.html (November 2020)

He's a polio survivor - he got his treatments at the same place FDR got his.  He went through a painful childhood just to be able to walk.  The polio vaccine was invented a decade later.  

It's personal to him - if a vaccine existed when he was younger, he would not have suffered all the pain he went through. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I rarely, if ever, attach good intentions to Mitch McConnell.  But the dude has been very consistent since last year with people getting vaccinated for COVID. 

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/mcconnell-virus-carries-echo-boyhood-polio-70077968 (from April 2020)

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/mitch-mcconnell-polio-kentucky-election-results-b1575808.html (November 2020)

He's a polio survivor - he got his treatments at the same place FDR got his.  He went through a painful childhood just to be able to walk.  The polio vaccine was invented a decade later.  

It's personal to him - if a vaccine existed when he was younger, he would not have suffered all the pain he went through. 

image.gif.da7fc1f3e53445509b8458e3daa1aabf.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

image.gif.da7fc1f3e53445509b8458e3daa1aabf.gif

He has NOT been one of the offenders of calling the vaccine mind control, 5G, etc.

He just has done a terrible job of getting his caucus (looking mostly at you, Russian Ron and Poodle Head Rand) to stop spreading misinformation. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

He has NOT been one of the offenders of calling the vaccine mind control, 5G, etc.

He just has done a terrible job of getting his caucus (looking mostly at you, Russian Ron and Poodle Head Rand) to stop spreading misinformation. 

Cool. He’s an evil motherfucker. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Js1 said:

He’s so adamant about it, he’s gone blue in the face.

02521f68b460c04da0d60268db3f91a4c9-shutt

49 minutes ago, Captainant said:

William Wallace has GOT to be GRUhorn, right? Only started posting once GRU got crowdsourced

This makes sense. Because someone I'd never seen called William Wallace just showed up in recruiting posting all over there. Timing makes sense, he was active in recruiting. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

This makes sense. Because someone I'd never seen called William Wallace just showed up in recruiting posting all over there. Timing makes sense, he was active in recruiting. 

Is he just asking questions, acting like he is a doctor when he really just refills the vending machines at the doctor’s office building and talking about how great the carrot is at Bob’s Steakhouse?  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Is he just asking questions, acting like he is a doctor when he really just refills the vending machines at the doctor’s office building and talking about how great the carrot is at Bob’s Steakhouse?  

Does he also live in San Antonio and not shop at HEB? 

20 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Lawyers?

Or accountants?

Because Hannity and Tucker, you can kinda tell when the lawyers put a damper on things - they chafe at the lawyer stuff.

But this, they are practically pulling out the pom-poms, which makes me think their accountants (or FNC's financial folks) sat them down and explained what could happen to the economy.

They would triple down on the vaccine denial if they thought it could kill the economic recovery. Sabotaging the economy when Democrats are in charge is even more important to them than racism. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

The Daily Mail as an unbiased source?

Wait, this is GRHorn's sock, right?

5 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Definitely a sock.  GR, Chrispy, maybe that Donkey dude.  Just asking questions, dumb questions but questions nonetheless.

4 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

wasn’t there supposed to be a minimum post count to be able to post in the CR to avoid trolls like this?

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Yeah, I don’t think that was ever actually enforced. Now if you can monetize the site by selling ads in the Cloak Room then there’s really no motivation to restrict access. 

It's absolutely GRU. William Wallace was created within the hour that he was kilt.

Get it? Kilt!

Screenshot_116.png

Edited to add: A measly 50 posts gains you access to CR. He spent the day yesterday getting his post count up, so that he could start posting in the CR today.

Edited by bolverk
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Splashing it around on the Crypto thread too.

spacer.png

Although he's pimping ETH instead of bitcoin trying to throw everyone off the scent trail.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Tom said:

it's too little, too late.  People are already too far gone.

Even if Fox were to suddenly start reporting responsibly on the virus and vaccines and they continue to tell people to get vaccinated, it's too late.  Their viewers aren't going to suddenly take it as true.  They're going to do what they did after Fox called Arizona for Biden or any other time Fox has tried reporting something straight -- they're going to complain Fox is turning liberal and start watching Newsmax or OAN more.  Fox will see that ratings dip, panic, and give Carlson and Hannity the green light to ramp up the crazy again.

https://www.al.com/news/2021/07/im-sorry-but-its-too-late-alabama-doctor-on-treating-unvaccinated-dying-covid-patients.html

25 minutes ago, William Wallace said:

LMAO, New Conservative posting, I have to be a sock account.

See all my postings, see if one can figure out who I am.

Ugh

I'm just here to read, give my opinion and debate.  Have a good time debating, Love you guys and gals!

pretty sure @hayden_horn could clear all this up for us lol.

Just weird that you registered last night at 1AM (Texas time), less than an hour after GRU was crowdsourced, started farming rep and posts, and immediately came to CR to propagate the same schtick as GRUhorn.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, William Wallace said:

Ugh

I'm just here to read, give my opinion and debate.  Have a good time debating, Love you guys and gals!

Conservatives are extinct and have been replaced with a species of troll-like creatures that subsist on a mixture of lib tears and hypocrisy. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5

pretty sure [mention=218]hayden_horn[/mention] could clear all this up for us lol.
Just weird that you registered last night at 1AM (Texas time), less than an hour after GRU was crowdsourced, started farming rep and posts, and immediately came to CR to propagate the same schtick as GRUhorn.

Huh, weird

20 minutes ago, Captainant said:

pretty sure @hayden_horn could clear all this up for us lol.

In his defense, GRHorn speaks English real good in comparison to this clown.

4 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

They would triple down on the vaccine denial if they thought it could kill the economic recovery. Sabotaging the economy when Democrats are in charge is even more important to them than racism. 

Tucker and Hannity would not piss away their bank accounts to stick it to the libs.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/21/media/fox-news-covid-19-vaccine-reliable-sources/index.html

The Atlantic's David A. Graham wrote Tuesday: "A number of leaders on the right suddenly urged their audiences to get vaccinated in the past day. Why now?" Graham cited Rep. Steve Scalise's decision to get inoculated, plus pro-vaccination pronouncements by Fox News and Newsmax.

"Yesterday I went and got the jab at CVS," Fox Business host Charles Payne said Tuesday. "The place was dead," he said, observing that "there was no demand" for the vaccine.

Elsewhere in the Fox orbit, host Kayleigh McEnany went out of her way to promote the "Trump vaccine;" anchor Neil Cavuto defended Dr. Anthony Fauci from far-right villainizing; and multiple anchors directed viewers to the Vaccines.gov website. A TVEyes database search shows that Fox shows have plugged Vaccines.gov at least seven times this week, after going six weeks without mentioning the website at all.

58 minutes ago, William Wallace said:

Ugh

Freedumb!!!!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, William Wallace said:

You make yourself seem stupid insulting me and not debating me on an issue.

Cute Dog!

People are making accusations here - and one that is typically lobbed around too much - (he's a sock!), but there's some serious circumstantial evidence in this case.

Pace yourself man...

9 minutes ago, William Wallace said:

lmao, one wonders why there is so much left talking and not right, b/c the left likes to just personally attack the right and not have a civil debate.

Lets start over, I hope to see you all on another topic.

i hope not 

5 minutes ago, William Wallace said:

lmao, one wonders why there is so much left talking and not right, b/c the left likes to just personally attack the right and not have a civil debate.

Lets start over, I hope to see you all on another topic.

Arguing from a place of disingenuity is not arguing. I'll give you time to look that word up. 

• Like 1