How Fox News works

retread

27 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Our interference rarely works out to our benefit in the long run.  For example you can draw a line from US policy wrt Russia during the 1990s, including notably influencing the outcome of Russian elections (Yeltsin), directly to the rise of Putin and his consolidation of power.  

Now this I agree with. We were much more interested in making money in Russia than actually helping them along into a democracy. 

An even better example is Iran which we helped turn into a theocracy so American and British oil companies could make a bunch a bucks. All in the name of “national security.”

32 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I do agree with Ana that American imperialism is bad. However, I don’t agree with his Russian imperialism is good take.

“Not everybody is the perfect person in the world… Everyone does -- kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me. I just feel that people need to give him a chance.”

“There are a lot of killers. You think our country’s so innocent?”

Trump = Pryor.  

To be fair, yeah we fuck up a lot of shit.  But using our shortcomings to excuse our adversaries aggressions is, well, stupid.  In other words, yeah Anastasis, we may be a bit misinformed and somewhat misguided, but at least our heart is in the right place.  The same can't be said for Russian leadership.  

3 hours ago, Anastasis said:

It's disappointing what has happened to this board since ca. early 2017. Some of the most right out nonsense uncritically adopted, wallowed around in, and smeared on the walls. Pointing it out along the way makes me oppositional I guess.  

yeah, i really disagree with this take, in one way. the other way, i very much agree with this take. when the right wing fled this board, tail between the legs, because they could not defend the trump administration, it degraded this board. however, those that are left are, more or less, good posters who have good takes. you don't have to agree with them, but it's hardly some leftist paradise. 

but i was more speaking to your need to personally insult and denigrate people with whom you disagree. i understand that you are more right of the aisle than left. frankly, so am i. but i'm not here to sow personal dissent and hate on other posters. 

your opinions are not positive or constructive, it seems they are almost always in a negative attack on someone else. 

just disagree without telling someone they have brain worms or whatever insult you want to use.

by the way, that goes for both sides, i'm just singling you out because we have a virginia slims bond.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

yeah, i really disagree with this take, in one way. the other way, i very much agree with this take. when the right wing fled this board, tail between the legs, because they could not defend the trump administration, it degraded this board. however, those that are left are, more or less, good posters who have good takes. you don't have to agree with them, but it's hardly some leftist paradise. 

but i was more speaking to your need to personally insult and denigrate people with whom you disagree. i understand that you are more right of the aisle than left. frankly, so am i. but i'm not here to sow personal dissent and hate on other posters. 

your opinions are not positive or constructive, it seems they are almost always in a negative attack on someone else. 

just disagree without telling someone they have brain worms or whatever insult you want to use.

by the way, that goes for both sides, i'm just singling you out because we have a virginia slims bond.

do Brisket next!

*ducks*

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

The insults are a tactic, whether it’s propagandist or just rhetorical. They are intended to diminish the credibility of a poster or set of posters who disagree with him, in the eyes of other posters.

But the insults are also largely generic and unsupported. There are a few posters who went over the top on bizarre rumors back in the Mueller investigation or the early days of the pandemic. Anastasis presents those voices as representative of anyone who questions his unwavering pro-Russian perspective, but they are not. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

do Brisket next!

*ducks*

sure.

@Brisketexan you fucking oppositional fuck.

wait, he might be oppositional, and somewhat despairing, but his takes (to me) are more thoughtful than simply trying to take someone down.

and with @Anastasis, i very much respect the dude, so that's the only reason i said anything. i want that to be clear. i'm not coming at him, but i know he's a smart dude and capable of doing more than what he's been doing.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

sure.

@Brisketexan you fucking oppositional fuck.

wait, he might be oppositional, and somewhat despairing, but his takes (to me) are more thoughtful than simply trying to take someone down.

and with @Anastasis, i very much respect the dude, so that's the only reason i said anything. i want that to be clear. i'm not coming at him, but i know he's a smart dude and capable of doing more than what he's been doing.

I'm not oppositional to EVERYONE.

Just you, Ace....

You're Not Taking Him - Stand by Me (7/8) Movie CLIP (1986) HD - YouTube

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 4

18 hours ago, Anastasis said:

I mean that it's just funny that its most of the same posters perseverating on certain good Rus and the very bad Rus for like 6 years ongoing.  Through a whole rollercoaster of disinformation and nonsense than runs multiple arms length, all the while thinking that a little fragile prism of perspective is sufficient for a geopolitical course laid over over millennia+.  

can you translate this into english, please?

53 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

but i was more speaking to your need to personally insult and denigrate people with whom you disagree. i understand that you are more right of the aisle than left. frankly, so am i. but i'm not here to sow personal dissent and hate on other posters.  i understand that you are more right of the aisle than left. frankly, so am i. but i'm not here to sow personal dissent and hate on other posters.

I think that I am a pretty agreeable poster in general, and even on this sub. If your complaint is that I give it out in turn as I have received it, that's fair.  Exchanges here do not happen within a vacuum and without context of other exchanges. If you can highlight an instance where I have personally insulted or denigrated another poster who did not first set that tone in exchanges with me, I'll offer up a sincere apology to that poster.  If it such a prevalent unprovoked behavior, it should be easy to call out a few examples. Personal insults, denigration of other posters, and traitorous critic fallacy became par for the course on this sub early 2017. You had posters here wishing others got the chance to watch their loved ones laying in a pool of blood while life left their eyes. Calling other posters traitors and trumpkin bootlickers was relatively mild on the spectrum, brain worms hardly registers. I am surprised that you zero in on me without at least acknowledging the broader dynamic that has played out in course here.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

The insults are a tactic, whether it’s propagandist or just rhetorical. They are intended to diminish the credibility of a poster or set of posters who disagree with him, in the eyes of other posters.

But the insults are also largely generic and unsupported. There are a few posters who went over the top on bizarre rumors back in the Mueller investigation or the early days of the pandemic. Anastasis presents those voices as representative of anyone who questions his unwavering pro-Russian perspective, but they are not. 

Yup. He's frequently behaved as if we were all-in with triplehorn on the craziest shit and as if Mueller's failure to charge Trump with crimes (when he explicitly said he wasn't doing so because he didn't have the power to do so) was an exoneration and proved all of us wrong. Which is really funny given that I fucking 100% called what we'd end up learning within a few days after Barr's bullshit letter lying about the contents of the Mueller report was published. 

44 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I think that I am a pretty agreeable poster in general, and even on this sub. If your complaint is that I give it out in turn as I have received it, that's fair.  Exchanges here do not happen within a vacuum and without context of other exchanges. If you can highlight an instance where I have personally insulted or denigrated another poster who did not first set that tone in exchanges with me, I'll offer up a sincere apology to that poster.  If it such a prevalent unprovoked behavior, it should be easy to call out a few examples. Personal insults, denigration of other posters, and traitorous critic fallacy became par for the course on this sub early 2017. You had posters here wishing others got the chance to watch their loved ones laying in a pool of blood while life left their eyes. Calling other posters traitors and trumpkin bootlickers was relatively mild on the spectrum, brain worms hardly registers. I am surprised that you zero in on me without at least acknowledging the broader dynamic that has played out in course here.

n5g8QN.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

Yup. He's frequently behaved as if we were all-in with triplehorn on the craziest shit 

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

There are a few posters who went over the top on bizarre rumors back in the Mueller investigation or the early days of the pandemic.

Right right right. I know, shit like Cohen to Prague, Alfa Bank v1, v2, and v3, Bounties on American troops, the Dossier is Gospel, Manafort at the Embassy, etc ad infinitum never happened here, or if they did were limited to triplehorn and Hugo (I hope the former is doing ok btw).  It's not like there are searchable threads littered with that nonsense. Y'all are straight up gaslighting. But see if you sniff any of this shit out as bullshit misinformation and propaganda, you are pro-Russian imperialism, so that's totally cool.  

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Underdog said:

Be funny if it were an disgruntled Ex-Fox employee, anyone have the whereabouts of one Bill O’Reilly?  

It has to be pissing him off that he's not on FNC - he knows he'd be wiping the floor with Tucker and Hannity.  He'd have probably doubled his salary in the past year or two.

Periodic reminder that Anastasis believes in a conspiracy theory about Hillary that Bill Barr wouldn't even investigate, but we're the ones who went nuts. 

edit: that's like the fifth fucking time I've typed "Bob Barr" when meaning Bill.

Edited by wildcat09
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Periodic reminder that Anastasis believes in a conspiracy theory about Hillary that Bill Barr wouldn't even investigate, but we're the ones who went nuts. 

edit: that's like the fifth fucking time I've typed "Bob Barr" when meaning Bill.

Not sure what conspiracy theory you are referring to.  Maybe you can quote me in whatever thread you are thinking of, and we can discuss it. Or just keep gaslighting.  

24 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

You’re deliberately ignoring the point. And no one is gaslighting here but you.

Gaslighting. 

First, you continue to accuse the board collectively of the sins of a small number of posters. I tend to think it’s purposeful, but maybe you’re just bad at distinguishing between separate individuals. Either way, it makes your allegations inaccurate. 

More gaslighting. This shit is all searchable on the forum. Y'all want to farm this shit out to HCQtriple and DossierHugo, and that is totally a dishonest misrepresentation. 

Second, you continue to ignore the substantiated transgressions Russia did commit against the US. Essentially, you take a “Never mind the lush forest of actual Russian propaganda — where’s the peepee tree?” approach.

I have addressed numerous times what Russia did and what our response should be.  More gaslighting that can be easily dismissed by simply quoting posts on this forum. 

Third — and this is by far the most important point — you continue to rely on ad hominem and false equivalence. When analyzing whether Russia should be allowed to (hypothetically) take military action against Ukraine, it is not relevant that a poster who answers in the negative once wrongly believed that Russia committed an unrelated transgression nor is it relevant whether Russia did or did not commit such other transgression. \

Poster BrickHorn should be more concerned with strawman argumentation.

Your posts on this topic are consistently tactical and disingenuous, in a way that is clearly intended to instill doubt about legitimate concerns based on a mishmash of irrelevant distractions and dishonest framing. I know what I call that kind of rhetoric, but I’ll let others come to their own conclusions.

You are an extremely intelligent poster. Probably one of the most intelligent on this sub. Smarter than me for sure. I am really surprised that you don't see the political and geopolitical angles, their context, and the plays being run. 

Edited by Anastasis

3 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Right right right. I know, shit like Cohen to Prague, Alfa Bank v1, v2, and v3, Bounties on American troops, the Dossier is Gospel, Manafort at the Embassy, etc ad infinitum never happened here, or if they did were limited to triplehorn and Hugo (I hope the former is doing ok btw).  It's not like there are searchable threads littered with that nonsense. Y'all are straight up gaslighting. But see if you sniff any of this shit out as bullshit misinformation and propaganda, you are pro-Russian imperialism, so that's totally cool.  

All the items you listed at the top of your post, regardless of veracity, are moot in regards to the Mueller Russian Investigation and the multiple MAGA guilty pleas and convictions that resulted from it- you know? Actual results indicating the investigation was legitimate and worthwhile. 

Once you reach a threshold sufficient to render a guilty plea or conviction, there can be an avalanche of additional or "extra credit" evidence to support the convictions that's later found to be suspect or false.

It doesn't matter. You can pile on twice as much additional evidence supporting the original pleas/convictions and 100 percent of that additional evidence could be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt false, and it still wouldn't affect the sufficient, verifiable evidence needed to render guilty pleas and convictions. It's why intelligence agencies deliberately spew disinformation counter to their interests that they then "uncover" later as false in hopes it taints the entire pool of actual incriminating evidence. 

Pretty sure I'm not telling you anything you don't know and really only half talking to you, amigo. 

4 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Russia aside, I’m pretty sure you would have poopooed the idea that 1/6 would happen. Shit is completely sideways, and you seem to think it’s because us reasonable folks are being unreasonable.  Nah.  There are shenanigans underfoot!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

There are a few posters who went over the top on bizarre rumors back in the Mueller investigation or the early days of the pandemic. 

6 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Yup. He's frequently behaved as if we were all-in with triplehorn on the craziest shit

5 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Right right right. I know, shit like Cohen to Prague, Alfa Bank v1, v2, and v3, Bounties on American troops, the Dossier is Gospel, Manafort at the Embassy, etc ad infinitum never happened here,  

44 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

All the items you listed at the top of your post, regardless of veracity, are moot...

Clown show. 

55 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Clown show. 

I WOULD say it's like you don't even remember replying that the Steele Dossier would have no effect on any of the pleas or convictions resulting from the Mueller Investigation, but your ellipse editing of my quote is a raging tell. 

Carry on. 

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

What part of “moot” do y’all not understand. 

We both understand "moot" even though you're pretending like you don't in an attempt to avoid addressing who's guilty pleas or convictions were wrongfully attained due to "all the things you were right about".

Was it Manafort?

Was it Stone? 

Was it Flynn?

Say a name. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I see the sheet music has come out from the Kremlin and is filtering down.

Russia needs to secure its western border against the civil war (that Putin started, continues, and could turn off)!

NATO expansion is just like Russia putting soldiers in Mexico (well, if Mexico begged them to do so)!

You think we should support Ukraine you must WANT A NUCLEAR WAR! 

You don’t understand as deeply the millennia long geopolitical things at stake! How dare you comment, do you even know the Zaparozhian Cossacks or Rurik dynasty bro? 

The thread through all of this is the erasure of the perspective of 21st century Ukrainians and how they might want to opt out of Russian geopolitics. I think that they general idea of “let the big men decide because little people don’t matter appeals to a type of conservative.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Back to Fox News…..

lol this motherfucker here

“Now Big Media wants the December 8 caroler charged with a Hate Crime. They want to unleash the FBI.

In the America I remember, Christmas was for everyone. Not just big corporations. And we didn’t cancel people just because they have a different way of lighting a Christmas tree.

But today, that’s just not the case. You have to keep away from Big Media’s Christmas. It’s not your Christmas. You can’t light a tree the way you want. Unless it’s at drag queen story hour.”

Am I doing this right? 

1 hour ago, Zepol87 said:

What's gaslighting?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/basics/gaslighting

Gaslighting is an insidious form of manipulation and psychological control. Victims of gaslighting are deliberately and systematically fed false information that leads them to question what they know to be true, often about themselves. They may end up doubting their memory, their perception, and even their sanity. Over time, a gaslighter’s manipulations can grow more complex and potent, making it increasingly difficult for the victim to see the truth.

5 hours ago, workswithseed said:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/basics/gaslighting

Gaslighting is an insidious form of manipulation and psychological control. Victims of gaslighting are deliberately and systematically fed false information that leads them to question what they know to be true, often about themselves. They may end up doubting their memory, their perception, and even their sanity. Over time, a gaslighter’s manipulations can grow more complex and potent, making it increasingly difficult for the victim to see the truth.

See: Donald Trump

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

1. No one from the Trump campaign ever had any contact with Russia.

2. Well, someone may have had contact with Russia, but the campaign/Trump didn't know about it.

3. Actually, there was contact, and we knew about it, but there was no "collusion."

4. Even if there was "collusion", it doesn't matter because "collusion" isn't a crime.

5. There may have been "collusion" between the campaign and Russia, but Trump himself wasn't involved.

6. "Collusion" is actually a normal part of any presidential transition, of course we did it!

I had almost forgotten that this is exactly how it went down.  The fact that people fall for this is just insane to me.  It's the frat boy playbook.

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

2. Well, someone may have had contact with Russia, but the campaign/Trump didn't know about it.

3. Actually, there was contact, and we knew about it, but there was no "collusion."

4. Even if there was "collusion", it doesn't matter because "collusion" isn't a crime.

5. There may have been "collusion" between the campaign and Russia, but Trump himself wasn't involved.

6. "Collusion" is actually a normal part of any presidential transition, of course we did it!

No pee pee tapes means no collusion and no Russia/China involvement.....at all. Jack ass out front shoulda told ya. 

Edited by SmokeyTheBear
  • Hook 'Em 2

Exactly.  There are quotes from either Trump himself or a campaign spokesman saying those things at different moments from 2016-2020.

But people on a message board  buying in to the Alpha/Pee-pee/Prague theories being lobbed around and never fully apologizing or asking for their penance is the real gaslighting going on here!

GTFOHWTMFBS

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

7. Both sides!
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

When Russia confiscates territory of another sovereign nation, it’s America’s fault? I’m no hawk and I’m no apologist for US foreign policy interference, but that’s some seriously warped bullshit. 

And no matter how much you focus on ultimately irrelevant rumors, you consistently ignore the actual established facts of Russian propaganda efforts. Instead, you promote them by raising the noise floor to create confusion and doubt. “If the pee-pee tape rumor was wrong, how can we trust any reports of Russian interference in our affairs?” Fuck off with that Psy Ops 101 bullshit.

Shouldn't we be allies with russia?