How Fox News works

retread

5 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

can we have a recap for everyone like me who has not followed this but just got a news alert that tucker fuckhead is leaving Fox. Dominion related?

I don't think we know anything.

I might guess a couple of things.  First, Fox has shown some sensitivity to their looser cannons like Lou Dobbs (fired), Judge Jeannnine (taken off her own show), Dong Bong Gino, etc.

I might guess that Fox threatened to exercise more editorial control over Tucker's wilder bullshit and he said no thanks and also figures he has an insane brand that he can continue on his own, protected by the "no sane person believes Tucker speaks factual truth" defense that he has successfully asserted previously.

Similarly situated Money Cunny probably accepted the editorial control and doesn't feel like she has "anyplace to go."

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

I haven't gotten into a political discussion at a bar in quite a while now.  Simply as there is no reason to have a discussion (argument) when the person you are trying to talk to only watches Fox News and thus doesn't know a lot of factual information.  

Because when you try to present the actual factual information you are met with... "I don't know about that."  I haven't heard that."  "I don't believe that."  And on and and on.  I have decided now at the outset if some dumbass wants to try to talk politics with me, I am simply going to ask, "Are you a Fox News watcher?"  Then when they say yes, I will simply say, "Honestly I would love to engage you and have a discussion.  But I simply do not have time to educate you on the factual information necessary to have a reasonable conversation." 

You see it's impossible to constructively argue anything when one party simply does not know what the factual information being discussed is.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, horn4life said:

Because when you try to present the actual factual information you are met with... "I don't know about that."  I haven't heard that."  "I don't believe that." 

This has been my experience. They haven't heard about Trump's legal woes or that FOX has to pay Dominion three quarters of a billion dollars, but they can tell you all about Hunter Biden.

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I don't think we know anything.

I might guess a couple of things.  First, Fox has shown some sensitivity to their looser cannons like Lou Dobbs (fired), Judge Jeannnine (taken off her own show), Dong Bong Gino, etc.

I might guess that Fox threatened to exercise more editorial control over Tucker's wilder bullshit and he said no thanks and also figures he has an insane brand that he can continue on his own, protected by the "no sane person believes Tucker speaks factual truth" defense that he has successfully asserted previously.

Similarly situated Money Cunny probably accepted the editorial control and doesn't feel like she has "anyplace to go."

Most likely at least tangentially related to the fallout from the Dominion suit but I would guess the ongoing harassment suit is the main issue for him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Most likely at least tangentially related to the fallout from the Dominion suit but I would guess the ongoing harassment suit is the main issue for him. 

I didn't recall any such allegations, but there was a suit in 2020, apparently dismissed about a year later.

Is there something else going on?  Fox has certainly shitcanned a lot of people over that.

If they had any balls, they'd sue the shit out of each individual who lied repeatedly costing them $787 Million. Could the shareholders force a lawsuit? Bankrupt these mother fuckers, make it impossible to work for another network without paying a shitload of their salary to garnishments, for the rest of their miserable fucking lives.

• Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I didn't recall any such allegations, but there was a suit in 2020, apparently dismissed about a year later.

Is there something else going on?  Fox has certainly shitcanned a lot of people over that.

There's a rumor about some potential kompromat in the current Laura Luhn lawsuit that involves Tucker

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Hefeweizen said:

Unlike everyone else I think fox makes the hosts.  Fucker will go back to a non entity.  The brand is very strong and entrenched, and the Murdoch family ain’t letting any of these dipshits fuck up their golden goose.

I think there is something to this.  Fox certainly lends a sort of "gravitas" or imprimatur to the lunatics.  Otherwise, they're just youtube dweebs (that might still make a lot of money).

But, wherever he lands, now that Fox has made Tucker (or vice versa), he probably stands to have a big viewership and profit handsomely.

12 minutes ago, 'stache said:

If they had any balls, they'd sue the shit out of each individual who lied repeatedly costing them $787 Million. Could the shareholders force a lawsuit? Bankrupt these mother fuckers, make it impossible to work for another network without paying a shitload of their salary to garnishments, for the rest of their miserable fucking lives.

I don't think Fox has any cause of action against them, given that they permitted and endorsed it.

Shareholders are already filing derivative lawsuits by the pound, maybe even the ton, but that's directed at officers and directors.

• Hook 'Em 1