How Fox News works

retread

3 hours ago, Orca of Peace said:

what about Gorbachev? USSR wasn't exactly a peace loving democratic state that respected human rights. 

It was our military equal and controlled almost half the world.  North Korea is basically Ethiopia with nuclear weapons.

• Like 3

I never watch Fox new or visit their website, but I just decided to view their website after reading about Cohen's splitting with his defense team-just to see what their take was-even though the story wasn't very take worthy-pretty cut and dry.  Well first I went to CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, and the Wall St Journal after seeing it was the lead story-at least temporarily.  No mention at all on Fox News website.  Their lead was a bout NYT reporter being investigated after a liaison with some politico. Story was nowhere to be found at all on the lead page, so I went to politics-not there either at all-FOX lead was the Rosenstein deal from yesterday.

I guess it just takes longer to put a spin on these things.

Nope.  Still not there.

36 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

I never watch Fox new or visit their website, but I just decided to view their website after reading about Cohen's splitting with his defense team-just to see what their take was-even though the story wasn't very take worthy-pretty cut and dry.  Well first I went to CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, and the Wall St Journal after seeing it was the lead story-at least temporarily.  No mention at all on Fox News website.  Their lead was a bout NYT reporter being investigated after a liaison with some politico. Story was nowhere to be found at all on the lead page, so I went to politics-not there either at all-FOX lead was the Rosenstein deal from yesterday.

Nope.  Still not there.

They are currently talking about DACA to inflame the olds. 

4 hours ago, retread said:

CABLE NEWS RACE
MON. JUNE 11, 2018

FOXNEWS HANNITY 5,902,000
FOXNEWS INGRAHAM 4,560,000
FOXNEWS TUCKER 4,222,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 2,788,000
FOXNEWS THE FIVE 2,634,000
MSNBC SPECIAL 2,378,000
CNN CUOMO 2,362,000
CNN TONIGHT 1,790,000
CNN COOPER 1,691,000
MSNBC HARDBALL 1,551,000

All those people watching Hannity, and I've never met one that would admit to it. 

On 6/6/2018 at 6:44 PM, JimmyJames said:

Can someone explain the Lou dobbs going off the deep end thing to me? Did he launder money for trump or something? 

Lou Dobbs was a proponent of Trumpism before Donald Trump ever learned about Trumpism. He has been promoting these things for a long time. This shit wasn't created by Trump, he is just taking advantage of it. You have to understand that Trumpkins predate Trump.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

All those people watching Hannity, and I've never met one that would admit to it. 

My mom admits it to me.  She drops it in to conversations hoping to lure me in. Not taking the bait.

34 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

You should round on the memory care unit at a hospital/AL/nursing home...

Actually just round at any of the above, memory care unit, orthopedic, anywhere...it’s 90% Fox News if there’s any news channel on...

5 hours ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Nope.  Still not there.

Yep.  Typical.  

Their base can look forward to a two-hour discussion of Benghazi tonight.  

13 hours ago, retread said:

CABLE NEWS RACE
MON. JUNE 11, 2018

FOXNEWS HANNITY 5,902,000
FOXNEWS INGRAHAM 4,560,000
FOXNEWS TUCKER 4,222,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 2,788,000
FOXNEWS THE FIVE 2,634,000
MSNBC SPECIAL 2,378,000
CNN CUOMO 2,362,000
CNN TONIGHT 1,790,000
CNN COOPER 1,691,000
MSNBC HARDBALL 1,551,000

1 hour ago, Stringer said:

America is so fucked.

On 6/13/2018 at 12:14 PM, Jiggy-Z said:

Nope.  Still not there.

The difference between CNN’s front page and the Fox News front page right this moment tells you all that you need to know about how screwed up the divide is in this country right now.

13 hours ago, Brew said:

The difference between CNN’s front page and the Fox News front page right this moment tells you all that you need to know about how screwed up the divide is in this country right now.

Just going by numbers alone:  Take the top ten or 15 or 20 news outlets in the world/USA. What do their front pages look like v. Fox.

Those that support Trump that consume news would literally have to stick their heads in the sand not to get the what everybody else is getting.

Even if you consume reputable conservative publications(WSJ (owned by Fox), National Review, Economist, Barron's) you will get a pretty good world view that looks nothing like Fox. 

2 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Just going by numbers alone:  Take the top ten or 15 or 20 news outlets in the world/USA. What do their front pages look like v. Fox.

Those that support Trump that consume news would literally have to stick their heads in the sand not to get the what everybody else is getting.

Even if you consume reputable conservative publications(WSJ (owned by Fox), National Review, Economist, Barron's) you will get a pretty good world view that looks nothing like Fox. 

Fox viewers have been brainwashed into reveling in the idea that they know something everyone else doesn't.  It's a point of pride that they are victims of the Deep State.  It's a psychological issue.

28 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Fox viewers have been brainwashed into reveling in the idea that they know something everyone else doesn't.  It's a point of pride that they are victims of the Deep State.  It's a psychological issue.

So what you are saying is that they are complete morons.......and you would be right.

1 hour ago, Jiggy-Z said:

They do stick their heads in the sand. They spend all day listening to Rush and Hannity on the radio and/or watching Fox. They read Breitbart and the Daily Caller and worse. They follow links sent to them uncritically, without evaluating whether the source being linked to should be given credibility.

They don't read the WSJ, National Review or the Economist any more. Those are RINO publications now. They only read those when an article sympathetic to their viewpoint is posted somewhere else they read and they follow the link. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Pods said:

They do stick their heads in the sand. They spend all day listening to Rush and Hannity on the radio and/or watching Fox. They read Breitbart and the Daily Caller and worse. They follow links sent to them uncritically, without evaluating whether the source being linked to should be given credibility.

They don't read the WSJ, National Review or the Economist any more. Those are RINO publications now. They only read those when an article sympathetic to their viewpoint is posted somewhere else they read and they follow the link. 

This is true; I've seen it. Fox, Breitbart, Rush, pj media, the occasional zerohedge, a few other blogs, and that's about it.

They had to have made a conscious choice at some point to go deep into the bubble and reject any other media sources; I don't know why someone would do that, but there it is. I guess they like the warm embrace of having their biases confirmed and no alternative worldview. I'm trying to figure out whether they know what they're doing, or do they really believe the fake news narrative. It seems on some level the more intelligent of them have to know they're consuming nothing but sources that go beyond bias into fantasyland, but they'll never admit it. I just don't get why, though; I've never been much on the team aspect of politics, and actively seek out opposing viewpoints, even subjecting myself to Fox on a semi-regular basis, until the stupidity seems like a really egregious waste of time. These people seem like the exact opposite in that regard; they'd rather remain actively misinformed than even glance at a mainstream newspaper or broadcast.

Edited by Bat Guano

10 minutes ago, Bat Guano said:

I just don't get why,

Because it makes them feel good. 

It's like reading about your college team landing that big recruit or a report that Aggy is facing major NCAA sanctions. 

It doesn't matter if it's true.  It's how it makes them feel. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 2

Rupert Murdoch is 87 and his children do not appear to have his level of interest in running a media empire.

Does anyone here have any idea about a possible sale after Murdoch dies? It may be possible to put an end to the extreme lying under new ownership, and that could be just a few years away.

24 minutes ago, RayDog said:

Rupert Murdoch is 87 and his children do not appear to have his level of interest in running a media empire.

Does anyone here have any idea about a possible sale after Murdoch dies? It may be possible to put an end to the extreme lying under new ownership, and that could be just a few years away.

Where's the money in that?

Because it makes them feel good. 
It's like reading about your college team landing that big recruit or a report that Aggy is facing major NCAA sanctions. 
It doesn't matter if it's true.  It's how it makes them feel. 

This is correct. It really is this simple.