Atmos Energy--Georgetown, Tx

SurlyBDR

Anybody heard of, or affected by this natural gas leak that's been ongoing for the last month in Georgetown? Atmos claims to have "fixed" the leak, but has been digging holes throughout neighborhoods to "relieve gasses built up in the soil," for nearly a month now. I live within rock throwing distance (don't worry, I wont throw any rocks) from the evacuation zone, and they have even replaced pipe up to my neighbor's house. But not mine. Should I be concerned? I have no idea! But, I do know their pipe is as old as the pipe leading to my house.

I also know that Atmos had similar infrastructure problems in the DFW area that led to a home explosion last year, killing a young girl.

Im just hoping that that's not me, my family nor the hundreds (if not thousands) of residents that are be impacted by this. I appreciate the crews that have been called in statewide to work 24/7 in order to help alleviate this situation, however I honestly wonder if their company is doing enough. 

They are gonna have a shitload of business interruption claims to deal with.  My favorite Mexican breakfast joint in Georgetown has been closed for a while over this and I understand that their staff has gone to the four winds to make dough somewhere else so they can keep food on their table.  

I suppose that business interruption claims are more palatable than wrongful death claims:  https://www.dallasnews.com/news/northwest-dallas/2019/03/18/dallas-family-sues-atmos-energy-1-million-after-gas-explosion-forced-start-again

6 minutes ago, SurlyBDR said:

I know a small, independently owned automotive repair shop that has been shut down the entire time. I dont know how this will end for him, as he has had limited success dealing with Atmos regarding business interruption claims. 

That repair shop owner should get real serious and hire an attorney to get Atmos' attention.  Atmos will need to pay for all of this in a big way.

I am not privy to how he's handling all, but I read of his original unsuccessful attempts at dealing with them. I cant imagine how much worse it has gotten over the course of the past 6+ weeks as Atmos has had to displace more residents AND businesses in the area. 

9 hours ago, DalTxHornFan said:

They are gonna have a shitload of business interruption claims to deal with.  My favorite Mexican breakfast joint in Georgetown has been closed for a while over this and I understand that their staff has gone to the four winds to make dough somewhere else so they can keep food on their table.  

I suppose that business interruption claims are more palatable than wrongful death claims:  https://www.dallasnews.com/news/northwest-dallas/2019/03/18/dallas-family-sues-atmos-energy-1-million-after-gas-explosion-forced-start-again

Are you talking about Mariachi’s?

my brother swears that is the best TexMex joint ever. We ate therer once several years ago at his urging. Worst fajita tacos ..... like vulcanized rubber.

Edited by Armybrat

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

Are you talking about Mariachi’s?

my brother swears that is the best TexMex joint ever. We ate therer once several years ago at his urging. Worst fajita tacos ..... like vulcanized rubber.

Yep, that's the place.  Never did the fajitas there.  Menudo and barbacoa is my breakfast of choice there.  Hope they get back in business soon.  

On 3/18/2019 at 11:17 PM, SurlyBDR said:

I am not privy to how he's handling all, but I read of his original unsuccessful attempts at dealing with them. I cant imagine how much worse it has gotten over the course of the past 6+ weeks as Atmos has had to displace more residents AND businesses in the area. 

He's gonna have to lawyer up. They aren't going to voluntarily pay for anything. 

30 minutes ago, VonZipper said:

Typical utility fuckshow, one man in the ground with a shovel and 6 others watching...  Some of the displaced residents had to give up their Atmos furnished hotel rooms for SXSW as some of those rooms were reserved for the weekend.

Screenshot-20190320-125300-Gallery.jpg