Texas at KSU

ClubWhatever

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Skip aint the only good pitching coach in the world.  We had a pretty good string of em before him.

But Pierce and his volunteer assistant pretty clearly aren't getting it done.

of course..but the question was what happened to our pitching? Skip Johnson left and we hired David Pierce and a volunteer.

Just now, dcar00 said:

of course..but the question was what happened to our pitching? Skip Johnson left and we hired David Pierce and a volunteer.

Fair nuf.  And yeah, AO is right, the only experience any AC has other than Pierce's staff at SHSU, Tulane, or Texas is two years at NWSt (La.).  Very comfy for ol Dave.

6 minutes ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

The end of Gus was a shit show.  Darren Gustafson did a lot of the recruiting back then and we ended up with a lot of people from central Texas(because Darren didn’t have to drive) and counties where Darren liked to dove, deer and quail hunt.  It was bad.

Yeah, that's what I understood, and similar complaints were leveled at Harmon before his departure.  But even still:

1995 Texas 44-19 14-10  
1996 Texas 39-24 17-7

SWC Champion

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Fair nuf.  And yeah, AO is right, the only experience any AC has other than Pierce's staff at SHSU, Tulane, or Texas is two years at NWSt (La.).  Very comfy for ol Dave.

agreed. we will need to win the conf tourney to make the tournament.  probably going to go  1 fer 4 on the coaches in the between Dodds and Del Conte era.

holy shit.  Ridgeway just needs to see the bench the rest of the way.  he's awful.   it sucks we are going to have to watch this shitshow for 2 more years.  sept can't get here fast enough.  I think Herman and staff are at least competent.

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

holy shit.  Ridgeway just needs to see the bench the rest of the way.  he's awful.   it sucks we are going to have to watch this shitshow for 2 more years.  sept can't get here fast enough.  I think Herman and staff are at least competent.

Really everyone has regressed tangibly, and seemingly as the season progresses.

So,  since we've only had three coaches now in my lifetime, how long does Pierce get? 3? 4? 5?

Edited by TwiceHorn

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

But then we will get Schloss and all will align. CWS champs 2021.

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Really everyone has regressed tangibly, and seemingly as the season progresses.

So,  since we've only had three coaches now in my lifetime, how long does Pierce get? 3? 4? 5?

misses the tournament this year and next he's gone.  if he makes it one of the next 2 years I think he gets the 3rd but I really want Del Conte to take control and get our fucking house in order.  if that means firing obviously shitty coaches earlier than you'd like, so be it. these days you usually know by the 3rd  year at the latest if you have it or not.  its not worth waiting anymore.  too much money at stake.