2019 MLB thread

spystud13

This has nothing to do with the current season but the question above has me looking at players. 

Who is the only right handed hitting member of the 20-20-20 club?  (20 hr, 3b and 2b in a season, which I didn’t know was a club until just now).

he also qualified for the 20-20-20-20 club that season, with over 20 sb. 

29 minutes ago, WBT said:

Arod, Acuna, ??

Edit - shit, missed an easy one

Spoiler

So after looking it up, I missed on Trout and Arod turned 23 before finishing his 40-40 year.  Arod never had even 30 steals in any other season.  Trout also has never had another 30-30 year but he's had 27-33, 29-30, 33-22, and 39-24.

18 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

This has nothing to do with the current season but the question above has me looking at players. 

Who is the only right handed hitting member of the 20-20-20 club?  (20 hr, 3b and 2b in a season, which I didn’t know was a club until just now).

he also qualified for the 20-20-20-20 club that season, with over 20 sb. 

Ryno?

Did Ty Cobb never have 20 homers?  I would think he did the others pretty regularly.

Edit - He did not.  Career high was 12.  That deadball era must have been something else.  Also not right handed - reading is hard.

9 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Ryno?

19-19-36-32 his mvp year

Edited by WBT

I just called my friend. He informed me that Philly was up 7-0 in the 3rd. Miami put up 7 in the bottom of the inning. They have been outscored 19-2 since taking a touchdown lead. Sweet Baby Jesus this is the newest most incredible outcome of the 2019 season. 

Edited by UpperWestside

Melancon saved it including retiring pinch hitter Steven Matz on a grounder to 3rd.  The Mets only run on the night came on a deGrom homer.  You would think you would win most games where your starter hits a HR and strikes out 13.

f manfred, I love long extra innings games.

• Like 1

Grand slam for Didi to give the Yanks a 6-1 lead and an Urshela double knocks Ryu out.  His ERA is up to 1.95.

The Yankees play at Dodger stadium every 6 or 8 years?  It's a shame instead of the 2 classic unis they're wearing these clown suits.

Edited by WBT
  • Like 2

Grand slam for Didi to give the Yanks a 6-1 lead and an Urshela double knocks Ryu out.  His ERA is up to 1.95.
The Yankees play at Dodger stadium every 6 or 8 years?  It's a shame instead of the 2 classic unis they're wearing these clown suits.

Clown suit?! I have no idea what you’re talking about

dce09a56cc787910401027652a3008f4.jpg
  • Haha 1

That 9th inning was an umpire clownshow, but the Dodgers won. The time call on Gleyber was hilarious. What I have gathered in this series is Jansen will absolutely cost them a post-season game.

Also despite the Yanks getting to feast on the O's and Jays, they would be even better off if they played in the NL West. I really like the Dodgers team, but man they give off a Buffalo Bills early 90's vibe when I see them play. I think they are the product of the worst division in baseball. They are easily a 95 win team in any other division, but the NL West makes them look a whole bunch better.The Astros or Yanks beat them in October. 

The FS1 announcer said that the HP ump called time as soon as the 2nd baseman went down and before the runner started to advance from 3rd.  I never saw a replay that showed whether that was true.

I was listening to Dodgers radio during the middle of this game while out doing yard work.  Apparently it took Rick Monday a game and a half to notice that the Dodger pitchers were wearing black caps and not white ones like the rest of the team.

Edited by WBT

1 hour ago, UpperWestside said:

That 9th inning was an umpire clownshow, but the Dodgers won. The time call on Gleyber was hilarious. What I have gathered in this series is Jansen will absolutely cost them a post-season game.

Also despite the Yanks getting to feast on the O's and Jays, they would be even better off if they played in the NL West. I really like the Dodgers team, but man they give off a Buffalo Bills early 90's vibe when I see them play. I think they are the product of the worst division in baseball. They are easily a 95 win team in any other division, but the NL West makes them look a whole bunch better.The Astros or Yanks beat them in October. 

That’s, like, your opinion, man.  

Dodgers win this one.  This is the best team we’ve had of the last 3.

2 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

This year is the best teams NYY and the Astros have had of the last three as well.

The Astros starters are incredible. If those guys are all on I am not sure how they lose in October. The Yankees can trot out a great bullpen with Ottavino, Kanhle, Britton and Chapman. If the starters can get to them without being a total clownshow they have the next best shot. The Dodgers can mash and to me there is not a better place to watch a game than Chavez Ravine. I hope they make it to the World Series. The sport is better when they are good.

We're I a fan of the Dodgers I would be a bit worried because they put up five runs in three games. Cleveland put up a touchdown in the first inning last week against this same team whose staff has looked like the Royals for the last month. 

17 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Just about a perfect weekend for the Astros chasing home field.
Started 1 back of the Yankees and 3 of the Dodgers
Ended up tied with the Yankees and 1 back of the Dodgers.

I looked at the Yanks schedule for September and they have a four game series in Boston. The rest of it playing mediocre to expansion-level teams. This week they get three in Seattle and three in the Bronx with Oakland. That could be a fun series. Oakland went on their run last year after their trip to New York. I have not looked at Houston or LA yet though. 

I looked at the Yanks schedule for September and they have a four game series in Boston. The rest of it playing mediocre to expansion-level teams. This week they get three in Seattle and three in the Bronx with Oakland. That could be a fun series. Oakland went on their run last year after their trip to New York. I have not looked at Houston or LA yet though. 

They are all equally weak.

After the Astros midweek set against the Rays this week, it’s 4 against Oakland and 2 at MIL for the only games against teams above .500 the rest of the way.

Oh, and 43% of their remaining games are against the AL West at home.
“Who cares”, you say?
Astros 23-2 against the AL West at home so far this year.

29 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

They are all equally weak.

After the Astros midweek set against the Rays this week, it’s 4 against Oakland and 2 at MIL for the only games against teams above .500 the rest of the way.

Oh, and 43% of their remaining games are against the AL West at home.
“Who cares”, you say?
Astros 23-2 against the AL West at home so far this year.

Ugh. I wish that September games were more meaningful for the contenders. Seeing who beats down more Quad A teams down the stretch to get homefield just doesn't seem like as much fun.