2019 MLB thread

spystud13

6 hours ago, spystud13 said:

You could have easily fired him the day after the regular season was over but instead choose to do it a month earlier. Tells me the ownership was pissed at him for a while now.  Saddled with expensive contracts and a poor farm club adds up to future large FA contracts to stay relevant.

Tauchman & Hicks likely done for ‘19. 

The 28-year-old Tauchman is one of numerous revelations on a Yankees roster that has navigated injuries all season. The third-year outfielder has slashed .277/.361/.504 with 13 homers across 296 plate appearances (87 games), while also ranking among the Major League leaders in Statcast’s Outs Above Average (OAA) defensive metric.

Giancarlo Stanton (sprained right knee) is still logging simulated at-bats at the Yankees’ complex in Tampa, Fla., as he tries to return before the regular-season finale, and fellow outfielder Cameron Maybin is battling a left wrist issue that could require surgery after the season. His at-bat Sunday as a replacement for Tauchman was his first since Aug. 28. Aaron Hicks might not return this season thanks to a right elbow setback that has rendered him unable to throw. Clint Frazier, recently called up from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, could see more playing time in Tauchman’s absence.

1 hour ago, Goo Punch said:

also, someone needs to take the clapping seth rogen/artie lange morph from the Yordan clip and make him a gif. paging @hornfan785

I know doxxing people is frowned upon in this establishment, but I'm pretty sure that was our very own Scraps.  

Edited by Beau Vine
verboten
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2