2019 MLB thread

spystud13

11 hours ago, DaysOff said:

Kid batting is probably the Kelly Leak of the neighborhood too.

You guys talking about Kelly Leak? That dude is a bad mother. You talk about a loan shark. I borrowed a nickel from him last week. He said if I didn't give him a dime by Friday, he'd break my arm

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, WBT said:

His counting stats are all highest against Houston because they moved to the AL West about the same time, but his rate stats have dropped just like his overall stats.

Yeah 2012 was the only year Pooholes and the Stros weren't in the same division...  If you throw out the Cardinals (who never had to face him when he was badass) and Angels (who never got to face him as he was winding down) then the Astros are 17th of 28 in terms of teams he's torn up.

If guilty, German should face extremely harsh penalties, maybe even criminal charges. A thorough investigation should take at least until early November or the day after the World Series ends to complete. At that point his punishment should be handed down. 

In the meantime making him pitch should be punishment enough. Think about the damage he’s doing to his shoulder with each throw.

Just now, Helobious said:

If guilty, German should face extremely harsh penalties, maybe even criminal charges. A thorough investigation should take at least until early November or the day after the World Series ends to complete. At that point his punishment should be handed down. 

In the meantime making him pitch should be punishment enough. Think about the damage he’s doing to his shoulder with each throw.

He sucks anyway.  I guess he’s your “ace”?

3 hours ago, Helobious said:

If he did what was reported his ass needs to be shipped out on a rail and never heard from again. What a pathetic bitch move on his part to do that. 

Cubs score 3 in the bottom of the 9th to tie it and Kimbrel immediately gives up a HR in the top of the 10th.  What a disaster he's been.  Why won't anyone sign him?  Collusion!!11!11!!

I'm hoping the Cubs will take 3 out of 4 just so the NL central/wildcard goes down to next Saturday or Sunday.

Edited by WBT

On 9/17/2019 at 9:22 AM, Beau Vine said:

Specially for @spystud13:

This stuff is now online for all players for the last 5 years, so I'm going to blow my entire day here: 

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/visuals/swing-take?playerId=571875&year=2019

It's amazing how much of some batters' value they quantify as coming from not swinging at bad pitches, taking walks and avoiding weak contact.  Ted Williams's severed head would be so happy with this.