2019 MLB thread

spystud13

2 hours ago, Fozzz said:

The Cubs failing to make the postseason with like a 110 run differential will be the funniest shit ever if it happens. 

33 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Astros have a legitimate shot of having the best hitting season (highest wRC+) in the modern era.  with only 8 games left to play, the Astros are currently tied in wRC+ (126) with the 1927 Yankees.  Weird that few people are talking about this.  

I'll bet you're a blast at parties.

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Fuck You 1

40 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

serious question: if/when Maddon is out in Chicago, is there any chance at all that we could pull Francona away from Cleveland? Because he's pretty much the only guy I'd want. 

Tito’s got two more years under contract.   Just got extended this year.  He’s still got the Lindor core and great starting pitching in a relatively weak division.  Why would he leave that situation?

10 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Tito’s got two more years under contract.   Just got extended this year.  He’s still got the Lindor core and great starting pitching in a relatively weak division.  Why would he leave that situation?

because he could move to the NL and reunite with the greatest GM/president who ever lived? I'm legit just throwing shit at the wall here. Cleveland is loaded, but they are at best the #4 team in the AL, and I don't see that changing any time soon. Maybe the chance to reunite with Theo and to take over a pretty damn talented roster would be enticing to him. I dunno. He's just the guy that I'd want. 

10 hours ago, Fozzz said:

Astros have a legitimate shot of having the best hitting season (highest wRC+) in the modern era.  with only 8 games left to play, the Astros are currently tied in wRC+ (126) with the 1927 Yankees.  Weird that few people are talking about this.  

The Astros are the 3rd best hitting team this season, forget them being in the all-time conversation. The entire objective of hitting is to score runs. The Astros have scored the 3rd most runs this year. How can you claim to have the best offense if you don't score the most runs? 

19 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Why are you so concerned about getting negged?  Get over yourself, you’re not that important.

I really don't even understand why you post in this thread, because you don't even seem to like baseball.  You just like the Astros.  And you contribute absolutely zero to this thread.  

• Fuck You 1

7 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I really don't even understand why you post in this thread, because you don't even seem to like baseball.  You just like the Astros.  And you contribute absolutely zero to this thread.  

Calm down old man.  I only post when you get on your high horse but read the thread all the time.

And that’s that until the next time.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Helobious said:

The Astros are the 3rd best hitting team this season, forget them being in the all-time conversation. The entire objective of hitting is to score runs. The Astros have scored the 3rd most runs this year. How can you claim to have the best offense if you don't score the most runs? 

hitting and scoring are different things genius. 

9 hours ago, Helobious said:

Because hitting and run scoring are separate things, and hitting is only one component of scoring runs?

17 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Because hitting and run scoring are separate things, and hitting is only one component of scoring runs?

Base running makes up only a small portion of offense.  For instance, the Astros have 197 batting runs this season while the best base running team (Arizona) has 18.9 base running runs.  What usually drives discrepancies between batting runs and runs scored is sequencing, which isn't a skill.  

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

The 87 Twins actually won it all with a -20 RDiff

Take note Helobious. One can actually make a post or answer a question without being a complete dick.

Try telling that to anyone who responds to anything I post on here. It’s a vicious cycle I find myself in. I can either be a doormat, fight back, or just avoid it all and not post. Option 2 is clearly the most sensible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Try telling that to anyone who responds to anything I post on here. It’s a vicious cycle I find myself in. I can either be a doormat, fight back, or just avoid it all and not post. Option 2 is clearly the most sensible.

You are beginning to sound like our good friend Mr. Goo Punch here.  

• Like 2

On 9/21/2019 at 9:50 PM, Helobious said:

the astros are the best hitting team this season.  the whole point of hitting is to score runs, and the whole point of scoring runs is to win games, so the astros are the best hitting team this season, because they have the best record.