2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 minute ago, BeTheBallDanny said:

Agree with previous comments - this would have been much harder, but Mensa has already made me numb to losing...

Pinning my hopes on Shaka seems rather foolhardy.  Maybe I’ll shift my focus to volleyball???

It’s almost like getting fulfillment out of sports is a fools errand. You would think I’d learn this by now but I’m slow. 

Ugly ass series, but great season overall by the Astros.  Congrats for taking the Flag.  Seems like a fun ride for most of y'all.  Just as a Texas transplant, was fun watching good baseball being played here in Texas.  A nice gesture was the #2 owner of the Nats reaching out and congratulating Houston and its Texas fans for a competitive series. 

5 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Not worse. Most of this bunch won the WS two years ago and the Nats are a better team than the Cardinals were that year. Rangers blew a 2-run lead in the bottom of the 11th in Game 6 and had a catchable ball (for anyone not named Nellie Cruz). Rangers lose, get beat in Game 7 and haven't sniffed a championship since. And there isn't one coming any time soon either. That was worse.

Cue Hurt.

Because it sure still does 

Just now, Lobo said:

Ugly ass series, but great season overall by the Astros.  Congrats for taking the Flag.  Seems like a fun ride for most of y'all.  Just as a Texas transplant, was fun watching good baseball being played here in Texas.  A nice gesture was the #2 owner of the Nats reaching out and congratulating Houston and its Texas fans for a competitive series. 

Easy to be cordial when you win. 

2 minutes ago, At Ease said:

Thanks for a great year, Astros.

Puts 2017 in perspective, you’ve got to be good, you’ve got to get the breaks.

Thanks guys for all the posts and contributions and game threads throughout the year. As an out of towner who had to follow mlb.com box scores for updates, they were greatly appreciated.

You need some breaks, for sure. But you also need to be able to play from behind sometimes. In 2017, we could come back.  In 2019, 1 run down turned into nervous pitching, fielding errors, more opponent runs, and horrendous at bats. Not just in the world series, but also in the alds and alcs. 

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

angry will ferrell GIF

• Like 1

Embarrassing. Grienke was doing great...and all for nothing?

No time for positive outlooks. This was a waste of a season to choke like this at home.

Nata lost at home too, but they are new to this stage. We should have owned the home field like vets.

Can’t win one fukin game at home out of 4?!?!?!?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, utxmike05 said:

Embarrassing. Grienke was doing great...and all for nothing?

No time for positive outlooks. This was a waste of a season to choke like this at home.

Nata lost at home too, but they are new to this stage. We should have owned the home field like vets.

Can’t win one fukin game at home out of 4?!?!?!?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fuck off.

2 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

timely home runs by our best players

I know chicks dig the long ball and all, but man I’d like to see a little more hitting and execution. I cannot believe that players don’t bunt against the shift. You do that a few times successfully and they’ll stop shifting against you.  

3 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

That’s true. We should have lost to,the Rays and I have no idea how we beat the Yankees. 

Yep. Rays should have been the AL rep. Think they would have handled the Yankees, and given the Nats a real every game back and forth series with a bunch of extra innings thrown in. Would have been more fun to watch for the nonaligned fan. We just tried to out all star teams. It barely worked, barely worked, and then didn't work. 

I just spent the last 10 minutes consoling Chuy because he started crying when Brantley struck out. I think I was talking to myself outloud intending to speak with him about how you dont always win 

Fuck baseball. Life goes on but fuck it 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

There's always room for improvement.  Like maybe Bregman and Correa not run their stupid mouths so much.  So cringy hearing this team talk about being a dynasty.  You have to win more than one before even being in the conversation.

Unfortunately I think this year was the year to get another title if it was going to happen.

4 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

I know chicks dig the long ball and all, but man I’d like to see a little more hitting and execution. I cannot believe that players don’t bunt against the shift. You do that a few times successfully and they’ll stop shifting against you.  

Because we're an american league team now, and we don't do that shit. one true outcome bro.