Port Commission approves VLCC facility on harbor island

Texaus

Yea, posted because been hearing rumblings from friends /family that live on the island. Thought maybe I was missing something, seems to me it would be quite the boom to the region and only real blight would be tanks and spoil from dredging. They also bitching about plans for a desalination plant on harbor island, that I can more understand their gripes because of effluent ito bays/gulf.

2 hours ago, Texaus said:

Yea, posted because been hearing rumblings from friends /family that live on the island. Thought maybe I was missing something, seems to me it would be quite the boom to the region and only real blight would be tanks and spoil from dredging. They also bitching about plans for a desalination plant on harbor island, that I can more understand their gripes because of effluent ito bays/gulf.

There is also the image.  Rockport-Aransas Pass-Port A chambers of commerce don’t want the area to look like Pasadena or deer park.   But it seems like the most logical place to pump crude out of Texas.  I assume some pipelines to CC harbor already exist.  

And while the chance is probably low for an accident, a major spill would be devastating to the bays.