Naked and Afraid

RPM

• 2 weeks later...

Takes me two days to get thru a two hour episode. Glad Matt and Wes didn't have to tap when their partners left and sad to see the only eye candy in the whole damn show gone.

Jeff is a fucktard and seems like they all hate him, even his partner.. Gonna be interesting going forward.

Edited by Nole-4-Life

Loving the new concept.  I'd pretty much given up on the show a few months ago.  Nothing wrong with it.  It was just getting redundant.

I don't hate Jeff as much as most.  He just overdoes his schtick.

As one who believes myself to be a pretty tough guy, I am in awe of what these folks are able to accomplish.   

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

We’re this truly reality the others would have sold Jeff into slavery to some indigenous tribe for a gazelle carcass.

There's still time I hope. 

I loved how completely shocked Jeff was that his partner wasn't enjoying her time with him.

I was a little surprised at how low key Stacey's reaction to the tap suggestion was.  I wanted her to have more of a "fuck off, I'm in it to win it" attitude toward Gary.  She should absolutely still manipulate Jeff with threats to tap, regardless of if she's seriously considering it. 

There's a new show on Netflix that seems to be a combo of Alone and Survivor.  One ep in.  Not too bad.  It's called "Outlast".
There are 4 groups of four.  A tad more drama than Alone due to the social aspect.

Not to derail this thread but i am like on ep 6 and this shit is on another level so yall may want to check it out
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Scraps said:

Not to derail this thread but i am like on ep 6 and this shit is on another level so yall may want to check it out

Lol.  After my rec, I dropped it after ep 2.  The scene with the raft race to the island was so poorly edited and done, I couldn't anymore.

Spoiler

On 5/25/2023 at 3:37 PM, Texzilla58 said:

It might be the first reality show to actually have a murder. The tribalism erupts quickly.

I'm in episode 6 of Outlast ...Jill maybe the worst human being I've ever seen in a reality show. It's a high bar I know, but jfk she's evil. Jeff on N&A seems pretty cool in comparison. And I hate felon Jeff...

• Hook 'Em 1

I assume Wes and Matt were not allowed to officially work as a team, but I wonder if the rules prevented them from building adjacent camps and sharing some tasks?  Some people aren't wired to be alone.  Wes lost all motivation when Amber was tapped.  He's always been a team guy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/29/2023 at 9:18 PM, CAHorn said:

I'm in episode 6 of Outlast ...Jill maybe the worst human being I've ever seen in a reality show. It's a high bar I know, but jfk she's evil. Jeff on N&A seems pretty cool in comparison. And I hate felon Jeff...

Binged it yesterday.  Spoilered.

Spoiler

I wanted to like it much more than I did.  The concept was great, but the production was off.  There were several points that seemed either too contrived or poorly edited.  One example.  Three dudes on one tribe are trying to communicate with Jill.  They decide to send a msg on an arrow.  It's all covert and "hush-hush".  They send the arrow.  5 minutes later, they're talking back and forth with like 20 feet of water between them.  There were other things, but I digress.

Jill was horrible.  Love how she just couldn't believe Austin would stab them in the back.  When Jill and Auburn (?) were destroying Manny's camp and talking about how there were no laws out there, I wanted him to pimp slap Jill, then say, "Sorry.  No laws."  (No.  I don't condone a man hitting a woman.  It just would have been damn near earned in this case.)

What was up with the finale?  Seemed like they ran out of ideas when folks got comfy and stopped flaring.  Let's have them race?