Naked and Afraid

RPM

Whew.  Finally caught up.  I just couldn't take the stand-alone episodes any more.  Saw y'all's discussion about XL and binged over the weekend.

I'm not taking Trish's side by any means, but Amber seems to be a bit much.  I mean, Jen sided with Trish, and now Jeff is siding with Trish, so I'm assuming there's a lot we didn't get to see.

I still wouldn't last 30 mins in the mosquitoes/flies.  The rest I think I could handle - for a bit anyway.

• Like 1

Jeff never fails to be a piece of shit season after season.

I so wanted the three of them to abandon camp, spend a day lost and hungry and then watch Jeff tap. That would have been perfect.

Trish has to make the top 10 most delusional list for people who actually completed something once. Comparing her attitude about fishing to EJ's was pretty telling to me.

• Hook 'Em 1

I feel like it was the same thing every time.

Amber would do something for the group and try to involve Trish or Jen. They wouldn't do it because they were doing something that benefitted only themselves, or nobody, or they just wanted to sit and talk to each other, or they wanted to weave their bed for the fourth consecutive day. 

They were happy to eat the food she caught, but were too put out to even acknowledge she had provided for them once again. Just horrible human beings all the way around.

I remember in Jen's season she tried to burn down the Bulgarian forest when alone and fire crews had to be called in. Maybe she can burn down the hut with them both inside this time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CAHorn said:

I feel like it was the same thing every time.

Amber would do something for the group and try to involve Trish or Jen. They wouldn't do it because they were doing something that benefitted only themselves, or nobody, or they just wanted to sit and talk to each other, or they wanted to weave their bed for the fourth consecutive day. 

They were happy to eat the food she caught, but were too put out to even acknowledge she had provided for them once again. Just horrible human beings all the way around.

I remember in Jen's season she tried to burn down the Bulgarian forest when alone and fire crews had to be called in. Maybe she can burn down the hut with them both inside this time.

Frankly I hope those two don't catch shit for the next ten days. They deserve to starve a little.

I was hoping Amber was going to get stuck in the woods in the middle of the night with no shelter or anything, but I knew that shit wouldn't happen when she wasn't even attempting to figure out any type of shelter when it was getting closer to dark.  

Which in turn leads me to believe she was told where the other camp was and knew she was just going to walk up on it.  #RealityTV 

20 minutes ago, Scraps said:

I was hoping Amber was going to get stuck in the woods in the middle of the night with no shelter or anything, but I knew that shit wouldn't happen when she wasn't even attempting to figure out any type of shelter when it was getting closer to dark.  

Which in turn leads me to believe she was told where the other camp was and knew she was just going to walk up on it.  #RealityTV 

Yep, obviously staged or she would have taken some tools instead of trekking with only a knife. The XLs are overly staged.

And there it is, the common denominator in the problem.  Trish.  Now everyone hates her lazy ass.  Happy to sit around and let everyone else do the work.  Glad to see her get what is coming to her.  Jen should leave and beg Amber and the guys to take her in.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Scraps said:

I liked EJ in the past from what I can remember, but he is looking real weak so far. He can't hunt, he can't fish, he missed that eel.

"That's my team" is getting used a lot by him since they are bringing in all the grub

EJ is a good guy that will carry his weight and more. He hasn't killed much because there isn't any game where they are camped. The eel reminded me of when they were hunting manta rays a few seasons ago. They burrow into the mud when hit and wiggle off the spear. The solution is make a barbed spear they can't slide off of.

And there goes Trish getting on Jen's ass about catching fish, then laying in the shelter on her ass pouting. 

What a cunt. I hope she starves or a jaguar gets her. Jen just seems like a meek little mouse that will follow whatever. Looks like she's regretting hitching her wagon to that cunt's star.

Edited by Nole-4-Life

Amber's "high road" support always comes off as a bit disingenuous to me, and she clearly likes to be in charge and have things done her way.  She's still a bad ass, but I'm not sure I could put up with her for two months, even in a non-survival situation.  That said, I don't recall wishing for anyone to fail as much as I did Trish.  I would have liked to see how Jen and Amber worked together if Trish hadn't been part of the group.  I think Jen would have flourished more than she did.  

I think EJ is just too old for these challenges now.  He just seems off his game, and has not made any contributions at all.  Kudos for realizing he was a drag on the team, and wandering out into the forest to fall on his sword.  

• Like 1

There have been a number of people over the years who melted down and became terrible to be around, like Lacy in her XL. But i can't remember anyone who was as horrible as Trish was from start to finish. She's just an awful person. I'd rather be in a group with loud Jeff and nutball Gary.

I think Jen is just young and extremely impressionable. She was like a baby duck that choose the wrong "Mom" to imprint on.

EJ has either aged out of this endeavor, or was a bad fit for the specific environment. Steven was having the same trouble hunting before EJ got there, but he pivoted to fishing after they moved camps. EJ just doesn't seem to have a pivot move.

6 minutes ago, RPM said:

Don't count EJ out yet. I have a feeling he's going to wander into Dan, Waz and Matt.

I wouldn't bet against that. They (the producers) seen to be taking a bigger role this season.

I believe Scraps' theory about Amber knowing where to go in one day.

I don't think there's any chance Trish just happened to get her lard butt up after sleeping and moaning for 4-5 days and then they suddenly "found" two drugged baby cayman who just waited to be picked up.

I don't believe Amber just "happened" to build a raft 30-35 days before extraction so it would be there for Trish and Jen. Nobody ever starts their raft until very late in the process, but they started almost immediately if I remember correctly.

4 hours ago, idigTexas said:

Amber's "high road" support always comes off as a bit disingenuous to me, and she clearly likes to be in charge and have things done her way.  She's still a bad ass, but I'm not sure I could put up with her for two months, even in a non-survival situation.  That said, I don't recall wishing for anyone to fail as much as I did Trish.  I would have liked to see how Jen and Amber worked together if Trish hadn't been part of the group.  I think Jen would have flourished more than she did.  

I think EJ is just too old for these challenges now.  He just seems off his game, and has not made any contributions at all.  Kudos for realizing he was a drag on the team, and wandering out into the forest to fall on his sword.  

Totally agree on Jen getting along and flourishing with Amber.

3 hours ago, RPM said:

Don't count EJ out yet. I have a feeling he's going to wander into Dan, Waz and Matt.

Yep.  That's a strong possibility.  Dude didn't take any water, which is a good sign that he has a soft landing coordinated.  He's either going to end up at the cantina camp, or this is a premeditated "tap with fake honor" situation.  Not slighting EJ at all, I just think he is past his prime.  

One thing working against the group merge theory is that I believe the cantina camp is in the opposite direction from extraction, assuming they have the same extraction point as Trish and Jen.  I think EJ implied he was going to look for greener pastures closer to extraction, so if he ends up at the other camp, then the producers have been more sloppy than usual at hiding the shenanigans.  

3 hours ago, CAHorn said:

I don't believe Amber just "happened" to build a raft 30-35 days before extraction so it would be there for Trish and Jen. Nobody ever starts their raft until very late in the process, but they started almost immediately if I remember correctly.

Amber wasn't planning THAT far ahead.  It was intended to serve a dual purpose, as a dock for fishing the main canal, then later a raft for extraction.  I wish Amber had taken it with her, but it would not have fit the narrative that we are being fed.  

I agree with the planted cayman theory.  Typical "need protein for extraction, oh there's some" bs.  

Edited by idigTexas
OU sucks, like my typing

7 hours ago, ss13 said:

Previews for next episode & the guide info tell you what happens, so avoid those if you really want to wait. 

It would help if they didn't run next week's promo before this weeks episode ended.

• Like 1

Just caught up today. The cayman score Trish and Je got was such horseshit, but you can expect that on this show. I don’t see how EJ is going to make it, but he may miraculously run into the other group and be saved. At least no more Trish and her deflated ass stomach. 🤢

And of course Discovery just showed a preview that gives away too much. Damnit. Still going to watch, Matt’s group might be one of my favs ever. All great guys who are killing it! 

On 6/27/2022 at 8:01 AM, Nole-4-Life said:

I would like to spread mud on Amber's ass. 

That is all....

image.jpeg.055a74a16ef1a8d8f313483285a0a263.jpeg

It is like the producers are trying to create something going on with her and Steven.  The mud thing, the alone pad they have in the new camp etc.  I am getting sick of the love you brother and sister stuff.  It comes off weird.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

It is like the producers are trying to create something going on with her and Steven.  The mud thing, the alone pad they have in the new camp etc.  I am getting sick of the love you brother and sister stuff.  It comes off weird.

Pretty sure they're both married. There won't be any romance.

8 hours ago, RPM said:

Pretty sure they're both married. There won't be any romance.

Don't know about Steven but Amber is definitely married.

Not that that ever stopped anyone. But who would want to bang it out with someone hadn't had a bath or brushed their teeth in two months???