How many digital subscriptions are you on?

52-80

Also, if you haven't cancelled a credit card just to get rid of whatever subs you may or may not have, then you're not really trying. 
I'm still paying rent on an unused domain name from 20 years ago because it's on automatic payment

10 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

Also, if you haven't cancelled a credit card just to get rid of whatever subs you may or may not have, then you're not really trying. 

I’ve done that several times for things like gym memberships, but the last time I did that the membership auto transferred...

I currently have Prime, Hulu, DTVNow, Surly, Apple cloud, and Spotify.   All of these added together are still cheaper than cable.  

Thinking about adding Netflix back in for the summer.  

On 4/6/2019 at 3:14 AM, bolverk said:

Yeah, I don't recall what that old email address was. I think it was some variation of my name with some numbers and ending in @utexas.edu but rarely, rarely used it.

The system certainly predated the Gmail platform and maybe even Microsoft Office and I have ZERO recollection about getting a "new" email address some years later.

Come to think of it, I don't even remember what software was used to check that email.

Edit: I'm not entirely convinced I was ever issued an EID. Just checked their website for tracking this down, and it looks like I'm going to have to do this the old fashioned way: make a phone call to some administrative backwater office.

Dear God, I hope Tex doesn't answer. 

Are you sure you graduated?

On 4/5/2019 at 6:55 AM, Patricio Swayze said:

Netflix

Amazon Prime

Apple iCloud (200 gig)...I should get rid of this.

I have the unlimited google drive given to Texas alumni.

I am old school when it comes to music, prefer to have songs on my phone (currently 2,784). And I also use a “borrowed” copy of photoshop rather than pay for subscription.

Wow, never knew about the unlimited google drive storage. Just resurrected my alumni email, signed in, and there it is. This is really fantastic. Thanks for cluing us in.  

• Like 1

On 4/5/2019 at 10:53 PM, elfenix said:

prime
netflix
mlb@bat (though its free from tmobile)
hbo
wapo
google one
crashplan
newsleecher
cyberghost

fyi, tmobile covers my netflix too

Netflix (tmobile pays)

Mlb.tv (tmobile pays)

Hulu $1/month for a year

Prime

Youtubetv

Apple music - kids

Will also sub to hbo soon

Audible, most of the time

Lynda.com (free through library)

Now, ut gmail and google drive. Luckily I got my eid/email when they used to let you choose/customize it.

Edited by pacman

Looks like youtubetv is out for me, since they decided to become a cable company. 43% price increase for channels I didn't ask for. Idiots. A la carte cable channel pricing seems a pipe dream as the other streaming services have also done similar hikes.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/10/youtube-tv-price-increases-to-50-a-month.html

Edited by pacman

52 minutes ago, pacman said:

Looks like youtubetv is out for me, since they decided to become a cable company. 43% price increase for channels I didn't ask for. Idiots. A la carte cable channel pricing seems a pipe dream as the other streaming services have also done similar hikes.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/10/youtube-tv-price-increases-to-50-a-month.html

YouTubeTV will now have HGTV?

Guess I won't be able to get rid of it once my wife finds out.

I'm starting to get app and subscription fatigue. I think we might see the pendulum swing back where people with start to value simplicity - one cable pipe, a few credit cards. I need a 3TB phone just to keep all the old lady's apps every damn store and do not even remember how many freaking TV subscriptions we have because one kid likes a show on Netflix, one on Prime, and I need to jerk off to Sabrina on Netflix. Basically they're copying the cable model - you have to pay for a bunch of shit you don't want because you like 1-2 shows. NOW GET OFF MY YARD!

7 hours ago, Kyle said:

I'm starting to get app and subscription fatigue. I think we might see the pendulum swing back where people with start to value simplicity - one cable pipe, a few credit cards. I need a 3TB phone just to keep all the old lady's apps every damn store and do not even remember how many freaking TV subscriptions we have because one kid likes a show on Netflix, one on Prime, and I need to jerk off to Sabrina on Netflix. Basically they're copying the cable model - you have to pay for a bunch of shit you don't want because you like 1-2 shows. NOW GET OFF MY YARD!

Yeap, this is what I was getting at.  Everythings fucking perpetual  bite-sized payments nowadays.  Forgot to add to my list I was paying for Evernote, Lastpass...thankfully had lifetime purchase of VPN.

I miss just buying shit and owning it