Roseanne

TahoeHorn

"Did you know that Valerie Jarrett was a touch black before this whole ordeal? I sure as hell had no idea...i highly doubt the vast majority of people know this either...or Roseanne for that matter.

Pretty sure she wouldn't have said this knowingly about a black person. That is obvious career suicide.

No one knew. Everyone thought she was Arab/Persian."

If only there were some baseline to judge whether to giver her the benefit of the doubt or not.

Barr-Screen-Shot-122213.png

4 hours ago, TornACL said:

When you are an uneducated person who reads nothing but garbage all day long, it's no surprise that you begin to spew excrement once that garbage fully infects your brain.

are you talking about trump?  this does explain a lot.  thanks.

38 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Least shocking retweet ever.

that is pretty much the worst apology ever.

(especially when contrasted with the down right polite and cordial response Chelsea gave to the original insult.)

Edited by yoladu

2 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

so far, this is my favorite reply:

My favorite aspect of it is the complete nonchalant acceptance of a completely false, non-existent premise of the Theory of Evolution, that it concludes that "we evolved from apes".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

they just yanked the reruns off of several networks.

She just fucked Goodman and Co. out of serious residual dollars. 

Yeah, this part sucks. Sucks for me personally, actually. I love the original show and the new one grew on me. No joke, I'll miss it. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

2 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Will the president weigh in on behalf of Roseanne Barr? Can he resist mentioning it in Tennessee tonight?

She will be referred to as a "young and beautiful life, with stars in her eyes" now her "life is in tatters" because of the "fake news media" and "liberal hollywood elite". 

• Like 2

He’s complicit in re-elevating her, IMO. Listening to the Stern interview of them both, it appeared to me that he knew her difficulties with conspiracy theories and they had an agreement not to discuss them.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Trump is kryptonite. He's the human version of Russian murder poison. The paradigm has been cemented, he devalues everything he touches. He's the non consensual midas touch of another's private parts.

Every trump supporter should heed the warning. An alliance with him will debase you, completely.

7 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Yeah, this part sucks. Sucks for me personally, actually. I love the original show and the new one grew on me. No joke, I'll miss it. 

Trump fires people, perpetually.

1 minute ago, R2D2 said:

Trump is kryptonite. He's the human version of Russian murder poison. The paradigm has been cemented, he devalues everything he touches. He's the non consensual midas touch of another's private parts.

Every trump supporter should heed the warning. An alliance with him will debase you, completely.

Scaramucci aside. 

5 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

She will be referred to as a "young and beautiful life, with stars in her eyes" now her "life is in tatters" because of the "fake news media" and "liberal hollywood elite". 

It's really a shame what's happened, that I can tell you.  It's disgusting.  She's had her life ruined.  Really bad people at ABC.  Bad.  I should've gotten the Emmy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, R2D2 said:

You just described precisely what Donald Trump is: a conman.  He tempts with promises of riches or fame that are too good to be true.  Suckers fall for it.  They lose everything, while he makes a killing and moves onto his next mark.  

1 hour ago, Pods said:

Never said it was the end of the world, I said it was a kick in the nuts. It doesn't matter how long they have to wait until their next job, a shit load of people who live paycheck to paycheck are unemployed right now because Rosanne is a piece of shit who has poor impulse control. They had nothing to do with that and it sucks. 

I don't disagree, I was only pointing out it's no different then any other show that gets canceled for whatever reason which they didn't have anything to do with those decisions either. 

Dude, seriously?

Are you responsible for any of your co-workers being dipshits?

This wasn’t someone that just happened to get a paycheck from the same employer. He had a critical role in relaunching the show and giving her dangerous, crazy cult of conspiracy theorists mainstream credibility.

Yeah, he shares some degree of blame, IMO.

On the morning after the 2016 election, a group of nearly a dozen ABC executives gathered at their Burbank, Calif., headquarters to determine what Donald J. Trump’s victory meant for the network’s future.

“We looked at each other and said, ‘There’s a lot about this country we need to learn a lot more about, here on the coasts,’” Ben Sherwood, the president of Disney and ABC’s television group, said in an interview.

They began asking themselves which audiences they were not serving well and what they could do to better live up to the company name — the American Broadcasting Company. By the meeting’s end, they had in place the beginnings of a revised strategy that led the network to reboot a past hit centered on a struggling Midwestern family, a show that had a chance to appeal to the voters who had helped put Mr. Trump in the White House.

On Tuesday night, the strategy proved more successful than the executives had hoped: “Roseanne” premiered to the highest ratings for any network sitcom in almost four years.

The show’s approach to sociopolitical issues — its star and co-creator, Roseanne Barr, plays an unabashed Trump supporter who spars with her liberal sister, played by Laurie Metcalf — especially reverberated among heartland viewers. The top markets for the debut read like a political pollster’s red-state checklist: Cincinnati; Kansas City, Mo.; Tulsa, Okla. Liberal enclaves like New York and Los Angeles did not crack the top 20.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/29/business/media/roseanne-ratings-trump.html

Reading about ABC's decision to go ahead with the show, what were they expecting?  It seems if Roseanne did anything wrong, it was taking her character too seriously.  

Trump is just the most viscerally repugnant face of the decades long policy of the republican party to gain power by making thr shittiest of white people believe they are superior to even the best of non whites simply because of their white skin. The republicans sold their soul for cheap pandering to both the top wealthy elite whites (we will always do your bidding) and the poorest of garbage whites (we will constantly tell you how superior you are to everyone who is not white) at the same time. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/29/business/media/roseanne-ratings-trump.html

Reading about ABC's decision to go ahead with the show, what were they expecting?  It seems if Roseanne did anything wrong, it was taking her character too seriously.  

Comedians get away with murder on stage: racism, misogyny, misanthropy, etc, etc.  She was on public twitter.  No way to couch her rudeness/crassness with: "just jokes" there. 

Did she actually have an interaction with the Jared lady on twitter or how did she come to her offending tweet towards her?  (Im not on twitter and don't follow Rosanne nor Jared if I were)  

Media people are ratings whores and the different iterations of Rosanne apparently got decent ratings.  It will be interesting if anyone picks it up after she goes to a treatment facility, or whatever she does to attempt to rehab her image.  Did I mention media people are whores for ratings?

Edited by zork

39 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

The new hit single from his latest album. 

4 minutes ago, zork said:

It will be interesting if anyone picks it up

If anyone did it would be FOX. But, I don't think the entertainment division wants to wade into the news division's cesspool.

Dennis Miller attached himself to Bill O'Reilly and then Bill sexually assaulted the news division, so ... 

Anyway, she's finished. Unless she wants to do a racist Trumpian podcast.

Even night club comedians will condemn this.

6 minutes ago, RPM said:

If anyone did it would be FOX. But, I don't think the entertainment division wants to wade into the news division's cesspool.

Ya doubt they would touch it. Rupert doesn't control that side. There are presumably still some morals on the TV side of things. 

1 minute ago, R2D2 said:

Dennis Miller attached himself to Bill O'Reilly and then Bill sexually assaulted the news division, so ... 

Anyway, she's finished. Unless she wants to do a racist Trumpian podcast.

Even night club comedians will condemn this.

She will be a co-host on Fox News. They'll bring her and Scott Baio on to discuss why we need a wall and why celebrities should stay out of politics, without a sense of irony. 

• Like 1

Black Panther and Wonder Woman making so much money while getting critical acclaim have put an end to the pandering to stupifying bigotry. The Roseanne reboot wasn't hate filled, it was basically the prior show.

Donald Trump can't really raise money in America, he needs rogue foreigners to help him cheat the system. His behavior is bad business. And Roseanne's Twitter behavior is the same as Trump's.

Once again Hillary was right when she said "delete your account".

Hmmm, maybe everything happening is somebody's genius strategy to evolve America, by exposing then eliminating all its (not so) latent rottenness.

4 minutes ago, R2D2 said:

Black Panther and Wonder Woman making so much money while getting critical acclaim have put an end to the pandering to stupifying bigotry. The Roseanne reboot wasn't hate filled, it was basically the prior show.

Donald Trump can't really raise money in America, he needs rogue foreigners to help him cheat the system. His behavior is bad business. And Roseanne's Twitter behavior is the same as Trump's.

Once again Hillary was right when she said "delete your account".

Hmmm, maybe everything happening is somebody's genius strategy to evolve America, by exposing then eliminating all its (not so) latent rottenness.

"Publicity is justly commended as a remedy for social and industrial diseases. Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants; electric light the most efficient policeman." -  Justice Louis Brandeis 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Roseanne Barr grabbed her crotch and spit while singing the national anthem and is now tweeting racist and anti-Semitic nonsense.

The right is upset with football players kneeling......

But she disrespected the Anthem (and the troops according to the rights logic) while being white, so not quite the same thing. 

1 minute ago, Lagunamadre said:

But she disrespected the Anthem (and the troops according to the rights logic) while being white, so not quite the same thing. 

Imagine Colin Capernick and his big giant afro as he grabs and crotch and spits at the national anthem.  

6 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

They were outraged by her national anthem at the time. Now that she's a Trumpian they're letting that slide. The funny thing is they're the ones she was parodying when she grabbed her crotch and spat. 

7 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

They were outraged by her national anthem at the time. Now that she's a Trumpian they're letting that slide. The funny thing is they're the ones she was parodying when she grabbed her crotch and spat. 

I think she was parodying baseball players since she was singing at a baseball game. 

19 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Imagine Colin Capernick and his big giant afro as he grabs and crotch and spits at the national anthem.  

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

i like the capitalizing of "white america."

Well, he did start the sentence with a capital, check, and America with a capital, check.  So yeah, better grammar than your average ag.  Actually appears that he knows his capital letters better than you do.  👹👹

Edited by TwiceHorn

30 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Roseanne Barr grabbed her crotch and spit while singing the national anthem and is now tweeting racist and anti-Semitic nonsense.

The right is upset with football players kneeling......

Those are some nice mental gymnastics you did there. I am conservative and I am disgusted by just about everything that fat bitch has done. 

• Like 1