Disney+ (Disney's new streaming service)

mdmost

I know what you're thinking, another streaming service to get. But this one seems pretty badass. $6.99 a month or $70 a year. Starts on Nov 12.

Some of the highlights:

Star Wars TV shows and movies- The Mandalorian on day 1, a K2-SO and Cassian Andor prequel series with Alan Tudyk reprising the role in 2021, and all Star Wars movies within the first year

Marvel- not sure on movies other than Endgame within the first year. TV shows like Falcon and The Winter Soldier with Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan, Wanda and Vision with Elizabeth Olson and Paul Bettany, and an animated show based on the What If? comics which were a favorite of mine growing up. Alternate realities where something goes different than normal like What If Loki Wielded Thor's Hammer? The first episode is supposed to be What If Peggy Carter got the Super Serum and What If Steve Rogers became Iron Man? Feige said some of the actors will do the voices for the animated versions of themselves. 

Pixar- 18 Pixar movies on Day 1 with the rest in the first year. All Pixar shorts. A new Monster Inc TV series.

Disney animated movies- not sure how many but the image shows 13 including Jungle Book and Aladdin. A new Phineas & Ferb movie. 

Disney movies- a ton of live action movies including a new Lady & the Tramp (think Favreau's Lion King)

Other cool things, National Geographic series and movies like Free Solo and The World According to Jeff Goldblum. 

All 30 seasons of the Simpsons. 

D36QnD0U4AA4Bco.jpg:large

D35-wGLUEAAjFDU.jpg:large

Screen%20Shot%202019-04-11%20at%204_54_3

D36UxM1WAAAKBvu.jpg

Edited by mdmost

$6.99 is the introductory price so they get a ton of favorable headlines. Guarantee it will be $9.99 after a year and then $12.99 a year after that.

Still a pretty decent deal. I assume that most people with young kids like myself already own a large library of Disney/Pixar movies though. I'll be interested to see how much content they add on top of that (especially kids TV).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tokamak said:

$6.99 is the introductory price so they get a ton of favorable headlines. Guarantee it will be $9.99 after a year and then $12.99 a year after that.

Still a pretty decent deal. I assume that most people with young kids like myself already own a large library of Disney/Pixar movies though. I'll be interested to see how much content they add on top of that (especially kids TV).

The play will be the original content riffing off the feature length tentpole. e.g. Monsters Inc. 30 minute episode series OP talked about. Cars did it with Mater Tale Tales, Kung Fu Panda has done a good job of it, Trolls has killed it with their series, Home (Pixar I think?) did it on Netflix, Boss Baby did it, and I remember Peabody and Sherman doing it after their movie (a very awesome and underrated movie, btw, whose 30 minute series vehicle didn't do it justice and was disappointing).

Edited by Rougarou

See, people always throw out that line but I'd much rather pay a flat $8-10 for Disney and access what I'd like to see versus a movie channel or stations where I'm at the mercy of what they want to show me or I have to tell a device to record something for me that I probably won't get around to watch. Plus I can cut out shitty providers like DirecTV and cable companies. I'm good with that. I watch a lot less TV now because of streaming services and when I do watch something, it's something I'm enjoying checking out versus just aimless flipping. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/12/2019 at 10:52 AM, mdmost said:

See, people always throw out that line but I'd much rather pay a flat $8-10 for Disney and access what I'd like to see versus a movie channel or stations where I'm at the mercy of what they want to show me or I have to tell a device to record something for me that I probably won't get around to watch. Plus I can cut out shitty providers like DirecTV and cable companies. I'm good with that. I watch a lot less TV now because of streaming services and when I do watch something, it's something I'm enjoying checking out versus just aimless flipping. 

I agree and with my kids now being older I won't have to buy this. 

• 3 months later...

The prequels were shit but I really liked him as Obiwan. If they did some type of reluctant samurai in the desert of Tatooine., it could work. I mean I rather like the idea he quietly lives with his failure out in the desert for 20 years waiting for Luke to come of age but with the right situations, this could be great. 

This was long rumored as one of the Anthology movies like Solo but since that one underperformed, this and a Boba Fett movie were scrapped. Boba Fett became The Mandalorian. 

Edited by mdmost

15 hours ago, mdmost said:

The prequels were shit but I really liked him as Obiwan. If they did some type of reluctant samurai in the desert of Tatooine., it could work. I mean I rather like the idea he quietly lives with his failure out in the desert for 20 years waiting for Luke to come of age but with the right situations, this could be great. 

This was long rumored as one of the Anthology movies like Solo but since that one underperformed, this and a Boba Fett movie were scrapped. Boba Fett became The Mandalorian. 

I'd also like to see a Vader series where he's doing Rogue One style rabid dog Vader shit.

Since dingleberries can't use the search function:

If you join D23.com , the Disney club online you can pre-purchase a 3-year subscription to Disney+ at a discount of $23/year. You can join the free “General” tier of D23 and you can redeem the offer after that.

Subscribing to Disney+ was a forgone conclusion in our household so this is a chance to save a few bucks on it.

http://d23.com/disney-plus-exclusive-offer/

• 2 weeks later...

https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/lucasfilm-reportedly-developing-mara-jade-tv-show-disney/?fbclid=IwAR2ZVhzw4FH2vBSSYD5T23TdgiBYll9V6wiGKLVSmyV2XiruBi-jVkTTb7Y

HOME / TV

Lucasfilm Reportedly Developing Mara Jade TV Show For Disney Plus

The Star Wars Sequel Trilogy has already given us a drastically different post-Return of the Jedi world from the one seen in the Expanded Universe fiction, which we now call Star Wars Legends. However, many fans are still hoping that some of their favorite non-canonical characters could one day show up on the big screen, and it seems that Lucasfilm has heard their pleas, as not for the first time, we’re being told that none other than Mara Jade might be seen in live-action soon.

Those familiar with the Expanded Universe will obviously know Mara as Luke Skywalker’s Force-using wife in the alternate continuity, While she was once brainwashed by Emperor Palpatine and became his right-hand woman, Luke ultimately freed her and the two eventually got married, going on to have children and training the next generation of Jedi.

Of course, Lucasfilm wouldn’t be able to stick too closely to this given what’s transpired in the films so far, but a few changes here and there to Mara’s story would be alright. After all, at this point, fans would just be happy to finally see her in live-action.

Apparently, the plan is to give her her own Disney Plus series, and while this report has yet to be confirmed by the studio, like we said above, it’s far from the first time that we’re hearing Lucasfilm has plans for Mara Jade. In fact, a few months back, WGTC brought you the news that Emily Blunt might be playing the role. At the time, we heard Mara was likely to debut in a movie, but it seems as if things may’ve changed.

Either way, we’re pretty certain at this point that Mara Jade is on her way to the world of live-action Star Wars – be it via a film or a Disney Plus show – and as soon as we hear more, we’ll be sure to let you know.

Source: Cosmic Book News