Disney+ (Disney's new streaming service)

mdmost

2 minutes ago, FunkSoulBrother said:

Just upgraded my Disney+ membership to the Disney+ Trio premium bundle where I have Disney+(no ads), Hulu(no ads) and ESPN+(with ads). I was wondering though, now that I have ESPN+ wouldn't I have access to their articles on the site as well? It's telling me I had to pay $9.99 to access. Thanks.

I'm reading with Bob Chapek being axed and activist investors at the gates, Disney+ will combine with Hulu

7 hours ago, MeerkatBong said:

I'm reading with Bob Chapek being axed and activist investors at the gates, Disney+ will combine with Hulu

Disney would love to do that but they owe Comcast something like 30 billion dollars for their stake that vests in 2 years.  If they combine it will cost Disney a lot more to buy it out.  Maybe in two years they combine.

27 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

Disney would love to do that but they owe Comcast something like 30 billion dollars for their stake that vests in 2 years.  If they combine it will cost Disney a lot more to buy it out.  Maybe in two years they combine.

Plus Hulu is still the outlet for Disney/Fox/ABC/etc. to put their edgier stuff (Marvel movies aside).  I'm sure they'd love to combine the two and charge more, but at the same time they can't have a bunch of parents losing their shit over a lot of the Hulu stuff (the Deadpool movies are a trial run).

• Hook 'Em 1

Plus Hulu is still the outlet for Disney/Fox/ABC/etc. to put their edgier stuff (Marvel movies aside).  I'm sure they'd love to combine the two and charge more, but at the same time they can't have a bunch of parents losing their shit over a lot of the Hulu stuff (the Deadpool movies are a trial run).

If I’m not mistaken, don’t they have this figured out already in foreign markets? I think there’s an optional parental passcode required for adult stuff that already on D+ in other countries.

On 11/21/2022 at 12:09 PM, FunkSoulBrother said:

Just upgraded my Disney+ membership to the Disney+ Trio premium bundle where I have Disney+(no ads), Hulu(no ads) and ESPN+(with ads). I was wondering though, now that I have ESPN+ wouldn't I have access to their articles on the site as well? It's telling me I had to pay $9.99 to access. Thanks.

You should, as it’s all part of ESPN+. It sometimes asks me to login again for accessing articles, and can be a bit confusing to find the login option when it sends to “subscribe now” instead.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...

did a quick binge of the  4 episodes that are currenty out.

its not bad.. imma stay the course.. im intrigued how it turns out ( riley from the movies just made a guest appearance )

zeta jones is a short hair blonde villain  :)  her bodyguard is a red head bad ass fighter

the main young female lead ( checks stats... 23yrs old) is a lil baddie.  

she got some scenes where its tough to hide the 'behind' goods

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKeq1hfu1Hrr5HxTIeclrERY7n3dDbxqnJYb4c4dg6mF9JwjPx

National Treasure's Lisette Olivera on working with Catherine Zeta-Jones  and her greatest treasure | HELLO!

Lisette Olivera - Age, Wiki, Biography, Trivia, and Photos - FilmiFeed

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, mdmost said:

The Indiana Jones movies and Young Indiana Jones TV show will be coming to Disney+ on May 31st. Very interesting since these were on Paramount+ before, I believe. Not sure why the rights fell to Disney. 

Maybe the same reason there is the Indiana Jones Stunt exhibit thing at Disney World Hollywood Studios?

The Indiana Jones movies and Young Indiana Jones TV show will be coming to Disney+ on May 31st. Very interesting since these were on Paramount+ before, I believe. Not sure why the rights fell to Disney. 

Paramount needs money.  Disney has money.

Very happy, as while I had Paramount+, it's not something I keep around all year-round (although lately it's been improving).

And this gives me a chance to get my son caught up with the Indy movies.

Very interesting since these were on Paramount+ before, I believe. Not sure why the rights fell to Disney. 

Disney got the rights in 2012 via Lucasfilms acquisition; the first 4 films remained under control of Paramount, while Disney got future movie rights, in a 2013 deal. Paramount was leasing them to Netflix and others before they moved them onto Paramount+

Either that deal expired or, as noted above, Disney finally ponied up for full control of the first 4 films to coincide with the new one and the tv show, or Paramount dropped their price bc they need the money 

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Just finished A Small Light, the Anne Frank story told from the perspective of one of the people who helped hide them for two years. Really an excellent eight episode series.  Kind of depressing, but very well done.

Been meaning to watch this with the family. Will start that next weem

So, this tmshould probably go into one of the Star Wars threads, but I've recently started a rewatch of The Clone Wars. There are a bunch of lists out there about essential episodes I've found, but not any for those who want to watch like 90 percent of the show and only skip the episodes that are clearly filler and have no bearing on the overall plot or character development. So I've been taking notes on episodes that are mostly worthless and a few that could go either way. 

55 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

So, this tmshould probably go into one of the Star Wars threads, but I've recently started a rewatch of The Clone Wars. There are a bunch of lists out there about essential episodes I've found, but not any for those who want to watch like 90 percent of the show and only skip the episodes that are clearly filler and have no bearing on the overall plot or character development. So I've been taking notes on episodes that are mostly worthless and a few that could go either way. 

Any Padme or droid beginning is usually a good hint. 

4 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I just listened. What the hell is that?! 

Awkwafina is pretty talented. Nora from Queens is a really funny show. But yeah she’s probably should have passed on rapping in the Little Mermaid. 

You trippin, Under the Sea was overrated! This shit is straight fire, Thanks Disney!

Edited by MagicSoccerSpray

• 2 months later...

Price of the brick going up.  Again.  Price will have doubled since launch. I'd bet this, coupled with Iger's statements calling for less Marvel and Star Wars content, results in less annual subs and more "Imma only sub for a month and binge."

https://variety.com/2023/digital/news/disney-plus-price-increase-hulu-espn-plus-1235692057/

1.jpg

Edited by Dutch

Price of the brick going up.  Again.  Price will have doubled since launch. I'd bet this, coupled with Iger's statements calling for less Marvel and Star Wars content, results in less annual subs and more "Imma only sub for a month and binge."

I’m finding less and less worth binging on D+. Haven’t watched a Marvel series since Wanda. If I have, it was so forgettable, I can’t remember it. I’m barely in for Star Wars content. I’m keeping it for Andor.
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, mdmost said:

Trio Premium seems like the way to go then. 

OMG. 

I’ve had this bundle since it was first offered. 

And then yesterday everything got totally fucked when I tried to add live TV because my Hulu was being billed through Apple. 

Have been on multiple calls with all 3 providers (not ESPN) FI hours over the last two days. 

total shit show. About ready to drop it all. 

Edited by DDD Dad

27 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Considering how much usage I get out of Hulu all year round and ESPN+ during the fall and spring, yep

I bet Hulu gets the most usage of all 3 from us. Disney+ did before but now we're all mostly watching Hulu shows like It's Always Sunny, Abbott Elementary, and Only Murders in the Building. 

26 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I bet Hulu gets the most usage of all 3 from us. Disney+ did before but now we're all mostly watching Hulu shows like It's Always Sunny, Abbott Elementary, and Only Murders in the Building. 

Y'all had best be watching "What We Do in the Shadows" and "Reservation Dogs", too.

2 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

OMG. 

I’ve had this bundle since it was first offered. 

And then yesterday everything got totally fucked when I tried to add live TV because my Hulu was being billed through Apple. 

Have been on multiple calls with all 3 providers (not ESPN) FI hours over the last two days. 

total shit show. About ready to drop it all. 

You should have stayed with DirecTV and gotten the discounts that were suggested.

11 hours ago, mdmost said:

My youngest has outgrown D+. I can't remember the last time she watched it.  She mainly watches the tween live action shows on Netflix or wherever Nick is located (Peacock?).  My oldest watches zero TV shows. She may watch a movie twice a month.  My wife and I don't watch that much TV, maybe 1-2 shows a month, but we are pretty evenly split between Apple TV and HBO Max.  Maybe every 5th show, there will be one from a difference streaming service.

35 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

My youngest has outgrown D+. I can't remember the last time she watched it.  She mainly watches the tween live action shows on Netflix or wherever Nick is located (Peacock?).  My oldest watches zero TV shows. She may watch a movie twice a month.  My wife and I don't watch that much TV, maybe 1-2 shows a month, but we are pretty evenly split between Apple TV and HBO Max.  Maybe every 5th show, there will be one from a difference streaming service.

TBH the only shows on Disney + I care about are Andor and Mandalorian. Probably could drop and wait for them to return. 

• 1 month later...

We watched the new Haunted Mansion with Rosario Dawson and Owen Wilson at the kids' request last night. I had extremely low expectations but it was a solid family movie.  The Eddie Murphy version from 20 years ago was complete garbage, but this new one was fun.  Not a bad choice if you're trying to find something new for the kids on movie night.

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, fuggled said:

We watched the new Haunted Mansion with Rosario Dawson and Owen Wilson at the kids' request last night. I had extremely low expectations but it was a solid family movie.  The Eddie Murphy version from 20 years ago was complete garbage, but this new one was fun.  Not a bad choice if you're trying to find something new for the kids on movie night.

I liked it as well

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, fuggled said:

Age range?  Would a 7 or 10 year-old be okay with it?  

12 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Age range?  Would a 7 or 10 year-old be okay with it?  

11 and 8 (almost 9) yo really enjoyed.  8 yo was a little scared at times but nothing bad and didn’t give him nightmares. 

good rec by the others up thread. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 4 weeks later...

Disney, please stop making rides into movies.

Is the Haunted Mansion a scary ghost movie or a fun Halloween movie? The 2023 film really wasn’t either. Haddish, DeVito, and Owen Wilson are terrific comedic actors and I didn’t laugh once.

Hollywood really struggles with the genre. I’m sure Iger would kill for another Hocus Pocus, but even then, the theatrical release was a failure. 

P.S. if you’re going with the PG-13 rating, please give us some Rosario Dawson cleavage. They kept those warlocks locked up tighter the the ghosts.