Political Poker Hand: Bluff Called, Hypocrisy Folded

Kyle

This is a win-win decision. Can someone snowsplain why anyone should oppose this? The best outcome for everyone should be to send people to areas where they are most wanted and will have access to the most services. Why could anyone genuinely think this is a bad idea? The only thing I can think of:

1. The pandering continues to be hypocritical - it's one thing to say you believe something when it is free, another thing to pay for it

2. The goal really is to get more voters into red, Southern states, and shipping to California does little good

WASHINGTON – The revelation late Thursday that the White House tried multiple times to pressure immigration authorities into releasing migrants on the streets of sanctuary cities did not go over well with Democrats, who denounced the Trump administration as cruel. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/04/11/democrats-white-house-release-migrants-sanctuary-cities/3443705002/?fbclid=IwAR2Ss4RSt_oAhn53-1lfbNilmlLHshgJqGsAE7OXDCn5MIZkOD-vHfY2Hc4

This is why I do not get some Left "logic" - Sanctuary Cities are designed to support illegal immigrants, but moving them there is cruel? File this under "You Cannot Make This Stuff Up."

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 6

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

There's so much wrong with your post that it would take at least an hour to break it all down, and you wouldn't understand it anyway.

Just put on your helmet and go play outside.

Try me Einstein.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 4

2 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

No. The truth is out there and easily confirmed if you seriously seek it. It is not anyone else's job to educate your ignorant ass. 

Translation: I am too stupid to formulate an argument.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 6

Ironic that none of you guys can form a basic argument. I mean I could care less if a bunch of people on the Internet anonymously call me names - is just underscores your ignorance. No wonder so many fall for fake news. The reason smart people don't take you seriously is because you're all emotion and no intellect. You waste your time calling me names but literally cannot refute a single point. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 6

1 minute ago, SubliminalHorn said:

^^^exhibit A 

just bottles the mind 

Agreed. I try not to call people names, but if I call someone stupid, I make sure I'm smarter. You should try it. I mean it's not hard - but again you probably believe in Russians hacking paper ballots.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 6

Just now, JimmyJames said:

Hey but at least onboard liked your stupid ass post. So you got that going for you, which is nice. 

So what's stupid about it. Just given me a rational argument about why illegal immigrants should not be dropped off in the most supportive cities instead of in detention centers? Hint: your racism is showing.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 4

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

This is a win-win decision. Can someone snowsplain why anyone should oppose this? The best outcome for everyone should be to send people to areas where they are most wanted and will have access to the most services. Why could anyone genuinely think this is a bad idea? The only thing I can think of:

1. The pandering continues to be hypocritical - it's one thing to say you believe something when it is free, another thing to pay for it

2. The goal really is to get more voters into red, Southern states, and shipping to California does little good

WASHINGTON – The revelation late Thursday that the White House tried multiple times to pressure immigration authorities into releasing migrants on the streets of sanctuary cities did not go over well with Democrats, who denounced the Trump administration as cruel. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/04/11/democrats-white-house-release-migrants-sanctuary-cities/3443705002/?fbclid=IwAR2Ss4RSt_oAhn53-1lfbNilmlLHshgJqGsAE7OXDCn5MIZkOD-vHfY2Hc4

This is why I do not get some Left "logic" - Sanctuary Cities are designed to support illegal immigrants, but moving them there is cruel? File this under "You Cannot Make This Stuff Up."

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

Hey but at least onboard liked your stupid ass post. So you got that going for you, which is nice. 

That seems to be worth more than the collective IQ of the chimps throwing shit on this thread.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 5

7 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Ironic that none of you guys can form a basic argument. I mean I could care less if a bunch of people on the Internet anonymously call me names - is just underscores your ignorance. No wonder so many fall for fake news. The reason smart people don't take you seriously is because you're all emotion and no intellect. You waste your time calling me names but literally cannot refute a single point. 

You're like a guy who walks into a mathematics conference yelling, "Two plus two equals five!"  And when they all shake their heads with that bless-his-heart look on their faces, you yell, "See, none of you can prove me wrong!  Buncha idiots who think they're so smart."

The nicest way I can say this is that you're out of your depth.  No one is going to waste an hour trying to explain calculus to a guy who sincerely believes that two plus two equals five.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kyle said:

There is no point in us trying to formulate an argument.  First because you wouldn’t understand it or even care, second because your post is so breathtakingly stupid, it fails on its own without a counter argument.

• Like 1

Just now, TexArcher said:

You're like a guy who walks into a mathematics conference yelling, "Two plus two equals five!"  And when they all shake their heads with that bless-his-heart look on their faces, you yell, "See, none of you can prove me wrong!  Buncha idiots who think they're so smart."

The nicest way I can say this is that you're out of your depth.  No one is going to waste an hour trying to explain calculus to a guy who sincerely believes that two plus two equals five.

So basically my argument is correct, and since you cannot refute it you're just going to tell me you're too busy to refute. I mean, you don't have much going for you but throwing shit at strangers online, so you're clearly at Augusta or doing anything else worthwhile. Take a shot. Show me how smart you are.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 7

2 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

There is no point in us trying to formulate an argument.  First because you wouldn’t understand it or even care, second because your post is so breathtakingly stupid, it fails on its own without a counter argument.

What does it say about you that you cannot formulate it?

• Fuck You 4

1 minute ago, SubliminalHorn said:

The answers have been provided in multiple ways. Shit, the minute I turned on NPR this morning in my car it talked about it and said exactly why people are against the proposed idea. 

Seek and ye shall find, said the wise man. Now, go, trumpkin, and find your answer. 

Didn't catch NPR this am, what was the gist of the reasons why they didn't want the new immigrants in sanctuary cities ?

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Kyle said:

So basically my argument is correct, and since you cannot refute it you're just going to tell me you're too busy to refute. I mean, you don't have much going for you but throwing shit at strangers online, so you're clearly at Augusta or doing anything else worthwhile. Take a shot. Show me how smart you are.

Bless your heart...

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

Didn't catch NPR this am, what was the gist of the reasons why they didn't want the new immigrants in sanctuary cities ?

They discussed how stupid the OPs post on surly horns was in depth. Didn’t mention you though. Sorry. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

This guy isn’t Swam is he? 

I will not take that bet.  The logic is the same. The total adoption of some right wing wingnut talking points, followed by a demand to prove him wrong is all there.

"Hillary used banned pesticides in her private estates that caused bumble bees to die, which led to the rapid increase in autism we see today.  It's why they want unbridled immigration - they need more Mexicans because they die with the bees.   Prove me wrong.  The reason smart people don't take you seriously is because you're all emotion and no intellect. You waste your time calling me names but literally cannot refute a single point.  "

• Like 1

I realize none of us are winners since we're spending time on a message board with a bunch of other losers, but seriously - what kind of low self-esteem to you have to have to waste time just calling other people names while not being smart enough to fathom a basic, logical argument? I mean, you guys seriously need to get laid or a raise so you can afford some hobbies.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 4

5 minutes ago, Kyle said:

So basically my argument is correct

You weren't making an argument. You were going off on some random tangent that has nothing to do with the real world, asserting it as fact, and attempted to shift the burden of proof onto those who cannot be paid enough to believe a single syllable that you type. You are a walking, breathing example of the Dunning Kruger effect. You posted something incredibly incoherent, assumed it to be gospel truth and threw stones from your glass house. That's the trademark of a fool.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

I will not take that bet.  The logic is the same. The total adoption of some right wing wingnut talking points, followed by a demand to prove him wrong is all there.

"Hillary used banned pesticides in her private estates that caused bumble bees to die, which led to the rapid increase in autism we see today.  It's why they want unbridled immigration - they need more Mexicans because they die with the bees.   Prove me wrong.  The reason smart people don't take you seriously is because you're all emotion and no intellect. You waste your time calling me names but literally cannot refute a single point.  "

It did remind me of the guy, which is why I asked. Started a completely stupid self ownage thread that’s actually a little humorous when coupled with his responses. 

Lets see if he denies it. 

I realize none of us are winners since we're spending time on a message board with a bunch of other losers, but seriously - what kind of low self-esteem to you have to have to waste time just calling other people names while not being smart enough to fathom a basic, logical argument? I mean, you guys seriously need to get laid or a raise so you can afford some hobbies.
Post stupid threads, win stupid prizes.

Cheap shots aside, Kyle, there is a frivolous tendency here to dismiss others with childish and crude insults rather than intelligent, well-formed arguments.  I also sense a subtle call for help in your post.  As if you wanted to get something off of your chest.  Like Donald Trump's cum.  Like you want to get Donald Trump's cum off of your chest.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

The fact that human beings are being used as political pawns in a game that piece of shit in the White House is playing. But I’m sure you were already aware of that argument. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

This guy isn’t Swam is he? 

No I think it’s raganarok but don’t remember what its handle was on shaggy. Rags got -100 banned like the little bitch he is so fitting that Kyle is on that same trajectory...

See, if you hadn't detained them in the first place (using the slipshod planning, disdain for basic human decency and embarrassing lack of organization that has become a hallmark of this inept administration), you wouldn't even have to have the discussion about where to "release" them. 

The entire mass detention policy has been a political gimmick since day one, clumsily executed, and now as they do whenever they hold a 2-7 off suit, the administration stupidly doubles down. 

The reason for these leaks is because the leader is comically ignorant, and some people in the room feel a responsibility to tell someone, anyone, stories like this, which likely start with "You're not going to believe this shit..."

And before the inevitable DURRR you libs want open borders!!11!1! response. No. I can't speak for everyone here, but I do not. In fact, I've never seen a single person anywhere advocate for that. The notion is utterly absurd. 

It's simply that ignorant people are incapable of nuanced thought, so everything must be black, or white. If you're not for this thing, you must be for this other thing. Quite frankly, it's the level of critical thinking you'd most commonly see in a five year old. 

Edited by TornACL
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, SubliminalHorn said:

The fact that human beings are being used as political pawns in a game that piece of shit in the White House is playing. But I’m sure you were already aware of that argument. 

The entire pro-illegal immigration position is exactly that: using human beings as political pawns. 

I am seeking to understand. If one if for illegal immigration, why not place the illegal immigrants in cities that are more supportive of illegal immigration? If I was an illegal immigrant, I would prefer to go to a place where I would not worry about being detained and receive the maximum benefits. Yet, some have problems with that. I am an trying to understand why. No one seems to know why anyone would be against it other than the tribal talking points. It just seems really odd that anyone would oppose this, but I guess that's the whole basis for being a limousine liberal - all for illegal immigration as long as I don't have to be around the brown people.

But please, keep making this thread about me. I'm flattered, but ad homs and straw men make me roll my eyes but not like I lose sleep over some online nutjob calling me a name.  I'm totally open to being wrong, but none of the posters so far seem to really be able to formluate a rational position, just tribal silliness. I'm just surprised it's so hard to make a counter-argument. Everyone seems so convinced I'm [insert whatever ad hom you want] yet no one seems to be able to support that assertion. That's what was IMHO genius about the move - it totally exposed the racism and hypocrisy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 6

You’re conflating illegal immigration, which I have not seen anyone arguing for more illegal immigration, with asylum seekers. Two different things. 

Asylum seekers are by very definition, not illegal immigrants. But again, you and the other trumpkins know all this already. Not sure why I’m wasting my time. Guess I’m trying to kill time before the game. 

46 minutes ago, TornACL said:

See, if you hadn't detained them in the first place (using the slipshod planning, disdain for basic human decency and embarrassing lack of organization that has become a hallmark of this inept administration), you wouldn't even have to have the discussion about where to "release" them. 

The entire mass detention policy has been a political gimmick since day one, clumsily executed, and now as they do whenever they hold a 2-7 off suit, the administration stupidly doubles down. 

The reason for these leaks is because the leader is comically ignorant, and some people in the room feel a responsibility to tell someone, anyone, stories like this, which likely start with "You're not going to believe this shit..."

And before the inevitable DURRR you libs want open borders!!11!1! response. No. I can't speak for everyone here, but I do not. In fact, I've never seen a single person anywhere advocate for that. The notion is utterly absurd. 

It's simply that ignorant people are incapable of nuanced thought, so everything must be black, or white. If you're not for this thing, you must be for this other thing. Quite frankly, it's the level of critical thinking you'd most commonly see in a five year old. 

Okay, fair enough. But what would be your alternative proposal to deal with the issue. I'm genuinely not connecting the dots between what I perceive to be your opposition of detaining illegal immigrants but also opposition to open borders. It is a genuine challenge because the nation must: 1) not let them in at all; 2) let them in and detain; 3) just let them in and not detain. Right? Maybe there is a better alternative than those, but I do not know what it is. To me, if you're going to let them in, why not take them to places that are supportive and have robust social services to care for them. That is much more decent and humane than the alternative, right?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 3