What We Do In The Shadows (Show)

dogbreath

• 2 weeks later...

Hell yeah. "Baron's Night Out" was my absolute favorite episode until "Jackie Daytona" came along. It's hard to pick a favorite, but definitely my top 5 are: Jackie Daytona, Baron's Night Out, The Orgy, Colin's Promotion and maybe either Immigration (Dream Team, baby!) or the one with Haley Joel Osment (Dos Apples!!!!).

Oh yeah - speaking of Baron - I think about the 5th time I watched that episode I noticed that Baron's eyes "lit up" right as they were throwing dirt on him in his grave. Hope that means he comes back, lol.  ("I mean... can he even die...?")

• Hook 'Em 2

Sepinwall on S3.  If it's as funny as the first two paragraphs make it out to be we are going to be extremely satisfied.

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-features/what-we-do-shadows-season-3-behind-scenes-1213105/amp/

Interview With the Vampires: Inside the Making of ‘What We Do in the Shadows’ Season 3

On a dark Toronto night in the middle of a bleak pandemic winter, the cast and crew of What We Do in the Shadows are cracking themselves up with poop jokes. In the scene being filmed, the four lead vampires of the FX mockumentary series — bickering lovers Laszlo (Matt Berry) and Nadja (Natasia Demetriou), ancient warrior Nandor (Kayvan Novak), and superhumanly boring “energy vampire” Colin Robinson (Mark Proksch) — are debating what to do with Nandor’s human familiar, Guillermo (Harvey Guillén), who recently outed himself as a vampire hunter. Guillermo is being kept in a cage in the basement of the group’s Staten Island home, and Colin Robinson has been obsessively studying the contents of Guillermo’s toilet bucket.

The actors traditionally stick to the script for the first few takes before they’re unleashed to improvise — a power even more potent than their vampire alter egos’ gifts of flight or hypnosis. On the spot, Novak has Nandor tell Colin Robinson, “You’ve been sliding to his BMs,” and any pretense of staying in character is gone. As his colleagues try to control their breathing, Novak realizes he got the phrasing wrong: “It should be ‘sliding into his BMs,’ ” he acknowledges, to even more laughter. After a few minutes, everyone remains composed enough to film several takes with the new joke.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

And what makes viewers howl is often only a fraction of what could. Guillén and Novak bust up while recalling an unbroken, largely improvised 22-minute take from the first season where the five characters keep missing each other as they move from room to room through the house; maybe eight seconds made it to air. Shadowsshowrunner Paul Simms suggests that when he and editor-director Yana Gorskaya first start looking at raw footage, “There are so many good options, we could release a second version of each episode that has the exact same story and entirely different dialogue.”

Need It Give Me GIF by Awkward Daytime TV

• Hook 'Em 3

18 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

I watched the first two seasons over the last couple weeks*.  Looking forward to Season 3.

*C-Man's name and avatar were lost on me until this past week.

Well I hope you can appreciate the avatar of oSuJesh... Yesh... Jesk... :D 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The wife and I have been re-watching our favorite episodes in anticipation of Season 3... we re-watched "Baron's Night Out" last night. Holy shit. I almost always forget about this exchange until I re-watch, it's SO fucking good:

BARON: You know what I've always wanted to try?

LASZLO: Coprophila?

BARON: Pizza Pie! Is it as good as they say? (turns to Laszlo) ... Coprophilia?!?!

And then the end when they all get home acting like drunk/stoned assholes is just incredible. 

1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

The wife and I have been re-watching our favorite episodes in anticipation of Season 3... we re-watched "Baron's Night Out" last night. Holy shit. I almost always forget about this exchange until I re-watch, it's SO fucking good:

BARON: Pizza Pie! Is it as good as they say? (turns to Laszlo) ... Coprophilia?!?!

And then the end when they all get home acting like drunk/stoned assholes is just incredible. 

Is this the same episode as "We drank some blood. Those guys were on drugs. Now I'm a wizard!"? Because that shit was hilarious.

• Haha 1

On 8/30/2021 at 4:02 PM, Jerry Callo said:

I watched the first two seasons over the last couple weeks*.  Looking forward to Season 3.

*C-Man's name and avatar were lost on me until this past week.

Yeah, the minute Colin called himself C-Man among other nicknames, I knew what had to be done.

14 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

That scene is so fucking funny.  (Also, I just finished this week's Reservation Dogs on HULU and it rolled right into the Jeff/Carnival WWDITS episode where I'd turned it off last time.)

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Too funny.