Underrated or ignored albums you think are incredible

pepper brooks

Have some +rep for Whip-Smart.  Pulled that record out from the blue the other day and it holds up quite well.  As does Liz, physically speaking.

Fuck Pat Green from a few posts above.  He's a selfish piece of shit who should go away forever and take all the fucking Tahoe stickers with him.  

The first, and in my opinion best, Spoon album:

maxresdefault.jpg

This is the best album from the British Blues movement of the 1960s and the high point of Eric Clapton’s career:

0003412969.jpg

Maybe not an underrated album, as fans of British Blues all generally regard it highly.  But it’s not as widely known as the work of other bands from that scene (the Stones, Led Zep, Cream, The Yardbirds, etc.)

On 4/18/2019 at 3:20 PM, pepper brooks said:

For me, Rolling Stones voodoo lounge. Seems this album is pretty much ignored, it is criminally underrated and frankly my favorite album cover to cover from them.  

Love this album. Also, Emotional Rescue is a five star album in my opinion. 

On 4/19/2019 at 8:11 AM, hullabelew said:

Billy's_Live_Bait_(Gear_Daddies_album_-_

What a fucking great record.  Great writing, great songs, fantastic engineering.  Reminds me a lot of the Rave Ups -- really smart writing with a wry sense of humor, and another band that wrote great alt country before there was such a thing as alt country.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Paul Wesley said:

What a fucking great record.  Great writing, great songs, fantastic engineering.  Reminds me a lot of the Rave Ups -- really smart writing with a wry sense of humor, and another band that wrote great alt country before there was such a thing as alt country.  

Yep.  That band was criminally underrated.  And, on a personal note, the more I have listen to your record, the more it sounds like that Del Amitri record.  

On 4/19/2019 at 11:27 PM, BBQ2Bayou said:

220px-Tom_Waits_-_Closing_Time.jpg

Good lord, I love this record.  Also, his Nighthawks At The Diner is my very favorite live record of all time.   One thing I have always loved about Waits is the musicians he uses.  On almost every one of my favorite records, there is some musicians (not including normal band members) I have heard of before.  Not with Tom.  

Edited by hullabelew

On 4/19/2019 at 8:11 AM, hullabelew said:

Del_Amitri_-_Waking_Hours_Album_Cover.jp

Great Entry - thought "Stone Cold Sober" was a great song.....

On 4/20/2019 at 7:51 AM, GhostOfTomJoad said:

41FxoRILhhL._SY355_.jpg

Another great entry - bought this CD in college basically on the strength of David + David's "Welcome to the Boomtown" and certainly played the heck out of this CD as well. Need to dig it up and listen again. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, UTCzech III said:

51Jk6c4e-YL._SX355_.jpg

Their first album after Mark Olson left, it's more pop/rock than country, but I don't think there's a bad song on it, easily in my top 20 all-time favorite albums.

this is a great one.  i prefer smile, but i do love this record.

2 hours ago, I Got Worms said:

Soul Asylum - Hangtime (or any Soul Asylum record before Grave Dancers Union)

I'll go with Hang Time for sure.  It's definitely one of my desert island discs.  First time I saw them was on that tour, at CBGB.  It was my first time at that club, too.  I parked myself up at the stage and had my face melted.  It was damn near religious. I still say at their peak they were as good a live band as I've ever seen.

• Like 1