Europa League

MoJames

2 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

All England finals in Europe. Wow. Who could have seen this coming in August?

i didn't expect it.  but, England had some good vibes coming out of that World Cup semi-finals appearance.  it's been a helluva 12 months for football fans in England.

All jokes aside, glad to not see Atletico and Barcelona in the final. Real Madrid having a bad season made me cheer hard against those two. Don't know how you guys cheer for your rivals, it ain't for me.

Glad that United is not involved in any of this. I hate that team thE most in the EPL. 

Edited by JNip

So if Chelsea beat Arsenal in the final, what happens to that UCL qualifying spot?  Chelsea are already in the UCL next year based on a top 4 EPL finish.  Would the 5th place team get in if Chelsea were to prevail against the Gunners?

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

i didn't expect it.  but, England had some good vibes coming out of that World Cup semi-finals appearance.  it's been a helluva 12 months for football fans in England.

doesn't even make sense. EPL is  not doing this on the strength of English players

Edited by naija

What happens if an English team win the Europa League?

Arsenal and Chelsea are both in the Europa League semi-finals and are the two favourites to lift the trophy in Baku. If either of them win the tournament, they will qualify for next season's Champions League group stages.

If the winners finish outside the top four in the Premier League (which is likely for Arsenal), it will mean five English teams will be in the Champions League.

However if they do finish in the top four (as Chelsea have), then England will not get an extra spot. The team who finish third in the fifth-ranked league - France - will go into the Champions League group stages instead of the qualifiers.

There is no Champions League spot for the beaten finalists - so Arsenal will need to win the tournament (unless they finish in the top four).

• Like 2