Your unpopular food opinions

Parliament

2 hours ago, Hate said:

Beer is overrated. I might drink a six pack a year. I might have a beer when I eat Mexican food, but that’s about it. I never even get beer at sporting events.

I won’t say it’s overrated but like you, I can hardly finish a 6-pack in a timely manner.   Drank it like a fish in my teenage/young adult life, can’t stand bourbon, whiskey or scotch but I do love me some tequila or vodka. 

31 minutes ago, Mr.Hovis said:

I feel the same way about sour beer as some of you do about IPA's. Tried a few of them, including Jester King, and they just don't do it for me. Don't care for ciders either, or pretty much any carbonated drink. 

Cider is for topping off a Guinness when it's 100 degrees outside.

Edited by Deej

2 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Agree with Al here. Stouts are much easier to make than IPAs. Because there's so much strong malt flavor, you really have to try to fuck up a stout. Some are definitely better than others, but aside from an infection or getting too cute with some seasonal spice, it's still going to be drinkable.

OTOH, IPAs can go south quickly as there's more nuance involved in balancing humulones and lupulones. But I suppose if you're only goal is to make it bitter af, then, yeah, it's not that difficult.

I suppose that's my point. It must be damn hard to make a good IPA because I haven't tasted one. When I say easy, I mean the guys that just say more hops=IPA. I'm not even saying there isn't an IPA out there I wouldn't like, but I'm not putting in the effort to find it.

Beer is fine. But when I want a beer I want it ice ass cold and light as hell and hammer it in about two seconds after mowing the lawn or something. 

beer is just a waste of time.  you can drink beer all day and not get drunk and what the fuck is the point of that?  I’ll tell you, there is no point.  

True, but beer has its place. Like on a golf course. Drinking 3-4 beers on the back nine doesn't really count as drinking.
  • Like 2

Might as well put my unpopular opinion out there:
I don't like cheese. I don't like the taste, the consistency of it, the smell or how it looks. Mac 'n cheese is disgusting. I've never tried queso because I can't get past the smell. It makes me want to throw up just thinking about the smell of it. I'll never eat a cheeseburger. I'll never eat lasagna. I'll never eat quesadillas and I'm completely ok with that. I'm used to the odd looks and the 'what? how can you not like cheese?' questions I always get. 
American cheese is some of the worst smelling shit ever created. Blue cheese is a close second. 
That's so odd to me. Did your family eat cheese while you were growing up? What about milk, yogurt and sour cream?

48 minutes ago, fuggled said:
7 hours ago, Jograves said:
Might as well put my unpopular opinion out there:
I don't like cheese. I don't like the taste, the consistency of it, the smell or how it looks. Mac 'n cheese is disgusting. I've never tried queso because I can't get past the smell. It makes me want to throw up just thinking about the smell of it. I'll never eat a cheeseburger. I'll never eat lasagna. I'll never eat quesadillas and I'm completely ok with that. I'm used to the odd looks and the 'what? how can you not like cheese?' questions I always get. 
American cheese is some of the worst smelling shit ever created. Blue cheese is a close second. 

That's so odd to me. Did your family eat cheese while you were growing up? What about milk, yogurt and sour cream?

Yes, I come from a normal family and everything. No, my family ate cheese around me. My mom would just make mine without cheese or I'd get a sandwich or leftovers. She forgot last time I was there and made this egg cheese casserole for breakfast. It kind of hurt. 

I'm fine with milk. I don't drink it anymore but it's not gross to me. I like yogurt and ice cream, but sour cream is the same as cheese in my book. Shit is disgusting.

I'm not Asian. Regular old piece of white bread. 

21 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Used to eat a block of Colby on my own back in my skinny days. 

you were free and clear!  you were living the dream!  you were stripped to the waste eating a block of cheese the size of a car battery!

• Like 1

Beer is for plebs. Whiskey is the patrician's choice. Anytime I hear someone say "I need a beer" I automatically know they're low IQ and their opinions go straight into the trash bin.

Edited by TXs
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, Baboontyme said:

When I was a (poor black) child my mom mockingly chased me around the house with a block of cheese. I was terrified. 

Man a block of cold sharp as shit cheddar sounds great right now and I'm not even hungry.

Edited by SimonBolivar

beer is just a waste of time.  you can drink beer all day and not get drunk and what the fuck is the point of that?  I’ll tell you, there is no point.  

You have clearly never enjoyed a slow rolling buzz.

Drinking all day without getting drunk is the EXACT point of beer

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

I will drink the shit out of several $10 bottles of red blends.  Best bang for buck.

My #2 wine is a $10 Chilean Cabernet.  When I'm splurging and living it up I go for the $18 Spanish Cabernet.

The only time I've been truly impressed with an "expensive" wine was on Qatar Airways several years ago.  They kept filling my glass with this stuff and it was incredible.  Must have gone through at least 1.5 bottles.  By the time I got to Doha I was pretty fucked up but decided to look for this wine in duty free.  Yep, $250 a bottle in Duty Free.  I passed.

12 hours ago, futureman said:

Depends on the beer.  For example, I strongly advise against attempting to drink this beer "all day."  Unless of course your goal is to black out early and forget the entire day.

i-rochefort-trappist-10.png

I will say, I did have a quadrupel and a tripel last night in quick succession while watching Weekend at Bernie’s (see trivial things that please you thread). At some point I got up and took s muscle relaxer (no, not the fun kind, one for back spasms) and I guess I crashed hard. I had a dream that some chick I knew a long time ago was trying to send me messages in surly by starting threads. My alarm went off and I couldn’t find my phone to turn it off because it was somewhere in my bed instead of the side table. I don’t think my wife was pleased. I still got to work at 6am. But I digress...

My unpopular food opinion is babaganoush is far superior to hummus.

You have clearly never enjoyed a slow rolling buzz.

Drinking all day without getting drunk is the EXACT point of beer

Drinking without getting drunk?? You might as well drink water. Getting drunk is precisely the reason to drink.
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

When I was a (poor black) child my mom mockingly chased me around the house with a block of cheese. I was terrified. 

I had a mean as a snake babysitter when I was 5 or 6 that forced me to try mac 'n cheese before I could go out and play with the other kids. I threw it up all over her table. She left me alone about it after that. Fucking bitch.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Hate said:

Drinking without getting drunk?? You might as well drink water. Getting drunk is precisely the reason to drink.

When I say "drunk" I mean pretty heavily intoxicated.  I like being buzzed for the duration of a day - but still capable of functioning.  If I just wanted to black out, I'd drink straight vodka cut with just enough of something else to choke it down.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

The only time I've been truly impressed with an "expensive" wine was on Qatar Airways several years ago.  They kept filling my glass with this stuff and it was incredible.  Must have gone through at least 1.5 bottles.  By the time I got to Doha I was pretty fucked up but decided to look for this wine in duty free.  Yep, $250 a bottle in Duty Free.  I passed.

We were launching a new customer portal years back and contracted with a tech company out of CA.  We were in Thousand Oaks and they "insisted" we get a bite to eat.  We roll into Mastros.  I think we went through 6-7 bottles of Stags Leap Artemis ($330/bottle), table full of food, even that obnoxious $500 Seafood Tower.

Next morning was a little rough.  Not too shabby.  Although I think it retails for less than $100.

When I say "drunk" I mean pretty heavily intoxicated.  I like being buzzed for the duration of a day - but still capable of functioning.  If I just wanted to black out, I'd drink straight vodka cut with just enough of something else to choke it down.
Just sober enough to find your car at closing time. I'm with you, Brother.
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Jograves said:

I had a mean as a snake babysitter when I was 5 or 6 that forced me to try mac 'n cheese before I could go out and play with the other kids. I threw it up all over her table. She left me alone about it after that. Fucking bitch.

you’re better for it. 

32 minutes ago, Parliament said:
56 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Just sober enough to find your car at closing time. I'm with you, Brother.

The Midwest way.

1 hour ago, Jograves said:

Did you smash?

1 hour ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

The super over hopped tide has turned and brewers are going back to '90s style IPA.

The juicy/hazy IPAs that are more sweet than bitter have taken over the tongue-raking bitter IPAs from what I've noticed.

Dallas sucks and I stand by statement, most filets are served with sauce be cause they lack flavor due lack of marbling aka they are overrated.