Wine

Hollywood

10 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

So sell me some wine glasses. The first set we got were ok, nothing fancy. But I have been wanting some new wine glasses and with Christmas coming up ...

Zaltos are really nice but beware they are easily broken!  If you are going on a bender just use some Riedels.

Grassls + Zaltos from CJF Selections - http://www.cjfselections.com
15% off code CJF15 - expires 12/15/2020

Edited by milkman
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, milkman said:

Zaltos are really nice but beware they are easily broken!  If you are going on a bender just use some Riedels.

Grassls + Zaltos from CJF Selections - http://www.cjfselections.com
15% off code CJF15 - expires 12/15/2020

Zaltos are great, and really enhance a wine.  They are more resilient than they look.  I have broken one, but only because I mishandled it.  

For everyday, I use Gabriel Glas, which run about $30/stem.

We've gone to using universal stems, because it's just easier than having separate red and white.  The bowls in Zalto and Gariel Glas are big enough for cabs.

As suggested above, Riedels are always good.

Edited by AustinMT
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

Hermitage was singing. The Hirsch was good but not great. Given the vineyard and maker a bit of a disappointment.

About to pop a 2001 Suduiraut.

2001 Suduiraut 👍🏻 ... pretty much any Sauternes from 2001 is going to be great. This was fantastic. 23-C13689-059-B-4707-AD29-7-FEE97-D856-B
I’m holding on to several 2001 d’Yquem which might be the best of all time. 

Edited by b_p
  • Like 2

I think I’m going to go pick up these wines today? It’s the 15-30$ range as I’m not that far into my wine drinking to know or taste the differences in them to justify getting into the 30-75$ range. 

if y’all have had any of them just let me know your thoughts or if i should take one off the list 

13F7F721-DF1A-4771-86E0-A01F7E7940E9.png

32AC8BBB-B0C9-499F-A144-5573083A43A9.png

That's a really nice SB.  Have you tried the Rochioli?  We went through 3 bottles of it yesterday.

I have not had the Rochioli. Will need to look into that SB. My go to patio pounder is either Galerie or Quivet. Best QPR goes to Galerie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk