Emergency goalie pulled from the stands (NHL)

markstanco

Here is the best photo of the night - guys at Johnny's Ice house stopping to watch one of their own play for the Blackhawks

DZgoGPTV4AAaN99.jpg

and according to their twitter account - you can go see Scott Foster in the Johnny's Ice House elite league semifinals tonight (I bet it is played to a packed house)

36 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Here is the best photo of the night - guys at Johnny's Ice house stopping to watch one of their own play for the Blackhawks

DZgoGPTV4AAaN99.jpg

and according to their twitter account - you can go see Scott Foster in the Johnny's Ice House elite league semifinals tonight (I bet it is played to a packed house)

Just seeing that picture--a bunch of guys in beer-league uniforms and gear--brings that smell of the dressing room back to my nostrils.

Dudes really need to spend more time cleaning their pads.

1 minute ago, Chapo said:

So these guys get paid or just a free ticket every game they are at?

CSB: The son of a guy I used to work with was the emergency goalie for the Penguins. 

He would go sit in the pressbox during games & had his pads & stuff with him in case he "got the call". He never did.

So yeah, free tickets, no pay unless you play.

2 hours ago, ScottS said:

According to this, he got paid $500 and gets to keep his game-worn jersey.

https://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2018/3/30/17181908/blackhawks-scott-foster-emergency-goaltender

actually Scott, your link has been revised, it now says he got nothing.... other than maybe being able to keep the jersey. He signed an amateur tryout contract, not a professional 1 day contract 

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

actually Scott, your link has been revised, it now says he got nothing.... other than maybe being able to keep the jersey. He signed an amateur tryout contract, not a professional 1 day contract 

Well, furk.  It said he got paid when I saw the link.  That is what I get for trusting an SB Nation link, I guess.