Israel

SmokeyBear1861

https://www.timesofisrael.com/6-gazans-said-wounded-as-thousands-flock-to-border-to-protest/

7 Gazans said killed, over 1,000 hurt in clashes at massive border protest

Israeli army uses live fire, rubber bullets to keep back mobs of Palestinians who throw rocks, firebombs at troops during Hamas-led 'March of Return' protests

Getting hot over there. What happens next?

Edited by SmokeyBear1861
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, crackamacgowski said:

Israel.

Hm..  interesting.

I think they continue to spread influence, since they have a great military  advantage over all their surrounding neighbors. It's also in the Americans best interest to continue.

2 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

They'll keep killing Palestinian protesters and absolutely nothing will happen to them. 

Aren't the Palestinians doing a bit more than "protesting"?

It said some protesters were lighting tires on fire and throwing Molotov cocktails and rocks at IDF troops on the other side of the border. The military maintained that it would not allow Palestinian protesters to “violate Israel’s sovereignty” by crossing the security fence.

The IDF did not confirm the Hamas figures, but said it faced “violent terrorism” at the border fence. The army said the organizers of the protests were deliberately trying to place civilians in harm’s way, and cited an incident in which it said a seven-year-old girl was sent to the security fence in an apparent cynical attempt to draw Israeli fire, but was spotted by troops who realized what was happening and ensured she was not hurt.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

They'll keep killing Palestinian protesters and absolutely nothing will happen to them. 

Yeah, their at the border with flowers and peace signs.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

Kush got this.

I think he's crying in a closet somewhere.  And photo ops don't work well with flaming liquor is involved.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, SmokeyBear1861 said:

I thought this topic both sides would agree on, I was wrong.

Isreal has a right to exist, they are being attacked, and defending themselves.

Well, I applaud your effort. I’m sure posters like Fozzz would remain cool, calm, and collected with Hamas knocking at their door. 

Whether it’s indiscriminately firing rockets at children, hiding weapons at UN facilities, using civilians as human shields, or treating their women like 2nd class citizens, the fact that anyone can engender sympathy for them is wildly disturbing. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I'm waiting to hear the crazy conspiracy reason that he's purposefully misspelling Israel.

Just a poor speller. 

*adjusts tinfoil cap*

Found a good article about Palestine.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2012/02/there_was_never_a_country_called_palestine.html

Edited by SmokeyBear1861

43 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Do you think that's some sort of revelation? I guess that's not surprising. Anyone that went to school and left it with a basic understanding of world geography knows that.

No, just has good info for those DixonHur arguements.

Edited by SmokeyBear1861

35 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I'm waiting to hear the crazy conspiracy reason that he's purposefully misspelling Israel.

Wait, I know this one. It's to prove he has seen the actual birth certificate, right?

The above is a joke.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

It's not even good information. It's just "lmao gotcha Palestine was never a country" when everyone already knows that, coupled with Bible (or Torah) thumping bullshit about land endowed by their creator.

Please, please, get smarter. For your own sake.

I haven't read that article, but were they able to work in anything about Jesus' landing pad on Temple Mount?  That's usually the best part. 

Just now, Anastasis said:

I haven't read that article, but were they able to work in anything about Jesus' landing pad on Temple Mount?  That's usually the best part. 

You should glance at it. It's great. A website called "American Thinker" posts a tepid article that contains a bunch of well known information that looks like it was copied and pasted out of various textbooks and draws no conclusions of its own. It's pretty much a perfect microcosm of what the rest of the world probably thinks when they hear the phrase "American Thinker".

50 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Horn Under A Bad Sign is either in or on his way to a Palestinian Refugee Camp in Lebanon right now. It will be interesting to hear what he has to say when he gets back. 

I guess some people took the Shag thing worse than others.

it will be interesting to get his take.

Yeah, I can't understand why the Palestinians are so upset.  I mean it's not like someone kicked them out of their land and gave it to their mortal enemy or anything.  What a bunch of snowflakes.
Next time they win a world war, they can have some say in what happens to the spoils.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, woohorn said:
4 hours ago, DixonHur said:
Yeah, I can't understand why the Palestinians are so upset.  I mean it's not like someone kicked them out of their land and gave it to their mortal enemy or anything.  What a bunch of snowflakes.

Next time they win a world war, they can have some say in what happens to the spoils.

yeah, cause what we desperately need is more people in the middle east who think that their problems can be solved by setting off a world war. 

• Like 1

This is mass murder.

IT WAS billed as the “Great Return March”, the first step in the return of Palestinians in Gaza to the homes their grandparents lived in before Israel’s establishment in 1948. But there was little marching. Most of the estimated 30,000 Palestinians who showed up on March 30th set up tents about half a kilometre from a border fence erected by Israel. They remained there, on the Gaza side, listening to Palestinian politicians make impassioned speeches. Some protesters played football.

Israel warned the Palestinians not to get within 300 metres of the fence and said that it would see any attempt to cut through it as an act of violence. Small groups of Palestinians nevertheless moved closer. When some tried to dart all the way to the fence, the Israeli army dropped tear-gas grenades from small drones and Israeli snipers opened fire. According to the Palestinian health ministry in Gaza, at least 13 people were killed and hundreds hurt.

https://www.economist.com/news/middle-east-and-africa/21739855-protesters-had-been-warned-not-approach-border-fence

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

yeah, cause what we desperately need is more people in the middle east who think that their problems can be solved by setting off a world war. 

While not a world war per se, clearly the Israelis and Palestinians are at war and have been for a long time.  Do you not agree?  The organizers of the 'protest' have blood on their hands ginning up their followers to brazenly make a suicidal rush into the well defended, fenced, area of their sworn enemy.  Hamas is to blame.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/a-decade-later-israelis-see-gaza-pullout-as-big-mistake/2015/08/14/21c06518-3480-11e5-b835-61ddaa99c73e_story.html?utm_term=.51530ea69572

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-with-gaza-tunnels-on-israel-s-radar-hamas-eyes-new-ways-to-wage-war-1.5747197

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C2CHBD_enUS773US774&source=hp&ei=Tb6-WqmwE42otQXwtZzYAQ&q=organized+fence+assault+israel+hamas&oq=organized+fence+assault+israel+hamas&gs_l=psy-ab.3..33i160k1.1907.12135.0.12643.41.38.1.1.1.0.179.2571.36j2.38.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..1.34.2214.0..0j0i131k1j0i10k1j0i22i30k1j0i22i10i30k1j33i21k1.0.bu7bFm05QPA

Edited by zork

7 hours ago, SmokeyBear1861 said:

Neither the Palestinians nor the Israelis want change.  They've been at it for seventy years.   We'll have more of the same.

Part of me has sympathy for both sides.  But both sides have pretty much exhausted my reservoir of sympathy.   I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that they like this mess.

6 hours ago, SmokeyBear1861 said:

No, just has good info for those DixonHur arguements.

Yes, I was remiss in not assigning more weight to the "God said they could have it" argument...my mistake.

As for Palestine wasn't a country argument, give me a break.  Was Palestine an independent nation?  No.  Was Palestine on the map?  Hell, yes.  It was a "British Mandate" that was created when the Arabs helped the Brits overthrow the Ottomans in exchange for Independence...oops, trusting the Brits sure turned out to be a bad idea.

Do you even Lawrence of Arabia, bro?

4 hours ago, woohorn said:
8 hours ago, DixonHur said:

Oh, right, I'd forgotten about that time that Israel won a World War?  Which World War was it again?

Seriously, you guys need to brush up on your history.

Edited by DixonHur
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Yes, I was remiss in not assigning more weight to the "God said they could have it" argument...my mistake.

As for Palestine wasn't a country argument, give me a break.  Was Palestine an independent nation?  No.  Was Palestine on the map?  Hell, yes.  It was a "British Mandate" that was created when the Arabs helped the Brits overthrow the Ottomans in exchange for Independence...oops, trusting the Brits sure turned out to be a bad idea.

Do you even Lawrence of Arabia, bro?

Oh, right, I'd forgotten about that time that Israel won a World War?  Which World War was it again?

Seriously, you guys need to brush up on your history.

Seems like the Palestinians shouldn't have pissed off their Jordanian betters and maybe they would have had a place to live?

Simple version from Wiki-pedia:

With the Great Arab Revolt in 1916 and the consequent British invasion, the area came under Occupied Enemy Territory Administration in 1917 and with the British mandate of Transjordan in early 1920s, it became the Emirate of Transjordanunder the Hashemite Emir. In 1946, independent Hashemite Kingdom of Transjordan was formed and shortly admitted to the United Nations and the Arab League. In 1948, Jordan fought with the newly born state of Israel over lands of former Mandatory Palestine, effectively gaining control of the West Bank and annexing it with its Palestinian population. Jordan lost West Bank in the 1967 War with Israel, and since became the central base of the PLO in its struggle against Israel. The alliance between the PLO and the Jordanians, active during the War of Attrition, came to an end in the bloody Black September in Jordan in 1970, when a civil war between Jordanians and Palestinians (with Syrian Ba'athist support) took thousands of lives. In the aftermath, defeated PLO was forced out of Jordan together with tens of thousands of its fighters and their Palestinian families, relocating to South Lebanon.

I added the bold to the quote.  Why don't they live in Jordan or Lebanon since they won't be allowed back into Israel due to their past and current avowed violence?  HAMAS is not going to help them get there for certain

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Jordan

Edited by zork

4 minutes ago, zork said:

Seems like the Palestinians shouldn't have pissed off their Jordanian betters and maybe they would have had a place to live?

Simple version from Wiki-pedia:

I added the bold to the quote.  Why don't they live in Jordan or Lebanon since they won't be allowed back into Israel due to their past and current avowed violence?  HAMAS is not going to help them get there for certain

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Jordan

You're right, maybe if the Jews hadn't "pissed off" the Nazis that whole Holocaust thing would never have happened.  It's all the Jews' fault, amiright?

5 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

You're right, maybe if the Jews hadn't "pissed off" the Nazis that whole Holocaust thing would never have happened.  It's all the Jews' fault, amiright?

I don't know why Jordan kicked them out except that if they are anything like the bitches they are now I understand.  What happened in 1970 during the "Black September in Jordan"?  I was a baby and don't give a shit enough about the Palestinian plight given the double dealing shitfest leadership time of Arafat and beyond to look it up now.  They deserve anything they get for following that POS and now attaching themselves to HAMAS. 

BTW, why did they send the 7 year old to the fence(reportedly)?

Edited by zork

31 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I'll never understand why anyone takes sides in this.  You're picking a favorite in a fight between two seriously bad guys.

Evangelicals need Israel to exist in order for the rapture to happen.  

My "side" is that the US spends too much in blood and treasure trying to defend a country that never should have been created.

Aside from some Evangelical fantasty, what do we get in return. 

Several hot chicks notwithstanding of course.

19 hours ago, woohorn said:
On 3/30/2018 at 11:13 AM, DixonHur said:

This might be a good time to google "king david hotel bombing."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-israel-migrants/israel-says-it-will-send-16000-african-migrants-to-western-countries-idUSKCN1H90WQ

Israel says it will send 16,000 African migrants to Western countries

1 minute ago, Fozzz said:

AIPAC should just get it over with and claim the protesters are funded by (((Soros))) so we can bring this thing full circle.

https://twitter.com/AIPAC/status/980909578777976832

huh???

On 3/30/2018 at 3:40 PM, woohorn said:
On 3/30/2018 at 11:13 AM, DixonHur said:

And maybe not have their leadership cozying up to Hitler.  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/israels-migrant-problem-its-not-just-about-africans/ar-AAvBoqD

Israel's Migrant Problem: It's Not Just About Africans

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/21955

Why don't the Palestinians march on Iran, Syria, Egypt and Jordan?

The truth is that Israel, in a Middle East founded on abomination, state terror and violence, constitutes the closest thing to Amnesty International, with rules of engagement that many Western countries dream of and that fulfill many Western principles in a barbaric environment. The Palestinian Arabs and the international community know that and they play with Israel's right to exist.

Interesting situation over there, never thought about how tough it is for them, and how much different they treat the Hamas than thier neighbors.