Israel

SmokeyBear1861

5 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Those are happening now.

I want Israel to either man up or grant the Palestinians statehood.

You're thinking like a short attention span American. You want it all to happen right now. They're thinking in generational terms. The ultimate goal is to occupy all the lands that the god they invented promised them in the book they wrote thousands of years ago. It doesn't matter to them if it takes 100 years.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

You're thinking like a short attention span American. You want it all to happen right now. They're thinking in generational terms. The ultimate goal is to occupy all the lands that the god they invented promised them in the book they wrote thousands of years ago. It doesn't matter to them if it takes 100 years.

Or to not be driven into the sea like their sworn enemies have said was their goal for decades.  Peace aint gonna happen as long as Hamas or even Hezbollah have any influence in the region, aka peace will never happen.

From May of last year:

The new Hamas policy document, which is meant to complement, rather than replace, the Hamas Covenant of 1988, does not in any way depart from what the movement believes to be the inalienable right of the Palestinian people to a state “from the river to the sea”.  The document declares both the Balfour Declaration and the UN Partition Resolution of 1947 “null and void”, and makes clear that the Palestinian state – to be achieved piecemeal if necessary – is to be created at the expense of the very existence of the Jewish State.

https://besacenter.org/perspectives-papers/new-hamas-policy-document-old-old-mostly/

Aka drive the Jewish state into the sea.  That won't work by sending your under 18 year old children in with misguided militant Palestinians towards a fence along the current border that is heavily defended.  No matter how many tires you light on fire it won't work.

Edited by zork
  • Like 1

Wait, you're telling me the native Palestinians don't like the Balfour Declaration? They don't like a document stating that a Western colonial power was going to give away their land to people openly hostile towards them?

That's really strange. I cannot imagine why they wouldn't be happy about that.

"I always thought that if Israel were to unilaterally annex the occupied Palestinian territories, it would come under an international spotlight, with denunciations and protests around the world. I was wrong. Annexation is underway, but out of the spotlight, away from international attention. In the dismal offices of the fortified Justice Ministry in East Jerusalem, in the cramped meeting rooms of the Knesset, and in the august chambers of the Supreme Court, Israel’s finest lawyers are working around the clock to shape the biggest paradigm shift since the West Bank was conquered in 1967. The government’s lawyers are busy giving their counsel, drafting laws, and defending Israel’s efforts to expand the jurisdiction of its law and administration beyond the 1949 ceasefire lines to serve the interests of Jewish settlers at the expense of the occupied Palestinians, whose civil rights are suspended. Knesset committees are drawing up legislation to expand and entrench the dual legal system that already exists in the West Bank: one code for settlers, another for Palestinians. These new laws are to be applied in a setting in which the colonized are dominated by the colonizers, with a clear intention of maintaining that domination. Even the Israeli judiciary is joined to the task, allowing the exploitation of Palestinian property for the benefit of Israeli settlers."

"The battle for the future of Israel’s dominion over millions of Palestinians and the colonization of their land is at a critical juncture. Will the current reality of repression and discrimination through “temporary” control of one nation over another be reinforced and institutionalized by official annexation into one permanent state? Lawyers stand on both sides of the barricades. Across the lines from me and my colleagues, lawyers working for the government and the military are charged with engineering a separate and unequal system of law. If they do not put down their pens, disconnect their keyboards, and stop lending their talent and expertise to the destruction of the best traditions of the rule of law as a means for assuring equality, liberty, and dignity for all human beings, they will not only betray our professional calling but also disavow the lessons they should have learned from our nation’s history. We are the sons and daughters of a people that knows the pain of discrimination and subjugation and the intensity of longing for freedom and independence. Our collective biography taught us that obeying orders is not a defense for morally reprehensible acts. Devising bad laws bears no less responsibility than obeying them."

http://www.nybooks.com/daily/2018/04/10/israel-and-annexation-by-lawfare/

• Like 1

The Israelis are on the brink of a fight with Iran over shit going down in Syria. I don't know about everyone else but a middle East shit show involving Russia, Iran and Israel with Trump as our commander in chief freaks me out a little bit.

"Israel is preparing for a crossborder attack from the Revolutionary Guard Corps, in response for a strike allegedly carried out by the Jewish state against an Iranian operated airbase in Syria which killed seven IRGC soldiers."

http://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Conflict/Israel-planning-for-direct-attack-from-Iran-in-Syria-550073

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Or they just hate the shit out of Shia Muslims. 

Both, the Iranians use the Shiites across the region as proxy forces. Iraq is no longer a stop gap measure to Iran since some genius thought it was a good idea to obliterate that country.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, F250 said:

The Israelis are on the brink of a fight with Iran over shit going down in Syria. I don't know about everyone else but a middle East shit show involving Russia, Iran and Israel with Trump as our commander in chief freaks me out a little bit.

"Israel is preparing for a crossborder attack from the Revolutionary Guard Corps, in response for a strike allegedly carried out by the Jewish state against an Iranian operated airbase in Syria which killed seven IRGC soldiers."

http://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Conflict/Israel-planning-for-direct-attack-from-Iran-in-Syria-550073

If Iran attacks Israel, it’s open season. Israel will shut down Iranian support to Syria, and ISIS will reap the benefits.  And the Saudis may benefit as well in Yemen since it would stretch Iranian logistics assets really thin. 

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

If Iran attacks Israel, it’s open season. Israel will shut down Iranian support to Syria, and ISIS will reap the benefits.  And the Saudis may benefit as well in Yemen since it would stretch Iranian logistics assets really thin. 

That's where Russia helps. Until they flake out and don't feel like it anymore.

American leftists are turning against the Jewish groups.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/04/18/starbucks-womens-march-adl/

The Anti-Defamation League (ADL), a mainstream Jewish civil rights organization, is one of several groups helping Starbucks conduct anti-bias training sessions. Starbucks announced the training sessions in response to another backlash, after two black men were arrested in a Philadelphia Starbucks.

Progressive activists including the leaders of Women’s March and Black Lives Matter slammed Starbucks for allowing the ADL to participate in the training sessions. The ADL criticized Women’s March on March 6 after several of the groups’ leaders declared their support for Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, a notorious racist and anti-Semite.

American leftists turning against a group famous for spying against anti-apartheid activists (because Israel and apartheid South Africa were buddies, of course):

The suit charges that the A.D.L. maintains a "wide-ranging network of unlawful surveillance," directed at Arab-Americans and other supporters of Palestinian rights, opponents of South African apartheid and critics of United States policy in Central America, among others.

Mark Van Der Hout, who is participating in the suit as a member of the National Lawyers Guild, said that thousands of law-abiding people "have been spied upon, their mail looked through, their confidential police records given to A.D.L., their lives disrupted.".

https://www.nytimes.com/1993/10/24/us/anti-defamation-league-accused-of-spying.html

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

No it's because they've turned into a straight up shill for the Israeli government and do shitty things like deny the Armenian genocide. 

I thought that was TYT.

https://www.adl.org/blog/adl-on-the-armenian-genocide

After a few holocaust paragraphs he gets to it. 

What happened in the Ottoman Empire to the Armenians beginning in 1915 was genocide. The genocide began with the ruling government arresting and executing several hundred Armenian intellectuals. After that, Armenian families were removed from their homes and sent on death marches. The Armenian people were subjected to deportation, expropriation, abduction, torture, massacre and starvation.

What happened to the Armenian people was unequivocally genocide.

Edited by SmokeyBear1861

Everything is lining up just the way the Bible predicted thousands of years ago.  The Bible said that Israel would eventually be rebuilt after their nation was destroyed by the Romans in AD 70.  No other nation or people removed from their original homeland has ever been able to resurrect their nation after two generations except the Jewish people.  God's covenant with Israel has never been broken by God.  Even when they went astray and were punished by God for their disobedience, he did not forget them.  In 1948, against all odds,  their nation was restored that God had given to Abraham 4000 years ago.  In another amazing turn of events predicted in the Bible, Jerusalem is now being recognized as the true capital.  When Jesus returns to Earth to rule the world after the tribulation, He will rule the world from Jerusalem.  In fact, as the Bible predicted in the last days, Israel and the Middle East would be the center of attention of the entire world, and Jerusalem would be the epicenter.  70 years ago, no one had their attention focused on Jerusalem like it is today.  

Perhaps if you searched the scriptures, you would discover that God's Word is being fulfilled as we speak.  I expect the Ezekiel 38 war will commence now that Turkey, Iran, and Russia are aligning themselves for the first time in history.  They will attack Israel and be destroyed.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/20/2018 at 12:25 PM, Fozzz said:

Since the 1970s the ADL has existed to demonize Muslims and anyone critical of Israel.  That's why they get hundreds of thousands of dollars from the Adelson Foundation. 

http://mondoweiss.net/2017/02/letter-progressive-allies/

Those poor misunderstood Muslims. They really bring a lot of good to the world. Knowledge, freedom, intelligence, enlightenment and tolerance. All the bed rocks of Muslim dominated countries. Fucking great places to live   

Edited by Johnny Sack
  • Like 3

Everything the shaggy atheist lib cabal despises about evangelicals, go ahead and assign that to me times ten about Muslims.

I am a Christian. I respect Jews.  Sikhs. Hindus. Buddhists.  I have no respect for Islam.  I believe it is a death cult founded by a murderous pedophile.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Lol. Christianity is responsible for as much or more death than Islam throughout history, and Christianity has been steadfastly covering up pedophilia for hundreds of years.

Thank goodness for yet another thread that devolves into this kind of bullshit (all sides).

Atheists are the biggest killers in history.  Muslims are the current leaders in death and destruction   

Go move to a Muslim country.  They are freaking great.  

How anyone can side with the Muslims over Israel and Jews just befuddles me.  One is a culture of enlightenment.  The  other is a bunch of violent goat fucking assholes who still use their hands to wipe their ass. 

Liberals equivocating Muslims with Christians is really something. Liberals defending Muslims with their stance on women and gays is some tortured logic. 

Edited by Johnny Sack
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Atheists are the biggest killers in history.  Muslims are the current leaders in death and destruction   

Go move to a Muslim country.  They are freaking great.  

How anyone can side with the Muslims over Israel and Jews just befuddles me.  One is a culture of enlightenment.  The  other is a bunch of violent goat fucking assholes who still use their hands to wipe their ass. 

Liberals equivocating Muslims with Christians is really something. Liberals defending Muslims with their stance on women and gays is some tortured logic. 

You need some history lessons.

11 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Lol. Christianity is responsible for as much or more death than Islam throughout history, and Christianity has been steadfastly covering up pedophilia for hundreds of years.

Whole books are devoted to cataloging the instruments of torture and mutilation devised by the Catholic Church during the Dark Ages. That's some seriously sick shit. I'm not aware that the marriage of church and state elsewhere has ever produced anything as heinous. 

Atheists are the biggest killers in history.

The fuck they are. Among all the bullshit that regularly gets spewed here and in the elsewheres of American political discourse, this is a lie that surpasses quite an impressive many.

Edited by hpslugga

6 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

The fuck they are. Among all the bullshit that regularly gets spewed here and in the elsewheres of American political discourse, this is a lie that surpasses quite an impressive many.

Mao and Stalin say how you doing.......

Over the course of human history more people have died as a result of religious strife probably, but the biggest killers have been the 2 atheists above.  I'd throw Hitler in there even though I believe he claimed to have religion from time to time.

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 12:35 PM, David Dennison said:

I know George Morgan is a gag account (well done, BTW), but I still find it hilarious that people believe this nonsense.

I find it less hilarious that we are sending John Hagee to the ceremony for the embassy in Jerusalem.  On the other hand, it does provide some insight into our thought process. 

12 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Hitler was an atheist. 

I have no idea what Hitler believe in his heart, but his rhetoric included multiple references to God and attacked communists for being atheists.  He was anti-Christian, but he certainly framed the Nazi movement in religious context.

Only when the entire German people become a single community of sacrifice can we expect and hope that Almighty God will help us. The Almighty has never helped a lazy man. He does not help the coward. He does not help a people that cannot help itself. The principle applies here, help yourselves and Almighty God will not deny you his assistance.

42 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Mao and Stalin say how you doing.......

The genocidal despots of the 20th centuries, by and large, constructed societies that suggested that they themselves were gods, just like the Korean leadership still does to this very day.

Atheism isn't merely a rejection of Abrahamic religions. Atheism is a doubt/skepticism/lack of belief in any supernatural, anthropomorphic immortals, especially ones who involve themselves in human affairs.

Regarding, Stalin, to quote Hitchens:

"for Joseph Stalin, who had trained to be a priest in a seminary in Georgia, the whole thing was ultimately a question of power. “How many divisions,” he famously and stupidly inquired, “has the pope?” (The true answer to his boorish sarcasm was, “More than you think.”) Stalin then pedantically repeated the papal routine of making science conform to dogma, by insisting that the shaman and charlatan Trofim Lysenko had disclosed the key to genetics and promised extra harvests of specially inspired vegetables. (Millions of innocents died of gnawing internal pain as a consequence of this “revelation.”) This Caesar unto whom all things were dutifully rendered took care, as his regime became a more nationalist and statist one, to maintain at least a puppet church that could attach its traditional appeal to his."

Or to quote Gentile

"The sacralization of the party opened the way to the sacralization of Stalin when he became the supreme leader.  After 1929, the political religion of Russia mainly concentrated on the deification of Stalin, who until his death in 1953 dominated the party and Soviet system like a tyrannical and merciless deity. "

As to Mao, he was born and raised in a Buddhist family as a Buddhist, and Buddhism was in fact perhaps the only religion that was more or less protected during his so-called Cultural Revolution. Yeah they persecuted people of other beliefs, but they all but literally turned Buddhism into the state religion. Hardly an act of atheism, especially given a line he uttered in the waning years of his life. When asked of his health, he said "I have had a cough for some days. It is time to go to heaven. It seems that I am summoned to meet the good god." Again, hardly the confession of an atheist.

I won't even go into North Korea because their religious fanaticism should be self-evident. So I stand by what I said...that line about "atheists are the biggest killers" is self-serving horseshit that's concocted by religious people in order to deflect any criticism against religion on similar grounds. If religion really is, as it's defined, "the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods," then I'd suggest that people like you should man up and own this bullshit instead of copying-and-pasting fairy tales from The Land of Make Believe and Pretend.

Edited by hpslugga
  • Like 2