Israel

SmokeyBear1861

22 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Hitler was an atheist. 

Hitler was a Catholic. No matter what you believe about Hitler, the Nazis were mostly Catholic. Most of the soldiers who wore that uniform and served the fuehrer called themselves Christian and believed that the Christian God was on their side. 

Just like the neo-Nazis and klansmen do today. They're now mostly Protestant but that's a minor distinction. 

6 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

You need to read Mein Kampf, Hitler believed he was acting according to God’s will. 

He also once said “Besides that, I believe one thing: there is a Lord God! And this Lord God creates the peoples.” That's exactly and precisely 100% the polar opposite of atheism.

Edited by hpslugga

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer just released this statement showing support of President Trump's decision to the move the US embassy in Israel to Jerusalem:

“In a long overdue move, we have moved our embassy to Jerusalem. Every nation should have the right to choose its capital. I sponsored legislation to do this two decades ago, and I applaud President Trump for doing it.”

• Like 1

If choosing an embassy starts a war, how about we just say fuck it and let them exist on their own?  I'm not a full isolationist, but we are way too involved in world affairs and we should avoid shit like this when it doesn't really affect our day to day lives here on the other side of the planet.  If y'all can't get along enough to not kill each other over our choice of embassy, we don't need a fucking embassy all that bad.  Figure your shit out already.

i mean, it's whatever, from a human rights perspective, right folks?

At least 52 Palestinians were killed on Monday in Gaza and more than 2400 others wounded as the Israeli army fired live ammunition, tear gas and firebombs at protesters assembled along several points near the fence with Israel.

The demonstrations, which coincided with protests against the opening of the US embassy in Jerusalem, are part of a weeks-long protest calling for the right of return for Palestinian refugees to the areas they were forcibly expelled from in 1948. 

Since the protests began on March 30, Israeli forces have killed at least 90 Palestinians in the coastal enclave and wounded close to 10,500 people.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/04/gaza-protest-latest-updates-180406092506561.html

The capital was never not going to be in Jerusalem, not matter how much they don't want it to be.  Procrastinating with false hope has been nothing but harmful to the Palestinian people.  The sooner they face reality, that Israel is not going away, the better off the people will be.  Stop holding on to false hope that they will crush their enemies and rule all of the land immediately and reclaim Jerusalem as their own capital with no Jews anywhere.  It's a hard lesson to teach a child, but someone has to be the adult.  Palestine will be better off in the long run now that the fairy tale has ended.

Hopefully closer to peace in the long run than short

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hpslugga said:

The genocidal despots of the 20th centuries, by and large, constructed societies that suggested that they themselves were gods, just like the Korean leadership still does to this very day.

Atheism isn't merely a rejection of Abrahamic religions. Atheism is a doubt/skepticism/lack of belief in any supernatural, anthropomorphic immortals, especially ones who involve themselves in human affairs.

Regarding, Stalin, to quote Hitchens:

"for Joseph Stalin, who had trained to be a priest in a seminary in Georgia, the whole thing was ultimately a question of power. “How many divisions,” he famously and stupidly inquired, “has the pope?” (The true answer to his boorish sarcasm was, “More than you think.”) Stalin then pedantically repeated the papal routine of making science conform to dogma, by insisting that the shaman and charlatan Trofim Lysenko had disclosed the key to genetics and promised extra harvests of specially inspired vegetables. (Millions of innocents died of gnawing internal pain as a consequence of this “revelation.”) This Caesar unto whom all things were dutifully rendered took care, as his regime became a more nationalist and statist one, to maintain at least a puppet church that could attach its traditional appeal to his."

Or to quote Gentile

"The sacralization of the party opened the way to the sacralization of Stalin when he became the supreme leader.  After 1929, the political religion of Russia mainly concentrated on the deification of Stalin, who until his death in 1953 dominated the party and Soviet system like a tyrannical and merciless deity. "

As to Mao, he was born and raised in a Buddhist family as a Buddhist, and Buddhism was in fact perhaps the only religion that was more or less protected during his so-called Cultural Revolution. Yeah they persecuted people of other beliefs, but they all but literally turned Buddhism into the state religion. Hardly an act of atheism, especially given a line he uttered in the waning years of his life. When asked of his health, he said "I have had a cough for some days. It is time to go to heaven. It seems that I am summoned to meet the good god." Again, hardly the confession of an atheist.

I won't even go into North Korea because their religious fanaticism should be self-evident. So I stand by what I said...that line about "atheists are the biggest killers" is self-serving horseshit that's concocted by religious people in order to deflect any criticism against religion on similar grounds. If religion really is, as it's defined, "the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods," then I'd suggest that people like you should man up and own this bullshit instead of copying-and-pasting fairy tales from The Land of Make Believe and Pretend.

They were atheists, they may have set themselves up as gods/dictators for life but they weren't practicing a religion no matter how much you or anyone else wants to try and spin it.

14 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

The capital was never not going to be in Jerusalem, not matter how much they don't want it to be.  Procrastinating with false hope has been nothing but harmful to the Palestinian people.  The sooner they face reality, that Israel is not going away, the better off the people will be.  Stop holding on to false hope that they will crush their enemies and rule all of the land immediately and reclaim Jerusalem as their own capital with no Jews anywhere.  It's a hard lesson to teach a child, but someone has to be the adult.  Palestine will be better off in the long run now that the fairy tale has ended.

Hopefully closer to peace in the long run than short

I agree with this, but as is often the case when Trump does the right thing, he does it for the wrong reasons or in the most ham-handed way.  We've given something to Israel that they really wanted.  What did the US get out of it from Israel, besides biblical prophecy?  I'm a huge supporter of Israel, but the US needs to serve its own interests first, and those interests are served by getting the Israelis to compromise on certain things.  We've given up a key leverage point, and for what? 

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

No, but Israelis will die. There might even be a war.

I really hope there's a war.  Maybe it's a little sick, but I love the Trump support right now.  

Iran got caught lying and they lost face big time.  I really hope they try to launch a campaign from Syria into Israel.  Israel and the US will get some big time.  Lot's more hajis will get that date with 40 virgins.  

• Fuck You 3

7 minutes ago, JimTom said:

Man, I'll pray the knock off a few more idiots.  

That's 74 less idiots running around.  Lot's of rag heads out there ya know.

4C39319500000578-0-image-a-11_1526307617

that's a 14 year old kid dead on the lower right. 

edit: source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5725195/US-set-deeply-controversial-Jerusalem-embassy-move.html

sraeli snipers kill scores of Palestinians and wound 2,400 as 35,000 protesters rally against the US Embassy opening in Jerusalem overseen by Trump's Middle East envoy Jared Kushner and daughter Ivanka
US moving embassy from Tel Aviv today after Trump recognised Jerusalem as Israel's capital in December  
Israeli snipers have killed scores of protesters near the Gaza border with more than two thousand injured
Mass protests taking place with Palestinian government accusing Israel of committing a 'terrible massacre'
Comes after al-Qaeda chief Ayman al-Zawahiri called for group's followers to carry out jihad against the US 
Russia says embassy move risks increasing Middle East tension as Turkey says US is now 'part of the problem' 
The Arab League is planning to hold an extraordinary meeting to discuss America's 'illegal' embassy move 
US President's son-in-law and Middle East envoy Jared Kushner said opening showed US could be trusted and that when 'Trump makes a promise, he keeps it'
WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT 

Edited by hayden_horn

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

Sucks his parents sent him out to die.  

He could have written a blog or protested in a non-violent way instead of being used as cannon fodder.  Does that make sense?

• Fuck You 2

21 minutes ago, JimTom said:

Qatar is not majority Shia, but has some 

Islam is Qatar's predominant religion and is the official status although not the only religion practiced in the country.[209] Most Qatari citizens belong to the Salafi Muslim movement of Wahhabism,[210][211][212] and between 5–15% of Muslims in Qatar follow Shia Islam with other Muslims sects being very small in number.[213] Qatar is 67.7% Muslim, 13.8% Christian, 13.8% Hindu, and 3.1% Buddhist; other religions and religiously unaffiliated people accounted for the remaining 1.6%.[214] Sharia lawis the main source of Qatari legislation according to Qatar's Constitution.[97][98]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qatar#Religion

2 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

Qatar is not majority Shia, but has some 

Islam is Qatar's predominant religion and is the official status although not the only religion practiced in the country.[209] Most Qatari citizens belong to the Salafi Muslim movement of Wahhabism,[210][211][212] and between 5–15% of Muslims in Qatar follow Shia Islam with other Muslims sects being very small in number.[213] Qatar is 67.7% Muslim, 13.8% Christian, 13.8% Hindu, and 3.1% Buddhist; other religions and religiously unaffiliated people accounted for the remaining 1.6%.[214] Sharia lawis the main source of Qatari legislation according to Qatar's Constitution.[97][98]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qatar#Religion

Great place huh bud?  The country is run by Sharia law where stoning is a legal punishment and they can kill you if you play hide the salami with your buddy. You probably wouldn't last long there.  But by all means, go there, check it out, and let us all know.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_Qatar

Sharia law is the main source of Qatari legislation according to Qatar's Constitution.[2][3] Sharia law is applied to laws pertaining to family law, inheritance, and several criminal acts (including adultery, robbery and murder). In some cases in Sharia-based family courts, a female's testimony is worth half a man's and in some cases a female witness is not accepted at all.[4] Codified family law was introduced in 2006. In practice, Qatar's legal system is a mixture of civil law and Islamic law.[5][6]

Flogging is used in Qatar as a punishment for alcohol consumption or illicit sexual relations.[7] Article 88 of Qatar's criminal code declares the punishment for adultery is 100 lashes.[8] Adultery is punishable by death when a Muslim woman and a non-Muslim man are involved.[8] In 2006, a Filipino woman was sentenced to 100 lashes for adultery.[8] In 2010, at least 18 people (mostly foreign nationals) were sentenced to flogging of between 40 and 100 lashes for offences related to “illicit sexual relations” or alcohol consumption.[9] In 2011, at least 21 people (mostly foreign nationals) were sentenced to floggings of between 30 and 100 lashes for offences related to “illicit sexual relations” or alcohol consumption.[9] In 2012, six expatriates were sentenced to floggings of either 40 or 100 lashes.[7] Only Muslims considered medically fit were liable to have such sentences carried out. It is unknown if the sentences were implemented.[10] More recently in April 2013, a Muslim expatriate was sentenced to 40 lashes for alcohol consumption.[11][12][13] In June 2014, a Muslim expatriate was sentenced to 40 lashes for consuming alcohol and driving under the influence.[14] Judicial corporal punishment is common in Qatar due to the Hanbali interpretation of Sharia Law.

Stoning is a legal punishment in Qatar.[15] Apostasy is a crime punishable by the death penalty in Qatar.[16] Blasphemy is punishable by up to seven years in prison and proselytizing can be punished by up to 10 years in prison.[16] Homosexuality is a crime punishable by the death penalty for Muslims.[17]

27 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

edit: source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5725195/US-set-deeply-controversial-Jerusalem-embassy-move.html

Maybe the parents of the kid should have stopped him from going to a war zone where people have been getting shot at since March 30. The Palestinians are attempting to breach the border fence with Israel. The border patrol on their side of the fence has an obligation to stop their incitement. No surprise, Hamas isn’t, rather they are stoking the provocation. Israel is left then to protect the border and have every right to repel an attempted invasion.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

21 minutes ago, JimTom said:

Man I'm getting a lot of neg rep here.  wtf?  

This is Texas!  Where are the real Texans around here that support Trump and our great ally Israel?  

#needsomeposrep

Lame ass troll. Get the fuck out of here. Sick of seeing socks infect this board.

1 minute ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Lame ass troll. Get the fuck out of here. Sick of seeing socks infect this board.

Get the fuck out of Texas you rag head terrorist.  Don't act like you're a Texan on a Texas board.  Trying to fuel the libtards.  

• Fuck You 11

1 minute ago, Fozzz said:

iconoclast, i bet y'all two have a surprising amount in common

Give me a fucking break. This loser troll signed up 23 hours ago and has just posted in this thread and Donald Trump’s. He is either a real life loser racist or more likely a troll. I’m neither of those things.

6 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Maybe the parents of the kid should have stopped him from going to a war zone where people have been getting shot at since March 30. The Palestinians are attempting to breach the border fence with Israel. The border patrol on their side of the fence has an obligation to stop their incitement. No surprise, Hamas isn’t, rather they are stoking the provocation. Israel is left then to protect the border and have every right to repel an attempted invasion.

or maybe the IDF snipers should not shoot unarmed people. Easy.  

1 minute ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Give me a fucking break. This loser troll signed up 23 hours ago and has just posted in this thread and Donald Trump’s. He is either a real life loser racist or more likely a troll. I’m neither of those things.

Not a racist or a troll bro.  Plus, I couldn't give more of a fuck about your or who you are.  So good luck with your talking shit on a message board tough guy.

4 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

or maybe the IDF snipers should not shoot unarmed people. Easy.  

Would you allow your 14 year old son go to the border fence? Unless you are nuts, the answer is no. Like with education in inner city schools, if the parents don’t give a shit about their kids then their kids will have a very high likelihood of falling prey to gangs and drugs. I’m sure there is a similar dynamic at play with the parents of this 14 year old killed by the Israelis.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

14 minutes ago, JimTom said:

Great place huh bud?  The country is run by Sharia law where stoning is a legal punishment and they can kill you if you play hide the salami with your buddy. You probably wouldn't last long there.  But by all means, go there, check it out, and let us all know.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_Qatar

Sharia law is the main source of Qatari legislation according to Qatar's Constitution.[2][3] Sharia law is applied to laws pertaining to family law, inheritance, and several criminal acts (including adultery, robbery and murder). In some cases in Sharia-based family courts, a female's testimony is worth half a man's and in some cases a female witness is not accepted at all.[4] Codified family law was introduced in 2006. In practice, Qatar's legal system is a mixture of civil law and Islamic law.[5][6]

Flogging is used in Qatar as a punishment for alcohol consumption or illicit sexual relations.[7] Article 88 of Qatar's criminal code declares the punishment for adultery is 100 lashes.[8] Adultery is punishable by death when a Muslim woman and a non-Muslim man are involved.[8] In 2006, a Filipino woman was sentenced to 100 lashes for adultery.[8] In 2010, at least 18 people (mostly foreign nationals) were sentenced to flogging of between 40 and 100 lashes for offences related to “illicit sexual relations” or alcohol consumption.[9] In 2011, at least 21 people (mostly foreign nationals) were sentenced to floggings of between 30 and 100 lashes for offences related to “illicit sexual relations” or alcohol consumption.[9] In 2012, six expatriates were sentenced to floggings of either 40 or 100 lashes.[7] Only Muslims considered medically fit were liable to have such sentences carried out. It is unknown if the sentences were implemented.[10] More recently in April 2013, a Muslim expatriate was sentenced to 40 lashes for alcohol consumption.[11][12][13] In June 2014, a Muslim expatriate was sentenced to 40 lashes for consuming alcohol and driving under the influence.[14] Judicial corporal punishment is common in Qatar due to the Hanbali interpretation of Sharia Law.

Stoning is a legal punishment in Qatar.[15] Apostasy is a crime punishable by the death penalty in Qatar.[16] Blasphemy is punishable by up to seven years in prison and proselytizing can be punished by up to 10 years in prison.[16] Homosexuality is a crime punishable by the death penalty for Muslims.[17]

I would urge you to not look too deep into our BFFs over there, Saudi Arabia. You will not like their beliefs. Should we go to war with them too?