Lieutenant gov. Dan Patrick

Voldemort86

• 1 month later...

He wants a Texas version of Don't Say Gay or whatever.

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas-politics/lt-gov-dan-patrick-wants-texas-version-of-florida-law-that-critics-dubbed-dont-say-gay-bill/

Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Monday he will prioritize passing Texas legislation that mimics the recently signed Florida bill referred to as the “Don’t Say Gay” law.

That state’s controversial law prohibits classroom lessons on sexual orientation or gender identity for kids below the fourth grade or any instruction that is not “age-appropriate or developmentally appropriate” for older students. It has come under heavy scrutiny as opponents of the bill say it will harm LGBTQ children.

While Texas’ next legislative session doesn’t start until January, the issue will be addressed in Education Committee hearings before then, Patrick said in a campaign email.

“I will make this law a top priority in the next session,” he said.

Keep on being obsessed with sex and kids and what not.

• Haha 1

So when introducing Patrick to elementary age kids, they will just skirt the truth? "Hey everyone, this is Dan. When Dan's not busy being our Lt Governor, he enjoys watching the Ellen Degeneres show and driving his Suburu."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is there an instance of this happening anywhere?  I mean, where elementary school kids are receiving sex education...especially those in kindergarten through 3rd grade...or is this just more of Genital Dan trying to stop a problem that doesn't exist?

49 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

When do public schools start sex ed classes now?

7th or 8th grade with my kids. This is a fucking non-issue for anybody other than pearl-clutching, Alt-Right shit-bags like Dan Patrick and his ilk. The real aim is to remove any literature/teaching that "normalizes" same sex relationships for younger kids, I think.

• Rage+1 1

• 1 month later...

Oh good, not only is the carpet bagger an expert on who is and isn't a real Texan, he's now an expert on school shootings.  I'm sure police departments across the country will be lining up to take lessons from him.

Walking that back is such a spineless move.  Wonder how many text messages from LEO unions it took to make him walk that back.

• 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Bathroom Dan has covid.  Is it too much to ask for the same result from the rush Limbaugh thread to happen here?

at the very least, I hope he’s in the bathroom standing over the toilet coughing up blood.

Covid can't kill daywalkers. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/25/2022 at 7:06 AM, Voldemort86 said:

Bathroom Dan has covid.  Is it too much to ask for the same result from the rush Limbaugh thread to happen here?

at the very least, I hope he’s in the bathroom standing over the toilet coughing up blood.

You want to slave over this thread for another 8 years while Patrick lives well and then eventually dies of cancer? Well, ok. 

On 7/25/2022 at 7:06 AM, Voldemort86 said:

He said he’s vaccinated and boosted.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just learned that Patrick campaigned in my hometown. Gainesville and Cooke County are 85/15 R and 80/20 R  in a good day for Dems.

Patrick shouldn’t be wasting his resources on these types of stops so it makes me wonder/hopeful then I remember it’s Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Just learned that Patrick campaigned in my hometown. Gainesville and Cooke County are 85/15 R and 80/20 R  in a good day for Dems.

Patrick shouldn’t be wasting his resources on these types of stops so it makes me wonder/hopeful then I remember it’s Texas.

He goes to bumfuck rural areas because not many people in the cities would show up to support him. Even the republicans in city areas hate him, they just vote for him because R.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

But Texas can continue to sell scratch-offs and lotto tickets, right?  Not only is that not gaming/gambling, nobody and I mean fucking nobody has any fucking clue where that money goes.  A C-level member of the Texas Permanent School Fund (with a love of alcohol) indicated that Dan Patrick has privately quashed reporting mechanisms time and time again at TPSF.  But were you and I to play a hand of blackjack with every cent of our rate reported within an inch of its life...that'd just be a bridge too far.  

Dan Patrick really is the Karen of statewide office holders.  

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

But Texas can continue to sell scratch-offs and lotto tickets, right? 

That's because it passed when that heathen libqueen Ann Richards was in office. He just hasn't got around to killing it.