"San Antonio" or "San Antone"

TXs

23 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

That got cleared up in the 90s in The Chronicle. Dates back to Spain where it came from Arabic Wadi-l-hub, Valley of Luvvvv. If you pronounce it like proper Spanish, it means you hate Arabs.

The Chronicle can kiss my ass. The street is named after the river, like the rest of the north/south streets in the same area. The river was named by the Spanish, so there is no loop at the end, it is "lup-e"

Same for San Antonio, named by the Spanish for Saint Anthony of Padua.

Just now, Lone Star Horn said:

The Chronicle can kiss my ass. The street is named after the river, like the rest of the north/south streets in the same area. The river was named by the Spanish, so there is no loop at the end, it is "lup-e"

And the Spanish word is originally mispronounced Arabic with an -oob sound at the end, which was the whole point of the joke.

>joke<

But we can be all serious n shit. Texas was also named by the Spanish, or at least they recorded what somebody told them. They didn't pronounce it Tek-sas, That's Anglo-Saxon, ie, Redneck Goober Shazam Shazam talk. We must end this Guadaloop-in-Teksas crazy mispronunciation talk.

1 hour ago, Lone Star Horn said:

Tone