Getting old sucks

Hate

This weekend I noticed that I had some pain in my pubic area. I didn’t think much of it and figured it would go away after a night of drinking. Well, I woke up this morning and it was more painful and had begun to swell. I go to my GP who says I have a hernia and recommends I go to a surgeon right away. I go see the surgeon and she says you have a hernia and we have to operate on it tonight. So now I’m checking into the hospital and I’m about to get a CT scan so they can see if any guts have fallen through the hernia so they will know whether or not they have to cut out some of my guts. This sucks.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Hate said:

This weekend I noticed that I had some pain in my pubic area. I didn’t think much of it and figured it would go away after a night of drinking. Well, I woke up this morning and it was more painful and had begun to swell. I go to my GP who says I have a hernia and recommends I go to a surgeon right away. I go see the surgeon and she says you have a hernia and we have to operate on it tonight. So now I’m checking into the hospital and I’m about to get a CT scan so they can see if any guts have fallen through the hernia so they will know whether or not they have to cut out some of my guts. This sucks.

Best of luck but at least you will get some good pain medications. More is better too btw. 

Always look on the best side of life!

Edited by Dolemite
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Hate said:

Don't worry, I'll be there for your wife if you don't make it.

• Like 2

Did your guts fall into your nutsack and did they swell up like a hoppity horse?  Cuz I heard that can happen.

No, other than a little pain and some swelling I feel fine. The doctor was pretty amazed that I hadn’t been throwing up and that I was able to take a deuce this morning with no issues. I looked up my symptoms before going to my GO, so I kind of figured I had a hernia. I just didn’t imagine that I’d have to have surgery tonight. It’s weird that there wasn’t a particular event that caused it. I have done anything out of the ordinary lately and there was nothing I could point to that may have caused it.

You're going to enjoy the excruciating pain every time you laugh, sneeze, pee, move or breathe while the incision heals.

And make sure you pee on a routine schedule because the pain blocker will keep you from feeling your bladder.  Dont want to pee on the missus, at least w/o a camera.

• Like 2

good luck man. i had double inguinal hernia surgery when i was like 30 or some shit. holy shit did that suck for about 4 days after. my shit was all bruised. entire lower body and my junk was purple and sad. ice is your friend + that first shit will be interesting but damn good to get over

all-counting.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for all of the support. I’ll divvy out what painkillers I don’t use later. At least there are sports on. Of course, the goddamn Stars lost tonight. I’m not sure the staff was prepared to hear a very audible “goddamnit” when the Blues scored that last goal.

• Haha 1

I don’t know yet. I haven’t heard from the surgeon. I’m still waiting but it’s supposed to be tonight.

On a side note for those who have had this before, how long before I can knock one our with the wife after this?

6 hours ago, Hate said:

It’s weird that there wasn’t a particular event that caused it. I have done anything out of the ordinary lately and there was nothing I could point to that may have caused it.

Damn, that sucks.  Was hoping we'd get some strange pics from the wild 20 somethings you've been banging to get into this condition.  Only a matter of time before I'm in the same situation I guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hate said:

I don’t know yet. I haven’t heard from the surgeon. I’m still waiting but it’s supposed to be tonight.

On a side note for those who have had this before, how long before I can knock one our with the wife after this?

You are fucked. Best case scenario is you learning how to take a strap on deep in your asshole 

2 hours ago, Hate said:

Thanks for all of the support. I’ll divvy out what painkillers I don’t use later. At least there are sports on. Of course, the goddamn Stars lost tonight. I’m not sure the staff was prepared to hear a very audible “goddamnit” when the Blues scored that last goal.

What could have been...

lou-brown-hospital-gif.gif?w=364

I survived. They finally did the surgery last night around 2:00. I was asleep when they came to get me and of course knocked out after that, so it almost seems like a dream. I’m uncomfortable as hell and starving.

• Like 9

Last year I was hauling a deer out of the woods and after pulling it up out of a ditch, felt a slight burning in my crotch, off to the side and close to my belt line.  Next day, saw a small bump there.  A week or so later, the bump was bigger and I could push it in, feel the squish as the intestine went back in the wall, and all would be good.  It would go for a week or so, then bump out again.  Then it got to be an every day thing.  Called my cousin who is a general surgeon.  He told me over the phone that it was an  inguinal hernia.  Be at his office the next day at 7 a.m. and he would confirm, fix it and send me home by lunch.  He put in an internal rubber gasket that uses internal pressure to keep a seal and then sewed a mesh liner into wall.  Home by mid afternoon and felt ok.  Got pretty sore a couple of days later, then no problems.  Back in action with the wife in a week(no pic).  I am 57 and getting old does suck.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hate said:

The surgery is pretty invasive and requires patience to make sure you are fully healed before engaging in any activity with the nether regions, including rubbing one out.  You should probably refrain from sexual activity for 4-6 months, the end of which time most patients are recovered.   There have been a few instances where the recovery took longer.  In the meantime, send your wife over to my place and I can service her for you while you are unable to fulfill your duties.  

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Hate said:

I had that surgery back in 2003 (I was 31) .  Mine was caused by  team lifting a heavy TV (pre flat screen era)  up a flight of stairs at my in laws.    I turned the corner on the stairs and I felt something pop and sure enough I get home and ball sack is swollen.   I go to  a Urologist the next day and he refers me to surgeon and the next week, I'm  having a mesh put in.   

I had to take it easy for a couple of months  which included no sex, no lifting, pushing, etc.   They didn't even want me driving for two weeks because the incision was on my right side, but I snuck out after a few days and went to Whataburger because I got tired of soups and other microwaved food.

Back then I wasn't in shape and I'm sure that might have had something to do with it.  But the Doc explained to me the weakness that causes the hernia in the first place is something you could have in your wall since child birth and it's like a weakness in a tire and it's just waiting for the right conditions to pop.   It might not ever happen, but most of the time it will.  I'm a little concerned this mesh might be wearing out and need to go see a Doc about it because I lift weights and exercise daily and at times I can feel a tug in the groin area.  

12 hours ago, Hate said:

I knocked one out with the nurse DURING.