Getting old sucks

Hate

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 4:19 PM, Sbbruin said:

Good luck Shooter.

I have really noticed this more and more.  I get swamp ass for no explicable reason.  And I have to go the bathroom strictly to wipe my ass.  No shart or precursor event.  Just A moistness that needs tidying.

Have you by any chance had a colonoscopy and they found nothing wrong? Because it's known that those bastards will leave the O-ring loose on the way out so that you'll bring the dookie maker back in for a tune-up when you start dripping oil.

1 hour ago, Jerry Callo said:

I've developed pain in four or five joints over the past few months.  Not sure if that's arthritis, but it sucks.

Oneup here - i’ve got arthritis in several finger joints (difficult to fap), both shoulders (along with bone spurs and partial rotator cuff tears), in the left elbow (another bone spur too), intermittent gout, and a hip joint that slips partially out if I move slightly the wrong way.  Getting up in the morning is like a bowl of fresh Rice Crispies sounding off. 😅

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Have you by any chance had a colonoscopy and they found nothing wrong? Because it's known that those bastards will leave the O-ring loose on the way out so that you'll bring the dookie maker back in for a tune-up when you start dripping oil.

Yes, in fact about 6-8 months ago.  Bastards!

On 6/24/2019 at 5:19 PM, Sbbruin said:

Good luck Shooter.
I have really noticed this more and more.  I get swamp ass for no explicable reason.  And I have to go the bathroom strictly to wipe my ass.  No shart or precursor event.  Just A moistness that needs tidying.

I've noticed the same every so often at night. I haven't figured out if there's a dietary trigger or what.

Edited by retread

7 hours ago, Flexhorns said:

Try having a stroke at 43...... yeah it sucks

Why in the hell would anyone want to try and do that?!?! 

Hemorrhoids - damnit man.   I've had em for a few years, no pain, just a nuisance really...thought meh, what's the big deal

until one bursts.

On 6/24/2019 at 4:34 PM, El Diablo said:

How long after the surgery before they take the eye patch off? I've only got one eye and having the cataract removed from the good eye is going to leave me blind for that time period. Kinda freaked out about it.

A few days although I think they said a week. I think it was about 3 for me.

Edited by LarryTT

1 minute ago, LarryTT said:

A few days although I think they said a week. I think it was about 3 for me.

Gotdammit. Well, I guess the upshot of that is if they botch the surgery and it leaves me blind for good I'll have a few days jumpstart on that experience.

Just got back to work after suffering from Diverticulits for the first time, basically small pockets in the bowel that can get infected if there's any issue processing food... Dr told me its basically 50% of people at 50, 60% at 60 etc so some of you guys can look forward to this.

13 hours ago, Spartan52 said:

Just got back to work after suffering from Diverticulits for the first time, basically small pockets in the bowel that can get infected if there's any issue processing food... Dr told me its basically 50% of people at 50, 60% at 60 etc so some of you guys can look forward to this.

Yeah, about that... Started in my 40's. Eventually resulted in being hospitalized twice for a week each time in the span of 3 months. Lots and lots of antibiotics later I had a foot of my colon removed. Doc says avoid foods with sharp edges that don't digest easily like coarse grains and nuts. A history of being frequently dehydrated can exacerbate the progression of the disease conditions. Being an alkie probably did not help in my case.

56 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Yeah, about that... Started in my 40's. Eventually resulted in being hospitalized twice for a week each time in the span of 3 months. Lots and lots of antibiotics later I had a foot of my colon removed. Doc says avoid foods with sharp edges that don't digest easily like coarse grains and nuts. A history of being frequently dehydrated can exacerbate the progression of the disease conditions. Being an alkie probably did not help in my case.

I'm 42 and just suffered through my first round of this a month or so ago.  Lost nearly 20 pounds in just a couple of weeks and was bed ridden with intense pain for 4 or 5 days. After nearly a month of low fibre nearly liquid diet doc now says it's time to switch to high fiber and exercise to try and increase colon health / decrease chances of it coming back.  Really hating the feeling of knowing it may come back any time.  Another fun byproduct -- I get to have my first colonoscopy next month after I heal up a bit more.  It's certainly scared the hell out of my and motivated me to have a better high fiber diet and exercise.  

4 minutes ago, Gale Snoats said:

I'm 42 and just suffered through my first round of this a month or so ago.  Lost nearly 20 pounds in just a couple of weeks and was bed ridden with intense pain for 4 or 5 days. After nearly a month of low fibre nearly liquid diet doc now says it's time to switch to high fiber and exercise to try and increase colon health / decrease chances of it coming back.  Really hating the feeling of knowing it may come back any time.  Another fun byproduct -- I get to have my first colonoscopy next month after I heal up a bit more.  It's certainly scared the hell out of my and motivated me to have a better high fiber diet and exercise.  

I had several years of flare ups before it got really, really serious. Live yogurt is your friend, keep the guts healthy and full of beneficial bacteria. That and staying well hydrated. A lot of what the lower GI does is absorb moisture from what's passing thru. Keep your shit moist, man.

Mine got so bad that I developed a fistula - a hole in the wall of my guts where it came into contact with my bladder and ate a hole into the bladder. Shit was literally passing into my piss bag and I had chronic bladder infections and could fart out of my dick. The last trip to the hospital the infection ate thru my abdominal wall all the way to my skin and formed what was basically a boil. I was in the hospital delirious with fever when that thing ruptured and holy shit the smell was unlike anything you can imagine. You ever clean a wild animal on a warm day and get a whiff of that? X10.

33 minutes ago, Hate said:

That’s all kind of fucked up.

Ha! Yeah, it is. I'm not the only Surly bastard that has been afflicted in such a way either, I'm pretty sure @Kyrie Eleisonhad a similar experience. He had his resection done some months before mine, crazy bastard declined any pain meds because of a pre-existing condition.

lol...yep. colovesical fistula had me all kinds of fucked up....and i had to wait 80+ days for my surgery so my new insurance would cover it, so i was constantly fighting bladder infections and UTIs the whole time, passing shit through my cack, etm.

but i could fart through my dick, pretty handsomely, too. so that was a pretty badass party trick.

wish i could’ve kept that one...

I had several years of flare ups before it got really, really serious. Live yogurt is your friend, keep the guts healthy and full of beneficial bacteria. That and staying well hydrated. A lot of what the lower GI does is absorb moisture from what's passing thru. Keep your shit moist, man.
Mine got so bad that I developed a fistula - a hole in the wall of my guts where it came into contact with my bladder and ate a hole into the bladder. Shit was literally passing into my piss bag and I had chronic bladder infections and could fart out of my dick. The last trip to the hospital the infection ate thru my abdominal wall all the way to my skin and formed what was basically a boil. I was in the hospital delirious with fever when that thing ruptured and holy shit the smell was unlike anything you can imagine. You ever clean a wild animal on a warm day and get a whiff of that? X10.

Goddamn! Thanks for the advice and sorry you went through that. Good lord.

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 5:19 PM, Sbbruin said:

Good luck Shooter.

Yeah...  it was never explained to me on getting older and having anal leakage.  I can take a shit and about an hour later feel like I have to wipe again, which I do.  

18 hours ago, Lone Star Horn said:

use your phone's camera, and zoom in, method works great for otc medicine dosage

hints from a 55 yo

Did this once at a restaurant when I left my readers in the car and the wife went off to a nearby store, used my phone camera to see the receipt better, people probably thought I was some weirdo taking a pic of my receipt. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, El Diablo said:

I had this exact same thing happen several years ago where I developed a fistula.  Telling my Dr I was pissing bubbles was a weird convo.  I get sent directly to the Ass Dr.  Dr was trying to get the infection under control with antibiotics just was not working.  Had intense pains and called my Ass Dr he told me go directly to the ER and he would meet me there.  Had about a ft of colon removed and 40 staples in my stomach with a hell fo a scar.  Worst time of my life.

2 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

I had this exact same thing happen several years ago where I developed a fistula.  Telling my Dr I was pissing bubbles was a weird convo.  I get sent directly to the Ass Dr.  Dr was trying to get the infection under control with antibiotics just was not working.  Had intense pains and called my Ass Dr he told me go directly to the ER and he would meet me there.  Had about a ft of colon removed and 40 staples in my stomach with a hell fo a scar.  Worst time of my life.

Yeah, I was a real fatass at the time and while the surgery went great the incision refused to heal due to the massive layer of fat on my abdomen. It took forever, All better now a year and a half later. Those first few weeks after the surgery I was taking some truly epic shits. Turds Dumbo would have been proud to call his own. Now I just get the swamp ass, I think they didn't tighten things up quite right or I got the anal intruder while I was out.

25 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

If you fart out of your dick and there’s shit, wouldn’t that be a dick shart

24 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

24 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

23 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Echo, echo, echo, echo.....or is he talking from South Austin's mother's cavern?