Voter Suppression

Pancho

So my youngest came up from Houston this weekend for the game and the fair. Of course he lost his driver’s license in an Uber or a bar or who knows where. 

He moved apartments this summer so his voter registration won’t match his ID if he replaces it with a new ID with new address. So of course he is in a panic about being able to vote. 

I told him just to bring his passport to the voting precinct since it has our Dallas address and if asked just use the address on the registration. 

thoughts?  I don’t think he can re-register at latest address without TDL? So he’s stuck in limbo with the move and the missing license. 

Edited by DDD Dad

1 hour ago, DDD Dad said:

So my youngest came up from Houston this weekend for the game and the fair. Of course he lost his driver’s license in an Uber or a bar or who knows where. 

He moved apartments this summer so his voter registration won’t match his ID if he replaces it with a new ID with new address. So of course he is in a panic about being able to vote. 

I told him just to bring his passport to the voting precinct since it has our Dallas address and if asked just use the address on the registration. 

thoughts?  I don’t think he can re-register at latest address without TDL? So he’s stuck in limbo with the move and the missing license. 

as long as he is registered properly and has a picture id with his current address he will be fine. otherwise he may have to use a provisional ballot

On 10/11/2022 at 4:11 PM, StassneyHorn said:

Have him vote by mail if all else seems like too much

Yeah, that's completely safe and not subject to having his ballot rejected.  

eye-roll-ugh.gif

So I think he was able to order a new license online.  Website gave him option of requesting new voter registration at new address.  I told him not to mess with that until after election since deadline to register was yesterday.  

Edited by DDD Dad

1 hour ago, StassneyHorn said:

Voting by mail is safe and does have a online status.

It's not the safety that concerns me.  It's the risk that the ballot will be rejected for one of a number of technicalities that have been discussed in this thread.

Win win for DeSantis I suspect.  A small number of people locked up.  A larger number of people, who are not 100% sure the police won't come knocking on their door, just refrain from registering altogether.  Everything is going according to plan.

• Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

A) Hillary will definitely run against Biden.

B) Polling shit is all over the place but my guess is bad for Biden. I think despite The Roe ruling it rolls Republican for both house and senate.

Flame away. 

A) WTF?

B) Ok cool, hook em.  Nobody knows how this is going to go, but your opinion is noted.

C) What @Longhorn_Fan68 said

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, 27-25 said:

Win win for DeSantis I suspect.  A small number of people locked up.  A larger number of people, who are not 100% sure the police won't come knocking on their door, just refrain from registering altogether.  Everything is going according to plan.

wouldn't be shocked if it's 100% staged / actors involved here 

12 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

lol at Hillary running again.

Don’t be stupid, stupid.

I bet Hillary runs again. Choose your bet. Since you’re the Queen of the Underworld (and now Bamachick not headed to the CFP stands  girl) pick some kind of bet within reason. 

On 10/4/2022 at 10:11 AM, Bama Chick said:

I’ve mentioned before that he and his family are from a……VERY Alabama part of Alabama so I’m not at all surprised by their kooky religious beliefs.

But - how do they drive legally if picture IDs are forbidden?

How are they forbidden if he can make his own?  What’s the difference?  

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

I bet Hillary runs again. Choose your bet. Since you’re the Queen of the Underworld (and now Bamachick not headed to the CFP stands  girl) pick some kind of bet within reason. 

Just out of curiosity, what makes you think this?

4 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

A) Hillary will definitely run against Biden.

B) Polling shit is all over the place but my guess is bad for Biden. I think despite The Roe ruling it rolls Republican for both house and senate.

Flame away. 

You know, I was thinking about this:  

A. Has Hillary been raising a lot of money for another presidential run?  Has she been hinting at it in her tweets?

B. Even though Biden isn't running this year, it would appear at this point the House is leaning Republican.  But I'm sort of wondering which Senate races you think will go red?  Which Republicans will defend their seats and which Dems will lose theirs?

I'll hang up and listen.

2 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

i hate this fucking country more often than love it nowadays. thanks gqp

Monday Night Raw Yes GIF by WWE

i don’t mind when people are occasional assholes   We all have our bad days or shitty bosses,

But the GOP has turned being an asshole into a 24/7 obsession, and they want to fuck over everybody who isn’t them.  They really are lucky the Dems are so disorganized and that the media treats them so nicely,

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Has to be statewide races yeah?  Locals in Harris shouldn’t be in doubt. Paxton trying to protect his job?

Given that some Dems have picked up prominent Republican endorsements, and that Trump is not in the ticket, and abortion and how Uvalde could have been worse, etc. something could have them a little spooked.

If their internal polling had them easily trouncing the Dems, I think they’d be running non-stop campaign ads touting that.

• Hook 'Em 1