Voter Suppression

Pancho

5 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

I think this is what @Poe It Up is talking about when he says that the actual facts don't matter and it's what people feel right? Maybe @fattyflattie can update us on his latest findings since he finds credence in the "2020 election was stolen and future elections are fraught" propoganda

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Captainant said:

Maybe @fattyflattie can update us on his latest findings since he finds credence in the "2020 election was stolen and future elections are fraught" propoganda

Be careful. Your first attempt to project this made you look like a fucking brain dead aggy.  I see you still haven’t given up on it though. Maybe if you keep repeating it, it will come true. Or, since it’s fresh on your mind, you can easily find one receipt. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Be careful. Your first attempt to project this made you look like a fucking brain dead aggy.  I see you still haven’t given up on it though. Maybe if you keep repeating it, it will come true. Or, since it’s fresh on your mind, you can easily find one receipt. 

Eh I mean SurlySearch ain't too shabby. You stop short of saying that the election was fraudulent, but are happy to repeat that "many people are just asking questions" and continue to fuel that fabricated grievance

On 5/30/2021 at 8:55 PM, fattyflattie said:

Wrong. I was told hundreds of times the US have absolutely secure elections, without chance of fraud.  Anyone who questions this is a sore loser.  But more of a CR topic. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

You stop short of saying that the election was fraudulent, but are happy to repeat that "many people are just asking questions" and continue to fuel that fabricated grievance

Well, maybe I stopped short because the election wasn’t fraudulent?  At the same, there are reports of people’s straight ticket ballots being opposite of what they picked, dead (R’s mostly) voting, and videos of people with stacks of envelopes to drop off at piling stations. In what world can both not be true.  We are a long way from being absolutely secure. Shit, Hildalgo can’t even get county votes done in a week.  Do you believe our system cannot be improved upon?

*Note - in my last post I was referring to the Elon thread where you mentioned me in the same vein, even though we were discussing (or shortly referencing and answering a question) about some AZ pol who was removed from Twitter for this thoughts on the election integrity. 

10 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Well, maybe I stopped short because the election wasn’t fraudulent?  At the same, there are reports of people’s straight ticket ballots being opposite of what they picked, dead (R’s mostly) voting, and videos of people with stacks of envelopes to drop off at piling stations. In what world can both not be true.  We are a long way from being absolutely secure. Shit, Hildalgo can’t even get county votes done in a week.  Do you believe our system cannot be improved upon?

*Note - in my last post I was referring to the Elon thread where you mentioned me in the same vein, even though we were discussing (or shortly referencing and answering a question) about some AZ pol who was removed from Twitter for this thoughts on the election integrity. 

you continue to spout completely debunked "evidence." but sure, keep telling us how you're not an election denier. 🙄

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Well, maybe I stopped short because the election wasn’t fraudulent?

So on one hand, you are stating that the election was not fraudulent

13 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

At the same, there are reports of people’s straight ticket ballots being opposite of what they picked, dead (R’s mostly) voting, and videos of people with stacks of envelopes to drop off at piling stations. In what world can both not be true.  We are a long way from being absolutely secure.

And on the other hand, stoking conspiracy and "many people are saying" type shit that only advances the conspiracy of the election being stolen.

Ya know, that perception and being highly attuned to be aggrieved makes you actually jump to those conclusions more readily. My grandma was complaining about these newfangled touchscreen voting machines and how it kept "changing her vote!!!", and talking to my mom I learned that she just kept dragging her finger across the screen so it kept choosing the bottom candidate. Not a conspiracy - but she's been listening to so much goddamn fox news that it's literally the first word association that comes to her mind.

You are poisoning your mind when you keep dabbling in this "people are saying" and "just asking questions" bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, Captainant said:

So on one hand, you are stating that the election was not fraudulent

And on the other hand, stoking conspiracy and "many people are saying" type shit that only advances the conspiracy of the election being stolen.

Ya know, that perception and being highly attuned to be aggrieved makes you actually jump to those conclusions more readily. My grandma was complaining about these newfangled touchscreen voting machines and how it kept "changing her vote!!!", and talking to my mom I learned that she just kept dragging her finger across the screen so it kept choosing the bottom candidate. Not a conspiracy - but she's been listening to so much goddamn fox news that it's literally the first word association that comes to her mind.

You are poisoning your mind when you keep dabbling in this "people are saying" and "just asking questions" bullshit.

People on this very site complained their tickets weren’t tallying up correctly. D voters.   Does that make any election fraudulent?  Of course not.  Should it be fixed? Absolutely.   Unless you feel we have a perfect system, that never makes a mistake.  

I mean, we know by 2205 on lottery nights that over 20 states, no one won.  10’s (hundreds?) of millions of tickets sold across half the country. But we can’t get results back in 10 days in Harris county?  I think there’s room for improvement.   More time leads to more chance for fuckery.  

15 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

you continue to spout completely debunked "evidence." but sure, keep telling us how you're not an election denier. 🙄

So, your contention is there isn’t video of people, specifically in Ga, walking to ballot boxes with >1 ballot?  Bold take, Cotton. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I mean, we know by 2205 on lottery nights that over 20 states, no one won.  10’s (hundreds?) of millions of tickets sold across half the country. But we can’t get results back in 10 days in Harris county?  I think there’s room for improvement.   More time leads to more chance for fuckery.  

My guy. You are comparing apples and assholes lol. When you buy a lotto ticket, it's also centrally registering that set of numbers. When the drawing happens, they just see if there's anyone with a ticket registered to that magic combination.

When 1,633,557 people vote (Houston in 2020) and we have to independently count, tally, audit, and verify that each one was counted.... Yeah, that's gonna take some more time. Wanting to rush through that seems like the more fraught proposition.

Nevertheless, you're making absolutely absurd comparisons here that are not reflective of objective reality. You are amplifying this rhetoric that our elections process is deeply flawed and rickety and barely working - and that couldn't be further from the fucking truth. 

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

So, your contention is there isn’t video of people, specifically in Ga, walking to ballot boxes with >1 ballot?  Bold take, Cotton. 

post your fucking videos and evidence then. DO IT! Back your fascist apologist bullshit up with some fucking hard evidence that we can talk about. Or is it merely that mAnY pEoPlE aRe SaYiNg?

Edited by Captainant
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

post your fucking videos and evidence then. DO IT! Back your fascist apologist bullshit up with some fucking hard evidence that we can talk about. Or is it merely that mAnY pEoPlE aRe SaYiNg?

I’d much rather just sit here and lol at the way the elections are trending for you. Sorry about your rights, bruh. 

Edited by fattyflattie
Tending, Siri?
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

I think this is what @Poe It Up is talking about when he says that the actual facts don't matter and it's what people feel right? Maybe @fattyflattie can update us on his latest findings since he finds credence in the "2020 election was stolen and future elections are fraught" propoganda

Dash seems like he’s one step away from cutting his fucking ear off, what a nut. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Do yourself a favor- go volunteer for your county on election night and see how silly you feel about this post. You don’t have to take my word for it.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 2

Whenever I hear or read about voter fraud, they are nearly all republicans.  Whenever I hear or read about voter suppression, it is always about suppressing non-republicans.  Whenever I hear about voting integrity, it is always about tossing votes for non-republicans.  When I hear about gerrymandering, it is nearly always about ultimately favoring non-republican districts.  Whenever I hear about trying to intimidate polling places workers and voters, it is always republicans.   Whenever there the more popular president loses an election it always favors the republicans.  

Gee, it is like there is a pattern or something.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 5
  • Rage+1 1

I always knew that, statistically, with 30% of the country believing that "something fishy" transpired in 2020, we had to have a few surly holdouts. They're just smart enough to not vocalize their dumbass beliefs around here because we'll just call them marks. Of fucking course fatty still has "questions" about election integrity. On fucking brand.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

9 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

if anyone had legit evidence of massive voter fraud, that story drops two years ago. 

there is no evidence. R's losing, doesn't justify all these fake voter fraud claims 

Even the GOP appointed election security head, Chris Krebs--a lifelong Republican, had stated that the election was secure but since that didn't fit the agenda he was given the Cheney treatment and later fired by tweet.

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If we want faster vote counts, start allowing early votes to be counted early.

Conspiracy minded people won’t want that because then someone might know the running count. Which really has very little downside if everyone is told the running count.

Blame the stupid ass GOP legislatures all around the country who don’t let election workers start counting the early / mail in votes until Election Day or even when polls close in some states. They should let election workers count and tabulate all the early mail votes today so that the results are ready for Tuesday night. I guess it’s no coincidence that the same people fighting against letting us count the votes are the same ones who complain about trump being ahead by a mile when they go to bed and Biden being ahead when they wake up the next morning. These people live to fear monger and push conspiracies. Any chance they get, they will take it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Even the GOP appointed election security head, Chris Krebs--a lifelong Republican, had stated that the election was secure but since that didn't fit the agenda he was given the Cheney treatment and later fired by tweet.

All GQP members are part of a corrupt machine.  They looked the other way or welcomed the extremist, anti-democratic, fascist, religious wackos,  and dumb members, and supported those elements that hijacked their party.  They were happy spreading lies for decades and tearing down regulations that secured the country in the name of "lower taxes/helping business" and "freedom" without looking at what was around that curve.   There was a fucking reason some of these things were put in place.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Blame the stupid ass GOP legislatures all around the country who don’t let election workers start counting the early / mail in votes until Election Day or even when polls close in some states. They should let election workers count and tabulate all the early mail votes today so that the results are ready for Tuesday night. I guess it’s no coincidence that the same people fighting against letting us count the votes are the same ones who complain about trump being ahead by a mile when they go to bed and Biden being ahead when they wake up the next morning. These people live to fear monger and push conspiracies. Any chance they get, they will take it.

dismantle the post office, complain about the post office.

break quorum and cause the police budget to be reduced, the complain about defunding the police.

This isn't off brand for the GQP.  We should just lower taxes on the rich, ever see a poor man hire someone?  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Do yourself a favor- go volunteer for your county on election night and see how silly you feel about this post. You don’t have to take my word for it.

I understand how it works. What I don’t understand is why I can’t work better. What’s the saying, not a bug, but a feature? 

4 hours ago, Nivek said:

Whenever I hear or read about voter fraud, they are nearly all republicans.  Whenever I hear or read about voter suppression, it is always about suppressing non-republicans.  Whenever I hear about voting integrity, it is always about tossing votes for non-republicans.  When I hear about gerrymandering, it is nearly always about ultimately favoring non-republican districts.  Whenever I hear about trying to intimidate polling places workers and voters, it is always republicans.   Whenever there the more popular president loses an election it always favors the republicans.  

Gee, it is like there is a pattern or something.

It’s almost like you see what you want to, huh?  Crazy, I know. 

3 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Of fucking course fatty still has "questions" about election integrity. On fucking brand.

I don’t believe there are enough issues to sway any election. I think we can improve, like anything else. But please don’t let that get in the way of your projection, aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

25 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

We can improve by not allowing physical intimidation of voters at polling sites or threats of violence to poll workers. Even better if people just stopped doing those things on their own. 

That's against the law.  Seems like some enforcement against it is in order. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

That's against the law.  Seems like some enforcement against it is in order. 

Seems like the party of law and order needs to obey the law that they know exists. But short of that, yes enforce it. Why is enforcement an issue, do you suppose?

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I understand how it works. What I don’t understand is why I can’t work better. What’s the saying, not a bug, but a feature? 

It’s almost like you see what you want to, huh?  Crazy, I know. 

I don’t believe there are enough issues to sway any election. I think we can improve, like anything else. But please don’t let that get in the way of your projection, aggy. 

Remember when former GOP leader Michael Steele stated facts have a liberal bias?  I do.  

Now, refute what I stated.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

What I don’t understand is why I can’t work better. What’s the saying, not a bug, but a feature? 

Well, it's likely that you're begging the question. No doubt everything on earth could "work better" in many different respects. But in this context, based on what I responded to, your understanding of how things are is lacking and your assumptions are therefore off base. 
So, spend a few days in service to your community and see if your assumptions are correct. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I mean, I don't know each and every state does it.  But I know it's not consistent, and that some are better than others.  It's a hodgepodge, and I'm certain that's by design.  Why, you'll have to answer that. 

I would hazard a guess that you don't even know how your own county of residence does it, or whether that is different from any of the counties directly adjacent to them.  And you don't, because you haven't invested any time in learning what, let alone why. So maybe, do.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I mean, I don't know each and every state does it.  But I know it's not consistent, and that some are better than others.  It's a hodgepodge, and I'm certain that's by design.  Why, you'll have to answer that. 

How battleground states process mail ballots -- and why it may mean delayed results

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/battleground-states-process-mail-ballots-delayed-results/story?id=73717671

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I would hazard a guess that you don't even know how your own county of residence does it, or whether that is different from any of the counties directly adjacent to them.  And you don't, because you haven't invested any time in learning what, let alone why. So maybe, do.

Okie dokie.  

Y'all get out and vote, if you haven't already.  Big year, lots at stake.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

I remember when I first read about voting at Prairie View A&M University and was gob smacked about how many different ways officials had thwarted the students' right to vote. Anyone grasping at straws and/or justification when this suppression is still ongoing is desperately seeking a comfort blankie for absolution.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, Captainant said:

That’s like asking Siskel and Ebert to explain why a given defensive coordinator should go with the 3-4 instead of the 4-3.

Seriously, you’re asking for takes on politics from two posters who demonstrate consistently that they do not follow it.

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I remember when I first read about voting at Prairie View A&M University and was gob smacked about how many different ways officials had thwarted the students' right to vote. Anyone grasping at straws and/or justification when this suppression is still ongoing is desperately seeking a comfort blankie for absolution.

further proof the justice system in the us is corrupt and needs to be purged with fire