Voter Suppression

Pancho

5 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

that can't be right. he didn't appeal the already-cast part, and the clerk mooted the day-of part by pulling them down.

They just filed their notice of appeal. We don't have their actual appeal yet, but I'm confident it will include asking votes to be rejected. People got confused because they filed a motion in the 5th circuit asking to stop drive thru voting on election day, which was denied. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

You can't just up and have the federal postal service deliver already received mail-in ballots sent in good faith to election counting officials.  This is Anarchy.  This is Antifa!  This is Fraud!  

What's next...I mail my passport renewal into that same federal government, and they just turn around and receive it and process it?  That's insane.  That's how illegal immigrants and Radical Islamic terrorists get into this country...by hijacking the mail and stealing my passport information.  

LAW & ORDER.  And also...JUNK MAIL!  

2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Breaking news on CNN: FBI is investigating robocalls in Iowa telling voters to "Stay home and stay safe."

Similar robocalls reported in Nebraska and some other states.

I wonder...  Who could possibly be behind it......

Robots?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

If you guys didn't buy the landline protection option with your Old Glory Insurance plan, then that's just on you for being a fucking idiot.  

It specifically lists "Great Plains/Midwest Deception Plan" for just $2.95/month.  You guys just don't love your parents, that's all this is about. 

3 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

I'm either having a brain fart, or I haven't heard of Hank Gilbert before. A Democratic, Aggy, rancher seems to fit the bill of someone who could unseat Gomert. Can't find any polling. Anybody projecting him to have a chance to pull it off?

Wondered that myself.  But, it's E Texas, full of the common clay of the new west. 

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Who's doing the actual sweep? I'm assuming most postal workers in these cities affected would be pushing ballots through ASAP anyway. I'd rather see some kind of extension of a couple more days for anything postmarked.

US Postal Service Inspectors.  The LE arm of the postal service.  They are fairly independent of the Postmaster General and will obey a federal judge over DeJoy, I think in any event.

Emmett Sullivan ftw.  https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-11-03/judge-orders-sweep-of-postal-facilities-for-leftover-ballots

Also props to LA Times for clear, concise and accurate legal reporting.  I have gained a new respect for that paper in these overheated times.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

Breaking news on CNN: FBI is investigating robocalls in Iowa telling voters to "Stay home and stay safe."

Similar robocalls reported in Nebraska and some other states.

I wonder...  Who could possibly be behind it......

well, hate to play devil's advocates, but why would they suppress votes in Red States they need?

2 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

I'm either having a brain fart, or I haven't heard of Hank Gilbert before. A Democratic, Aggy, rancher seems to fit the bill of someone who could unseat Gomert. Can't find any polling. Anybody projecting him to have a chance to pull it off?

A bunch of armed Gohmert supporters showed up at some back the blue event in Tyler and physically assaulted Gilbert staffers while the cops did nothing, so.....

Life behind the Pine Curtain

4 hours ago, elfenix said:

well now we have to trust a trump appointee to not just ignore the order

GEE WHO COULD HAVE SEEN THAT COMING

deep red (and populated) east texas is less laggy than the rest, pennsyltucky is less laggy than the eastern part, southern ohio less laggy than the bluer northern part, no, no pattern here:

(won't embed click)

HWZXVFSRIVCGFFWE435CR7POKQ.png&w=916

Edited by elfenix

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

well, hate to play devil's advocates, but why would they suppress votes in Red States they need?

Iowa isn't red; it polled about 1 point to Trump.  Reps may already feel like they have it with what's already banked and the old white people who voted this morning.  It would make perfect sense for them to want to suppress the votes by working folks later in the day.

Let's be honest -- does anyone think it's in any way likely that the Democrats were behind this?

One side wants high turnout.  The other doesn't and is willing to cheat to keep turnout down.  Surely everyone must see and admit that by now.

• Hook 'Em 1

On November 3, 2020 at 7:49 PM, TexArcher said:

Iowa isn't red; it polled about 1 point to Trump.  Reps may already feel like they have it with what's already banked and the old white people who voted this morning.  It would make perfect sense for them to want to suppress the votes by working folks later in the day.

Let's be honest -- does anyone think it's in any way likely that the Democrats were behind this?

One side wants high turnout.  The other doesn't and is willing to cheat to keep turnout down.  Surely everyone must see and admit that by now.

A lot of people exist in an alternate reality that isn't dictated by facts and evidence. Anything can be true if it just feels true. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/republican-officials-tried-convince-pennsylvania-204358329.html

Wisconsin republicans are the WORST!  They tried to get Kanye West on the ballot to split the votes. They actually had people collecting signatures for him. To make matters worse, Wisconsin republicans called republicans in Pennsylvania on election night and tried to get them to send in mail in ballots with illegible post marks to try and take advantage of Pennsylvania’s mail in ballot rule where they accept ballots received after Election Day for the next 3 days.

I don’t have a problem with people trying to win, but this shit is just low and not becoming of a normal human being. I wish I could violently slit the throat of Wisconsin Republican leaders. These are dangerous and disgusting people who don’t care about this country or the election system. They just want us to give them power and shut the fuck up. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/8/2020 at 11:44 AM, Firemans4Horn said:

Jim Crow south gonna Jim Crow

Adding to that, the GA GOP is going to restrict mail in voting, restrict the number of drop off boxes for mail in voting, and is launching investigations into voter registration groups.

Will anyone be surprised if the armed groups to begin amassing to intimidate voters, the poll tax resumes, the literacy test for POC returns, and paying people to vote GOP is suddenly okay under the guise of 'paid actors' who just happen to be voting?

If Cobb County is such a Democratic county, then why are their elected officials trying to reduce the minority vote? Are white Democrats siding with white Republicans? Somehow I doubt that. Instead it sounds like they just don't have enough trained election workers ready to go. I imagine that some election workers are wiped out after the recount after recount.

Regardless, the real key to long term change in a state is first winning the boring, local elections. 

On 11/6/2020 at 8:50 PM, Voldemort86 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/republican-officials-tried-convince-pennsylvania-204358329.html

Wisconsin republicans are the WORST!  They tried to get Kanye West on the ballot to split the votes. They actually had people collecting signatures for him. To make matters worse, Wisconsin republicans called republicans in Pennsylvania on election night and tried to get them to send in mail in ballots with illegible post marks to try and take advantage of Pennsylvania’s mail in ballot rule where they accept ballots received after Election Day for the next 3 days.

I don’t have a problem with people trying to win, but this shit is just low and not becoming of a normal human being. I wish I could violently slit the throat of Wisconsin Republican leaders. These are dangerous and disgusting people who don’t care about this country or the election system. They just want us to give them power and shut the fuck up. 

I dunno. Florida Republicans ran candidates who were not real people.