2017-18 Rockets Thread

The Tower

9 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

It's not a given. We'll see what D'Antoni has in mind for his playoff rotation. Green deserves to get 15-20 minutes a game.

It's not, but I think Green just has to do what he can control and it will work itself out.  His quick trigger and zero hesitation is basically Moreyball at it's finest

Just now, perfectchaos007 said:

As a side note, damn I'm glad we didn't trade away a bunch of good players just to get Carmelo. 

We basically offered Ryan Anderson and said take it or leave it.  I would be okay either way.  I think Carmelo would have been fine here, even though I'm pretty happy he didn't come

With the new site might as well join the bandwagon. This is the most rockets games I’ve ever watched in my life and it’s been a blast.

would anyone else like to see the starters play no more than 25 minutes over this stretch? I was getting nervous watching harden in the mid 3Q last night and don’t know why MDA is so insistent on CP3 returning asap

Edited by Fletchers Corny Slayer

1 hour ago, Fletchers Corny Slayer said:

With the new site might as well join the bandwagon. This is the most rockets games I’ve ever watched in my life and it’s been a blast.

would anyone else like to see the starters play no more than 25 minutes over this stretch? I was getting nervous watching harden in the mid 3Q last night and don’t know why MDA is so insistent on CP3 returning asap

This is a common refrain, but it's about conditioning with MDA.  He's talked about it a lot.  That's fine here and there, but you can't ask these guys to play no minutes for 3 weeks then to drop 40 on them.  It's part of why we went from top 5 in pace to dead last.  It was a way to rest while still getting in game action

Edited by uoftorange

1 hour ago, Roofle said:

Harden picking up his 10th rebound last night while sitting on the bench was pretty good stuff. I love home cooking.

I never heard an explanation for that.  I assume it was on the long "team" rebound that he got about a minute before the end of the 3rd or so.  But was cracking up after the game when I saw they said triple double.  

20 minutes ago, uoftorange said:

I never heard an explanation for that.  I assume it was on the long "team" rebound that he got about a minute before the end of the 3rd or so.  But was cracking up after the game when I saw they said triple double.  

Yeah, I never did hear how they pulled that accounting off, but it's not too unusual for the official scorer to take some (a ton of) creative liberties for players on the home team, although it's harder to do with rebounds than assists. It reminds me of this gem way back when, although obviously not even close to being as egregious.

16 hours ago, TexasMan said:

Crazy that the Rockets have never broken the 60 win barrier til tonight.

Was listening to Charlie Palillo the other day, and he was talking about how the Rockets have been one of the most successful franchises in NBA history. Only 3 losing seasons in the last 34 years - yet no 60 win seasons. By contrast, the Lakers have had 5 losing seasons in a row.

Charlie also mentioned last week that this Rockets will be first team ever in the entire history of Houston sports to finish with the best regular season record. Crazy that’s never happened until now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Charlie also mentioned last week that this Rockets will be first team ever in the entire history of Houston sports to finish with the best regular season record. Crazy that’s never happened until now.

I like it. But I would prefer the title much more.

10 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I keep forgetting that the Supersonics lost to the fighting Mutombos in 1993 as the #1 seed in the West.

15 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

It's not a given. We'll see what D'Antoni has in mind for his playoff rotation. Green deserves to get 15-20 minutes a game.

The offense runs so much better with Green in the game. Harden and CP need to speak up.

• Like 1

Guest Lebron MVP

switch teams and Lebron takes Houston to the Finals beating GS no problem in the West.  Lulz @ Anthony Davis MVP being better than Bron. hahahahahaa

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

Has any team ever had 3 10+ game winning streaks in a season? Surely the 72-10 Bulls or the 73-9 Warriors did.

a quick glance of the schedule looks like the warriors didn't (that year at least).  they started the year 24-0 and had a 13 game win streak as well, but i don't see any other 10+ gamers.