New Orleans Food and Drink Thread

ERhine

Random shit on my phone I don't remember where it's from

I think this is Red Snapper from Peche, but I can't be sure.

nYFMPXI.jpg

The coasters are from R'Evolution, but I don't think it's a current menu item...

jMwdOBE.jpg

Charcuterie from City Pork, in BR

pyLYd2E.jpg

Gnocchi with what looks like crab meat...no idea where it's from, but the timeline puts in somewhere in NOLA. Anyone recognize the plates?

ALyCe8j.jpg

No idea...maybe "The Shack", in Houma

e6uX7TD.jpg

Found a few more...First, Cochon Butcher

Mac & Cheese

P3CNe6j.jpg

Pig Mac

xNvoCjB.jpg

Ceviche from Herbsaint

jhGuWTW.jpg

Peche:

Ground Shrimp & Noodles (probably my favorite thing on their menu)

14mwD05.jpg

LL7sMe5.jpg

Drum

OmbjlsB.jpg

Catfish with pickled greens

BFI2BI8.jpg

More R'Evolution

Crab Beignets

F4ZsuML.jpg

Scallops and Foie Gras

xo55DhD.jpg

Char-Grilled Oysters from Cristiano's in Houma

J18tDRA.jpg

49 minutes ago, Nick.O said:

ERhine, have you been to Meril? We’ve had some great meals there the last two Mardi Gras. 

I have not. Had a mixed report from a couple friends shortly after it opened. Usually end up opting for somewhere else instead of trying it. 

On 3/26/2018 at 10:22 AM, Chad Fuck said:

Headed out for French Quarter Festival in a couple weeks.  Looking forward to doing to some culinary tour planning via this thread.

We'll be there as well.  Anyone been before and any suggestions?

22 minutes ago, Big Jake said:

We'll be there as well.  Anyone been before and any suggestions?

I've only been once, and it was one of the best festivals I've ever been to, because it was all local acts and you just kind of stumble into greatness.  There were 20+ stages throughout the quarter when we went.  I saw some high school brass bands killing it.  Then walked on down the line and there was a violin/accordion duo with a flamenco dancer (?).  Then we found a bar by the zydeco stage and just hung out there.  

As to food, we cruised around the booths (a lot of the big restaurants have them).  Did breakfast at Brennan's one day.  Dinner at Felix's.

Is Felix's still any good?  Who has the best chargrilled oysters in town these days?

Went to NOLAS restaurant on Friday, everything was phenomenal the food, the service , the hot chicks at the table next to me.

had the drum, highly recommend .

also had Antoine’s, I thought it was meh, overpriced and bland, cool history but fuck that place 

I fucking love nawlins though, great town.

Drink was called a Louisville slugger. Bourbon, apple brandy, chicory and smoked vanilla. It was great.

I don't go to Compère Lapin enough. The food has been spectacular every time. Just wish there was more bar seating. I usually just end up at Peche for a random weeknight meal while there on business, since more likely to get a seat at bar.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Big Jake said:

Love me some Compere Lapin.........great bar and cocktails as well.

Really been wanting to stay at The Old 77 Chandlery (in the same building)

Dont stay there. Wife and I stayed there for a weekend 2 years ago. Decent price. Ok rooms (weird antique + modern set up and furnishings), and long strange hallways and stairs that get u from lobby to rooms. Also, it is by far the loudest hotel we’ve ever stayed at. Barely slept both nights, as you could hear simple conversations and cars from the street as if there wasnt a wall/window between the two

Well, my trip got all fucked up due to the weather earlier this week. I was supposed to be in NOLA by 2:30 Tuesday afternoon, but didn't get in until 1:30 Wednesday morning. Had planned to hit Finns for dinner Tuesday night, but had Papasito's in the DFW airport instead. FML. I've also been on a keto diet for about a month now, and I was trying to adhere to my diet as much as possible.

Wednesday late breakfast at Ruby Slipper. Eggs Cochon without the biscuits.

2stt83R.jpg?1

Lunch at Deanie's 2 lbs crawfish and a half pound of their cold boiled shrimp.

xEP7MhW.jpg

Dinner at Doris Metropolitan...Bone in Ribeye and the tomato celebration salad as my side. My buddy got the same steak and the truffle fries, which are fantastic...but alas no carbs for pescado. I did cheat and have a couple cocktails which were probably pretty sugary. They were excellent rum based drinks served in a coupe glass. Wish I could remember the name of them, because the cocktail menu on their site is not current. 

xkelzBB.jpg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Dont stay there. Wife and I stayed there for a weekend 2 years ago. Decent price. Ok rooms (weird antique + modern set up and furnishings), and long strange hallways and stairs that get u from lobby to rooms. Also, it is by far the loudest hotel we’ve ever stayed at. Barely slept both nights, as you could hear simple conversations and cars from the street as if there wasnt a wall/window between the two