Old Settlers 2018

fuggled

Who's going this year? This is one of the highlights of our spring. Last year was great in terms of weather, musicians and venue.

Not many names we know this year. My wife likes Sarah Jarosz and I plan to actively avoid Bob Schneider. Besides that, who should I be looking for?

It'll be interesting to see how the new venue plays out. It's a little concerning that we're 3 weeks out and they haven't announced if they'll have electricity.

I have it on good authority that there will be silent generators for electricity.    I second Colter Wall.  Saw JD McPherson at Scoot Inn and he was great.  War and Treaty is also supposed to be a great live show.  You have to see Billy Strings play, too.  Amazing.

I have it on good authority that there will be silent generators for electricity.    I second Colter Wall.  Saw JD McPherson at Scoot Inn and he was great.  War and Treaty is also supposed to be a great live show.  You have to see Billy Strings play, too.  Amazing.
Any word on if/when they'll sell electricity permits?

18 minutes ago, fuggled said:
1 hour ago, mynametaken said:

Any word on if/when they'll sell electricity permits?

That wasn't mentioned but I just looked at the website and it says "The charge covers an electrical permit and a campground parking permit.  Electrical will be primarily 30 amp services.  There will be a few 50 amp services."

That wasn't mentioned but I just looked at the website and it says "The charge covers an electrical permit and a campground parking permit.  Electrical will be primarily 30 amp services.  There will be a few 50 amp services."
What I saw on the site was: "Campsites. Woods and meadow camping sites are available for both tent campers and RVs/trailers. There are no reserved spots -- it is first-come, first-served. RVs and trailers will be charged an additional $100 over the cost of camping. This applies to RVs over 18 feet and trailers with more than one axle. The charge includes an electrical permit and campground parking permit. Electrical will be primarily 30 amp services. Sorry, we do not anticipate having water hookups this year."

I interpreted that to mean the extra $100 for RV camping covers parking and electric. Maybe I'm misreading it. I guess I need to find someone to ask.

On 4/2/2018 at 2:42 AM, TWHOOKEM said:

I saw Billy Strings at Luck Reunion a few weeks ago, and then the next day at Scoot Inn doing a Jerry Garcia tribute and he was AWESOME. Considering driving out from Houston basically just to see him play again on Friday of OS.

On 4/2/2018 at 2:42 AM, TWHOOKEM said:

I saw Billy Strings at Luck Reunion a few weeks ago, and then the next day at Scoot Inn doing a Jerry Garcia tribute and he was AWESOME. Considering driving out from Houston basically just to see him play again on Friday of OS.

He’s amazing.