the alabama abortion attack

hayden_horn

57 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

As a millennial, if be very okay with getting rid of abortion except if mothers life is in danger. I don't see how if think if it's a life then even if MS13 raped you or if Baba fucked your daughter that it wouldn't be a life anymore. I wouldn't want any of those things to happen, but if the posters want it to happen i'd be okay to take care of those children.

You call the people want to limit abortions monsters that fine, but in the end I can sleep well at night that I wouldn't want people I think are humans killed.

Do you know who would probably have trouble sleeping at night?  A 12 year old girl who got pregnant via rape who is now being forced to carry a child she doesn't want to have and is going to have a 1972 Oldsmobile Delta 88 drive through her pelvis with the doors open in a few months.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

My take from that graph is boomers arent dieing fast enough.

Yo, SKJ! Wanna paint some boomer houses with me?

I hear those cunts could use a few coats.

I don't work in politics.

1 hour ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Fuck the south, it's time to cut them loose, and send the Midwest with them.... 

Not sure if you live in Texas, but they helped kick start this latest batch of laws in 2013.

3 hours ago, David Dennison said:

John Roberts knows that if his court overturns Roe, it is all he will be remembered for.

I don't see it happening as long as he's the fifth conservative.

RBG better stay alive then.

This case wouldn’t even get to SCOTUS until 2021.  But if it does, and Trump is re-elected, then all eyes will be on RBG to make sure she is still a Justice.  I don’t think Roberts would be the fifth vote either.  But they may not need him if RBG is replaced by a Trump appointee.  Although Kavanaugh isn’t a lock, either.  He still respects stare decisis. But he would be expected to vote to overturn Roe v. Wade by Trump.    

Just now, TexArcher said:

No kid should get raped.

And no kid who's been raped by her own father should be forced to give birth to her daughter/sister.  The GOP idiots who are defending are really outdoing themselves.  It's as if they're trying to set some world record for being fucking awful, subhuman, grotesque pieces of shit.  

Yeah, I understand. It's rare but it happens. I'd be okay to keep it in for rape, and incest. I mean not personally, but legally.

No kid should get raped.
And no kid who's been raped by her own father should be forced to give birth to her daughter/sister.  The GOP idiots who are defending this are really outdoing themselves.  It's as if they're trying to set some world record for being fucking awful, subhuman, grotesque pieces of shit.  

Dude...I’ve got bad news....we can’t even see rock bottom from here. We’ve got a LONG way to fall still.

A lot of truth in your post, but one caveat - those old white dudes of today were 20 year olds in 1969.
People change and tend to go to the right as they get older.

Most of the research shows that people's political views are pretty strongly correlated with what was going on and how they voted as they came of age. Individual cases vary, obviously, but three old "people drift right" trope is false.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Someone asked one of the bill authors why they didn’t include a punishment for the destruction of embryos in labs if this is about saving all “babies”.

He said since it’s not in a woman it doesn’t count.

So it's not life if a fertilized egg it isn't in a woman.

Holy shit, these people are mental.

1 hour ago, workswithseed said:

As a millennial, if be very okay with getting rid of abortion except if mothers life is in danger. I don't see how if think if it's a life then even if MS13 raped you or if Baba fucked your daughter that it wouldn't be a life anymore. I wouldn't want any of those things to happen, but if the posters want it to happen i'd be okay to take care of those children.

You call the people want to limit abortions monsters that fine, but in the end I can sleep well at night that I wouldn't want people I think are humans killed.

So you are in the 30% that want Roe v Wade overturned. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Someone asked one of the bill authors why they didn’t include a punishment for the destruction of embryos in labs if this is about saving all “babies”.

Because for these dickknockers it isn’t about the babies.

It’s about the women and punishment.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

So it's not life if a fertilized egg it isn't in a woman.

Holy shit, these people are mental.

that's the thing, and it's why i'm honestly puzzled as to why women vote republicans.

it has never been about babies.

but here's the real rub. it's never been about women. it's been about keeping poor people accountable for their situations. now keep in mind, this is different than being accountable for their decisions. it's about being accountable for their SITUATIONS.

poor people make poor decisions. and the whole fucking thing is so goddamn infuriating. 

thin on a consistent level: poor people make poor decisions. we should help them make better decisions. birth control. sex education. financial education. ANY FUCKING EDUCATION.

beyond the decisions, we need to take care of the result of those bad decisions. when poor people make poor decisions that result in babies...we need to take care of them and those babies, right?

do any of yall know single moms? jesus, fuck, it sucks. they work their asses off, try to get family to help out any way they can, and they try to make it work, because THEY ARE FUCKING HUMAN. just like those babies republicans purport to want to save. until it comes to "entitlement" bullshit. BE CONSISTENT YOU ALLEGED CHRISTIAN FUCKS

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Message Board User said:

A lot of truth in your post, but one caveat - those old white dudes of today were 20 year olds in 1969.

People change and tend to go to the right as they get older.

The boomers did. The millineols won’t.  

Not that hard to figure out really. 

7 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

So removing the fetus from the woman makes it no longer a baby.  So what's the problem?!

Also, a fetus is a baby as much as a seed is a tree.  

Also, if y'all gave a shit about the sanctity of human life, you wouldn't be pro-death penalty.  And if you gave a shit about kids, you would insist on programs to help poor kids and improve public schools.  But y'all cut that stuff every chance you get.  Buncha damned hypocrites.

exactly

12 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

that's the thing, and it's why i'm honestly puzzled as to why women vote republicans.

it has never been about babies.

but here's the real rub. it's never been about women. it's been about keeping poor people accountable for their situations. now keep in mind, this is different than being accountable for their decisions. it's about being accountable for their SITUATIONS.

poor people make poor decisions. and the whole fucking thing is so goddamn infuriating. 

thin on a consistent level: poor people make poor decisions. we should help them make better decisions. birth control. sex education. financial education. ANY FUCKING EDUCATION.

beyond the decisions, we need to take care of the result of those bad decisions. when poor people make poor decisions that result in babies...we need to take care of them and those babies, right?

do any of yall know single moms? jesus, fuck, it sucks. they work their asses off, try to get family to help out any way they can, and they try to make it work, because THEY ARE FUCKING HUMAN. just like those babies republicans purport to want to save. until it comes to "entitlement" bullshit. BE CONSISTENT YOU ALLEGED CHRISTIAN FUCKS

Eh. I don't buy this. A lot of people think it's just wrong, it doesn't matter who does it.  At some point it may have become some insidious plan to keep people down, but that is certainly not what initially drove the issue.

The thing that made it a viable constitutional issue was the science of fetal viability.  And that made it more morally ambiguous and permitted consideration of female autonomy and more pragmatic concerns like the quality of life of unwanted children. 

The somewhat broader issue is the willingness of those who believe it's wrong to impose their morality on others.  But again, it was the science of fetal viability that made that an individually moral issue. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Eh. I don't buy this. A lot of people think it's just wrong, it doesn't matter who does it.  At some point it may have become some insidious plan to keep people down, but that is certainly not what initially drove the issue.

The thing that made it a viable constitutional issue was the science of fetal viability.  And that made it more morally ambiguous and permitted consideration of female autonomy and more pragmatic concerns like the quality of life of unwanted children. 

The somewhat broader issue is the willingness of those who believe it's wrong to impose their morality on others.  But again, it was the science of fetal viability that made that an individually moral issue. 

lulz. no. i try to respect your opinions, but i have a weird feeling i try to fight regarding your stances. they seem very targeted. but that's fine, i just feel there's a bit of ingenuousness there. it's not an outright accusation, but just my opinion.

but let's take this post at face value.

let's change abortion for drugs on your first point. yeah, sure, drugs are bad for people, but what is worse? drugs or illegal drugs? i think the same applies to abortion.

i kind of agree with your second point. i think as viability becomes a thing, we need to approach how to deal with that. of course, that will take actual federal dollars. you comfortable with that? i'm actually firmly pro-life. let's say that today, a woman who wants an abortion can donate the zygote to a center for adoption? are we all cool now? is it about the baby, or is it about the woman?

if we can make babies live and make them prosper, it's fucking fantastic for our country.

that's not what republicans want. more here in a bit.

i do not think in 1973 that viability was a thing. in the 1960s, birth control became a thing for women. is it any accident that roe happened in 1973? women's reproductive rights are extremely important, i would say. from suffrage through the 1960s, i think that these litigations have been important.

i contend that this whole issue is not actually about fetal viability. and i say this as a fairly pro life father of two premature babies born in the 2000s that would have died in the 1980s. i want technology and knowledge to solve problems. i also recognize the "wanting of the baby."

who wants the baby that would be aborted? who are these people? where is this demand? i know it is there.

• Like 2

My opinion here is based on study of Roe vs. Wade. Prohibiton of abortion was the norm prior to Roe and was fairly non-controversial except among some radical type thinkers like Margaret Sanger. 

But fetal viability science in the decades leading up to Roe made it possible to challenge that status quo. Because it could be argued in a non-abstract sense that abortion wasn't murder and was ethically justifiable. 

I am not defending Alabama or the status quo prior to Roe.  But I think it is foolish to call it some conservative plan to keep poors down. It didn't even become a partisan issue until Roe.  And maybe today support for abortion laws is rooted in some type of class warfare, but its origins were not any more political than most other criminal laws. 

I don't really agree that the drug war was racially motivated either. Are there some convenient "benefits" of the drug war to a white ruling class, sure. Is maintenance of the drug war based on cynical effects on the electorate, sure. Did Nixon voice some racist views at times in connection with it sure. But the drug war has roots in prohibition and similar efforts and wasn't, at the time, a wholly irrational response to the problem. A whole lot of liberals have voted to maintain and expand the drug war over the years. Maintenance of it is getting pretty absurd though. 

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

The reason I responded to your post is that it's an issue we can debate or discuss on reasonable terms unlike most other aspects of the abortion debate. I am pro-choice. A little bit reluctantly I guess as the whole thing makes me uneasy. But I am sick to death of conservatards legislating this shit over and over again for the last half century. I suppose it's the only way to get it to the Supreme Court again but I hate it so much. It started my now complete break with the GOP years ago. 

2 hours ago, GSU&UT said:

Not sure if you live in Texas, but they helped kick start this latest batch of laws in 2013.

Southwest

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

So removing the fetus from the woman makes it no longer a baby.  So what's the problem?!

Also, a fetus is a baby as much as a seed is a tree.  

Also, if y'all gave a shit about the sanctity of human life, you wouldn't be pro-death penalty.  And if you gave a shit about kids, you would insist on programs to help poor kids and improve public schools.  But y'all cut that stuff every chance you get.  Buncha damned hypocrites.

ahhhh... Now I see the vitro fertilization question. I would say that it would be destroying a human life.

I'd be okay with all of that, but do you think pro-life advocates dont give to charities?

2 hours ago, GSU&UT said:

Texas is in a civil war by itself. And Texas is Texas. The Northeast and the west coast don't need the south or Midwest anymore. Time to cut em loose. 4 or 5 different countries. A few of them join with Canada in an EU type arrangement. The Midwest will flip quick and join that arrangement too. The south needs to try Christian taliban rule and see how bad it is or they will never give up on the idea. We can let them do it on their own for 20 years or let them drag us down for another 100 years. 

The biggest mistake the north made after the civil war was taking the south back. They should have done what we did in Japan. Enforce your way, make them create a new constitution and ban slavery, but never make them be part of the USA again. They still don't want to be. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

I’m thinking about getting a shirt made.

84fc0d1271881d1ee77b1d0865fdad40.jpg

Seriously, if men got pregnant, abortions would be available at doc in the boxes.

And while Alabama lawmakers are uniquely hideous, don’t be throwing any stones from Texas. Y’all have some pretty restrictive abortion laws and I wouldn’t be surprised to see some of your neanderthals jump into this current attack with a bill of their own.

True. We have no room to talk. Take for instance, Jodie Laubenberg.  She could have helped Alabama write its latest abortion bill. She believes after a woman is raped, she can go get a rape kit and "wash all of the rape" out of her, thereby avoiding impregnation.

She served in the Texas House until 2018.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, workswithseed said:

Did you write this, while getting aborted?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

Alabama is Alabama. Nobody that isn't from there wants to live there. And half the people that live there want to get out. Been like that for over a century. Very successful. Glad we let them have an outsized voice.

9 hours ago, workswithseed said:

Then you’re pro BLM?

Just now, Pancho Negro said:

So you’re trying to crack jokes. Got it.

Really though I don't want people to be discriminated. If the baby is black it doesn't make it less human than a white rich man. When I adopt a child, I wouldn't mind adopting any race.

5 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

Texas is in a civil war by itself. And Texas is Texas. The Northeast and the west coast don't need the south or Midwest anymore. Time to cut em loose. 4 or 5 different countries. A few of them join with Canada in an EU type arrangement. The Midwest will flip quick and join that arrangement too. The south needs to try Christian taliban rule and see how bad it is or they will never give up on the idea. We can let them do it on their own for 20 years or let them drag us down for another 100 years. 

The biggest mistake the north made after the civil war was taking the south back. They should have done what we did in Japan. Enforce your way, make them create a new constitution and ban slavery, but never make them be part of the USA again. They still don't want to be. 

Welp, you've got my vote. 

8 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

I’m thinking about getting a shirt made.

84fc0d1271881d1ee77b1d0865fdad40.jpg

Seriously, if men got pregnant, abortions would be available at doc in the boxes.

And while Alabama lawmakers are uniquely hideous, don’t be throwing any stones from Texas. Y’all have some pretty restrictive abortion laws and I wouldn’t be surprised to see some of your neanderthals jump into this current attack with a bill of their own.

I'd get one.

Seriously, fuck these pieces of shit. Using fringe issues like guns and abortion to get dumb people to vote against their best interests. 

• Like 1