For Sale - Whataburger, update sold!

Tailgate

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

Anybody that believes this will enhance the product we know today will be disappointed. If you live in a state that doesnt have WB, I guess this can be seen as a positive, but for Texans this can only go downhill. The owners are experts in making money, not burgers. They didnt get in this deal to become better at making burgers.

These. Going national has never improved or even maintained the quality of any restaurant (I've had In-N-Out in Cali and it's better than the "burger" they serve in DFW). Where ever they decide to expand will be getting 70% of what Whataburger used to be.  Which may be better than what they have now, but that fucking sucks for those of us who have come to know and love the pure 100% real thing.

Edited by Dutch

God I hope so.  I've tried WAB several times throughout Texas and Louisiana.  I've never come away with any type of special experience there.  Either you peoples food standards are extremely low or I've had the unfortunate luck of hitting some really shitty stores.  In and Out has been way more consistent and better store to store.  Hell, Freddy's (started in Wichita, but no bias) is better than WAB and I'm not really that fond of it either.
As a Texan stuck in cali, in n out sucks, now im not saying its mcdonalds level of suckitude but its way over rated. Had its a few times and no desire to return, i just dont get the love.

Finally became of whataburger today. Never cared for the size of their burgers. First few bites are good, but the second half of the burger gets gross. Never dawned on me to try the whataburger double meat jr. Had one today with jalapeños and loved it. comparable in size to in n out and Freddy's, but has a good freshness to it. I think they need to call it something other than jr. I always equated it to a kids meal.

Finally became of whataburger today. Never cared for the size of their burgers. First few bites are good, but the second half of the burger gets gross. Never dawned on me to try the whataburger double meat jr. Had one today with jalapeños and loved it. comparable in size to in n out and Freddy's, but has a good freshness to it. I think they need to call it something other than jr. I always equated it to a kids meal.

Gets gross? Are you a woman?
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, po elvis said:

Yes, the double whataburger jr has the same amount of beef as the whataburger but the beef/cheese/veggie/bun ratio is much better.  It is known.

3 minutes ago, WBT said:

Yes, the double whataburger jr has the same amount of beef as the whataburger but the beef/cheese/veggie/bun ratio is much better.  It is known.

Or you could just get a double cheeseburger like a normal adult. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

Hey speaking of Freddy's, noticed they are 2 years in a row the most successful franchise top of the list.  They're ok, still think In and Out is better though.

In & Out burgers are on a par with Short Stop, if that. And their fries are awful. First time in my life I couldn’t eat fresh fries. Even the grackles inthe parkinglot refused to fight over them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

In & Out burgers are on a par with Short Stop, if that. And their fries are awful. First time in my life I couldn’t eat fresh fries. Even the grackles inthe parkinglot refused to fight over them.

Hey what do you think aboot Five Guys fries?  To me, those are the fookin best.

14 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Deep dish pizza sucks.  

/Ducks

Yeah but I feel really bad about not liking it now that I know it was invented by an All-SWC Longhorn football player. 

Just kidding, I don't base my food decisions on retarded things like where the inventor went to college. 

• Like 1

Yeah but I feel really bad about not liking it now that I know it was invented by an All-SWC Longhorn football player. 
Just kidding, I don't base my food decisions on retarded things like where the inventor went to college. 

But why would that matter in the first place, you aren’t a longhorn if I recall correctly.

5 hours ago, DCA_HORN said:
5 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:
Chicago style is not just deep dish - it is like a pizza crust with 1.75" of cheese, and sauce toppings (maybe a little meat or veggies)
We typically do Geno's or Giardano's - 

Hero-image_1210-v2.jpg
but enough pizza talk
#me#2

Read more  

Whatever the fuck you want to call it, it's not pizza.

Why would you ever eat this bullshit when you can get an italian beef in Chicago.

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

Couldn’t have put it better myself. I didn’t even know it was possible to make a legitimately “bad” french fry. And their burgers are not good. I don’t even know what it is, but they just aren’t what a burger should taste like. If they rebranded them as beef sandwiches maybe I could find a way to enjoy them. But they do nothing to satisfy a burger craving.

This is going to sound crazy, but the McDonald's in Caldwell, Texas may make the best burger of any McDonalds. I stopped on my way to take the dog to aggy vet hospital last year and was stunned by how good the double quarter pounder with cheese was. They obviously have an old flat top they cook them on. Has the nice crispy charred bits and the outside and juicy on the inside. You can taste the age of that cooking surface. Like Mike's Pub and Dirty's, before they bought new equipment. Years of seasoning. Is it the best burger? No. But punches above it's weight. I stop every time I pass through, now.

Don't judge me.

1 hour ago, Deej said:

This is going to sound crazy, but the McDonald's in Caldwell, Texas may make the best burger of any McDonalds. I stopped on my way to take the dog to aggy vet hospital last year and was stunned by how good the double quarter pounder with cheese was. They obviously have an old flat top they cook them on. Has the nice crispy charred bits and the outside and juicy on the inside. You can taste the age of that cooking surface. Like Mike's Pub and Dirty's, before they bought new equipment. Years of seasoning. Is it the best burger? No. But punches above it's weight. I stop every time I pass through, now.

Don't judge me.

About a year ago, every McD nationwide went back to frying the Quarter Pounders up on a grill as ordered.  

9 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

About a year ago, every McD nationwide went back to frying the Quarter Pounders up on a grill as ordered.  

I know, but this one really tops the rest. I can't believe it, but I stop every month and am never disappointed. 

2 hours ago, DonnyKerabatsos said:

ice cold veggies make a piss poor burger. the patty is generally cold and the cheese wont melt.

80% of the time

I'm not sure how to take this. You melt the cheese on the burger while it cooks

You think cold veg on a burger unmelts cheese?

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Deej said:

I know, but this one really tops the rest. I can't believe it, but I stop every month and am never disappointed. 

I'm with you.  There's a McD about a mile from my office.  Once or twice a month, I'll go fetch a Quarter Pounder.  I can't believe I'm defending anything from McD, but damn.  It's decently tasty.

No, it's not better than a Whataburger or a small local owned joint (of which neither exist in the town where I work) but it fits the bill.  And it's 100 times better than the Sonic across the street.

2 hours ago, DonnyKerabatsos said:

ice cold veggies make a piss poor burger. the patty is generally cold and the cheese wont melt.

80% of the time

I'm not sure how to take this. You melt the cheese on the burger while it cooks

You think cold veg on a burger unmelts cheese?

The girl I live with now flew from Portland Oregon to come see me during July. This would be the first time us two would actually meet and I had only $100 that I had to ask my grandfather for since I had no job or money and I had a 93 Blazer with no A/C. The first place I took her was Whataburger. This sucks.

6 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

You know, nowadays our media is much more effective - their lies seem much more plausible, and are therefore more effective. Which ends badly. But I'd rather get angry about being lied to than look at that 80's garbage and have to be ashamed for humanity. 

Whoa!   80's garbage??  It was fun times bro...   

8 hours ago, ztejas said:

Just slammed a monterrey melt meal with grilled japs added. 

It was great. Maybe it's the last great Whata meal I go out on but I'll take it.

Fries were good too.

Is that the one they put their garbage chorizo on or was that just a specialty offering? 

6 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Good luck finding a decent beer or good weed in the 80s.  Fuck that shit.

Don't give a rat's ass about weed, and there were plenty of good beers in the 80s.  They just came from other countries.  Never had any problem finding good pints at the Dog and Duck or Maggie Mae's Old Side.  And both of those places had $1 pint nights.  Good luck finding that in the 2000s... 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, workswithseed said:

The girl I live with now flew from Portland Oregon to come see me during July. This would be the first time us two would actually meet and I had only $100 that I had to ask my grandfather for since I had no job or money and I had a 93 Blazer with no A/C. The first place I took her was Whataburger. This sucks.

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 2