Best Breakfast Food

SurlyORama

Meat of your choice, eggs scrambled right (ie not over done to hell like so many fuckers do) cheese of your choice that compliments eggs and meat, all neatly tucked into a fresh from the bakery high quality croissant....heated up.

Was with you right up to “croissant”. The cockroach of the bread family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, SurlyORama said:

Was with you right up to “croissant”. The cockroach of the bread family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Given what you led off this thread with I'm going to go ahead and say your opinion is terrible and you should feel very bad about yourself

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Lobo

Not a huge Eggs Benedict fan.  Not a huge english mcmuffin fan.

But the Eggs Francisco at Kerbey Lane is beyond fantastic.  Yes, it's Austin-centric ego talking.  But I'm sure the access road iHop in your neck of the woods keeps you portly...

Fried eggs, non-cremated thick cut bacon, hash browns with unjuns and a little serrano, buttered biscuits or white toast, strumberry preserves, fresh squeezed OJ and black coffee....and an angioplasty.  

I’ll be in my hospital room. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Meat of your choice, eggs scrambled right (ie not over done to hell like so many fuckers do) cheese of your choice that compliments eggs and meat, all neatly tucked into a fresh from the bakery high quality croissant....heated up.

This.  Bacon.  Cook eggs very low heat with a lot of butter and under do them.  Plus the rest of what you said.  

Probably belongs in the unpopular opinions thread, but tortillas around my eggs is not a great foil IMO. The eggs are already soft, as is the tortilla. If given the choice, I’ll take a toasted croissant or almost any bread that is toasted on the outside yet still chewy on the inside for my eggs all day.  I love the contrast in textures. Still love breakfast tacos, but if I had to choose the bread, tortillas are down the list.