Best Breakfast Food

SurlyORama

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I’m not following. Who is running down milk with pancakes? 

I made buttermilk pancakes, sausage and bacon for my kids yesterday morning. I was able to use the final dose of batter for my own big pancake. Damned near ate the whole thing in 3 bites with some melted butter and heated syrup, then slammed down a mason jar of cold milk. That’s starting the day off right. 

I had dinner at Chuys last night and thought of you. Went with the beef fajita burrito with boom boom sauce. 

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I’m not following. Who is running down milk with pancakes? 

I made buttermilk pancakes, sausage and bacon for my kids yesterday morning. I was able to use the final dose of batter for my own big pancake. Damned near ate the whole thing in 3 bites with some melted butter and heated syrup, then slammed down a mason jar of cold milk. That’s starting the day off right. 

You're going to be shocked to discover that it is zTejas. 

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

You're going to be shocked to discover that it is zTejas. 

I laughed out loud when I read your response as it hit me what in the fuck was going on. Fucking ztejas. Hahahahahahahaha. I hadn't thought about that rube in months. I went and checked my ignore list and I'm feeling pretty comfortable with the 371 posters I have on it, I think. I'll admit that there are some on there that I don't even remember vaguely. But no, that's good validation on this one. 

16 hours ago, ztejas said:

You drinking milk with pancakes and sausage is another example of why you'll always catch shit around here. 

But you do you, man. 

WhatTheBuck has some crazy thoughts, but this is not one of them.  I love a glass of cold milk when I'm eating pancakes.

On 5/23/2021 at 10:54 PM, hornian said:

image.jpeg.34cc5f9316ec8b3177dd9a479e2c8a3a.jpeg

Or just buy this at Costco. It’s already cut into uniform disks. Pretty good too. 

This. For applications requiring a patty, you really can' beat Goolsby's.  

When a crumble is needed, I reach for this:

spacer.png

Edited by Dutch
  • Like 1

I wish I could find a decent machacado taco in Austin. That old taco place in the caboose on 5th had it years ago. Taco Haven in SA is my gold standard.

Didn’t PO1D ever teach you anything? You have to order in Spanish to unlock the secret menu.

Pancakes and waffles are boring, I’ll still eat them though. More of a kid food, it’s like putting jelly on a biscuit. If that’s what there is then so be it but it’s not high up my list. 

I have chorizo and spicy breakfast sausage made from the deer I kill each year so those are staples for us. Eggs over medium, biscuits with gravy, thick cut bacon....those are always around.

If tacos are the choice, La Sierra refried beans with a little bacon grease.....HEB ready to heat tortillas....those two things are a must. If beans aren’t on your taco of choice I don’t value your opinion. Scrambled eggs are ok, they’ll do in a taco but I’d still prefer over medium even in my breakfast taco.

No, I’m not fat...but I’m trying my best. 

Cold milk and pancakes is good, who can begin to question that choice?  Cold milk is also perfect with a hot biscuit that you’ve opened, put in a pat of butter and drizzle of honey, then closed back up again so all that butter and honey soak into the biscuit.

I don’t do it near as much as I was when I was a teenager or even in my twenties, but sometimes at night a mug of cold milk on its own is the only thing that will do.

• Hook 'Em 1

I had a half a leftover chicken burrito in the fridge that I microwaved this morning and then topped with a fried egg. That makes it breakfast right?

There’s something inherently wrong with eating an egg with chicken. It’s like fuck you, I’m eating your flesh and your unborn child also.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

There’s something inherently wrong with eating an egg with chicken. It’s like fuck you, I’m eating your flesh and your unborn child also.

Well, to be fair, an egg is more like a chicken period than a fertilized abortion.  Carry on.

5 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I'm eating a leftover breakfast taco for lunch today. Sucuk (Turkish sausage, the 'hot' is good, the 'mild' is shit, so make sure you get the right one), eggs, jalapeños, onions, jack/cheddar blend. Homemade tortilla.

Jesus, why do I ever eat anything else.

Beef?

Had a leftover brisket breakfast taco this morning.  Warmed up some left over queso to dunk it in. Cleared up the cobwebs pretty quick. 

10 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Beef?

Had a leftover brisket breakfast taco this morning.  Warmed up some left over queso to dunk it in. Cleared up the cobwebs pretty quick. 

Yes, beef. I would imagine whatever technique they use would be equally delicious with pork, but Muhammed, etc. The worst thing about religion is when it ruins food, IMHO, but whattya gonna do.

2 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Yes, beef. I would imagine whatever technique they use would be equally delicious with pork, but Muhammed, etc. The worst thing about religion is when it ruins food, IMHO, but whattya gonna do.

I’d say the worst thing about religion is all the killing of people who don’t follow the same religion. But I suppose the culinary restrictions are kind of bad too. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I’d say the worst thing about religion is all the killing of people who don’t follow the same religion. But I suppose the culinary restrictions are kind of bad too. 

I'd personally be more inclined to start a war over barbeque than over God, but since I'm behind enemy lines, I have to be quiet when saying "Brisket akbar!"

13 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I used to think this then lived in a country where only beef and turkey bacon was available and then I changed to team @Walden Ponderer.

Also, if given the choice turkey bacon is superior but still far distant to pork. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/6/2021 at 3:58 PM, Brew said:

Rolled, you don’t want ones that have been processed. There are a bunch of varieties out there, but I use 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, about a tsp of peanut butter, mix it, top with cinnamon, and refrigerate over night. Drizzle with honey and top with banana and blueberries and eat. I don’t like hot oatmeal but I pretty well eat this every day.

On 5/6/2021 at 3:58 PM, Brew said:

Rolled, you don’t want ones that have been processed. There are a bunch of varieties out there, but I use 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, about a tsp of peanut butter, mix it, top with cinnamon, and refrigerate over night. Drizzle with honey and top with banana and blueberries and eat. I don’t like hot oatmeal but I pretty well eat this every day.

This seems like a lot of carbs. The almond milk and peanut butter help, but…. 

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

This seems like a lot of carbs. The almond milk and peanut butter help, but…. 

If you’re on a super low carb diet, but a 1/2 cup of rolled oats, a banana, and a few blueberries isn’t very much especially if you aren’t eating much in the way of carbs the rest of the day. It may hit 20% of the low end of the daily guidelines.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

image.thumb.jpeg.45b6785c5990fbc8c66a10e7d087e985.jpeg
Nothing fancy, but always hits the spot … English muffin, fried egg, and applewood smoked bacon.

The FBI now has their bite mark match logged into evidence.  

Expect a knock on the door very soon.  

Edited by deadshank

Every weekend growing up my mom made a hot breakfast for the family. Eggs, bacon or sausage, pancakes or biscuits and some kind of potatoes. Everything was made from scratch. We had jelly, jam, honey , syrup(pancake and pure cane) sometimes gravy.  Once every month or 6 weeks when she made biscuits she made homemade chocolate syrup. That hot homemade chocolate syrup on a properly buttered homemade biscuit is freaking awesome.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 6/20/2021 at 10:26 AM, Al_4_ISU said:

Smoked a pork butt yesterday, so I had to get fancy with the leftovers.

Tossed some pulled pork and bacon into eggs which I sautéed in the excess oil in a jar of giardeniara. Topped with smoke queso and Melinda’s green sauce.

ca4195a549f6001315285353be5590f1.jpg

We need to get you a care package of tortillas and you can send us some of that fancy farm meat.