Rick Barnes thread

Goo Punch

Two more asinine turnovers and more Auburn points. Auburn up 30-18.

And this is what kills me. Morons like @MotownHorn and a dozen others who literally don't even watch these games pop in every time the Vols lose just to talk shit, all the while completely ignoring the fact that there isn't a program in the country that's even remotely as good as Tennessee has been the last two years that's compiled of zero top 100 recruits and a bunch of Hs castoffs who nobody wanted. Tennessee is fucking up right now and it has absolutely nothing to do with Rick Barnes, and yet hordes of CBB "fans" like Motown who literally don't even watch the games will be in here later today talking shit about what a failure it is for this team to be 29-5 on the season and two seed in the tourney. Fucking stupid. So here's a preemptive fuck off for your dumb ass @MotownHorn.

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Clintonaldo said:

Lol. You magnificent bastard 

it isn't Auburn's game plan, it's Tennessee's players dribbling the ball off their feet every single possession, or letting a simple pass slip through their fingers for no discernible reason. Vols could not be playing worse right now. 

Edited by Goo Punch

it isn't Auburn's game plan, it's Tennessee's players dribbling the ball off their feet every single possession, or letting a simple pass slip through their fingers for no discernible reason. Vols could not be playing worse right now. 

I know that and I am venting. Auburn statistically made a much higher percentage of 3’s at home against us last week on senior day and they can’t repeat that here when we dominated the rebounding.

None of that matters if we can’t hold on to the fucking ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

16-0 run for Auburn......

Barnes team struggling to score.... 18pts in 17 minutes

déjà vu 

see? and i'm not trying to make this personally about you LTx- i'm just stating facts for posterity: nobody has any interest in the facts or the truth when it comes to Rick Barnes. When a Rick Barnes teams does more with less for two straight years absolutely nobody has any praise to give Barnes. He takes a team of nobodies to the top of the country for two years in a row and its silence. But today, his entire team collectively plays like they all have five broken fingers and people rush in here to talk about how Barnes is causing his team to collapse. Its absolutely insane.

I don't think I can name a single subject of conversation I've ever come across where more people have very very strong opinions that are based on absolute fantasy. 99.5% of college hoops fans have strong opinions on Barnes which are factually, objectively incorrect, but it doesn't matter, because as long they all think the same thing the perception is reality. 

when Tennessee crushed Kentucky two weeks ago, where were the Barnes critics? When Tennessee was losing by 8 with two minutes to go yesterday and had an 8% chance to win the game, why didn't we see any "cbb fans" rush in here to comment on the team and Rick Barnes? Where have they been these last two years as Barnes has done more with less than any coach in America? They've been nowhere, with nothing to say. Because nobody gives the first shit about knowing what they are talking about. They literally just wait for a loss so that they can run in and scream that Barnes sucks and pat themselves on the back for being so smart. Completely fucking stupid. 

Edited by Goo Punch

3 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

Everyone just trolls you on this.  And that you can't see it just adds to the amusement.  Nobody cares about Barnes, but they know you do so they just want to get a rise out of you.

that's absolutely not true. as if this line of posting about Barnes is exclusive to this board, and not literally what every fan in CBB thinks about him. no, you're right, it's all about me. 

What Barnes has done with this program the last two years is simply amazing. Literally, no coach in America has done more with less over the last two years, and yet everyone will just wait for his team to lose today to say, "See, Barnes is a choker/failure". Where were those people yesterday? Where were those people when Tennessee beat Gonzaga or crushed Kentucky? Where are those people the last two years as Barnes has taken a group of guys who were being recruited by Wisconsin-Green Bay and Howard and turned them into All Americans who've led their program to nearly 60 wins the last two years? Nowhere.

Everyone has an opinion on the man, but nobody has the facts, nor will they ever praise him or his team for doing more with less. Instead of saying, "nobody thought that Bone, and Schofield, and Williams would ever be this good", they'll say, "Tennessee has three All Americans and they couldn't even beat Auburn/make the Final Four/win the title/WHATEVER it is". That's what everyone will say, and believe, regardless of the truth. It's stupid, and it shouldn't rile me up this much, but it does. It's tantamount to the flat earthers making up the majority of the population. even if the earth is factually round they'll call you a moron and believe gbag gbeyre right. So weird. 

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

GP.... I hated many of the offensive sets Barnes ran in Austin during his last 4yrs at Texas.....

Today's 1st half vs Auburn is just another reminder of that hatred.  Maybe don't take it so personally??

lol, and what exactly about the sets that they ran in the first half didn't you like? this is exactly what i'm talking about- a totally uninformed take that's nothing more than confirmation bias. Tennessee's first half struggles had absolutely nothing to do with the offensive sets they ran. they turned the ball over like their hands were all covered in lube, and they didn't defend the three. Tennessee runs one of the two or three best offenses in the country, and yet the moment they struggle offensively you think it's because they suddenly reverted to late-Texas-era-Barnes offensive sets for a half. Okie dokie. Thanks for making my point for me.

Also, "maybe don't take it so personally"? You can't possibly have posted on Shaggy to say this to me. 

Edited by Goo Punch

22 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

99.5% of college hoops fans have strong opinions on Barnes which are factually, objectively incorrect, but it doesn't matter, because as long they all think the same thing the perception is reality

Lulz. 995 out of 1000 college basketball fans have a misinformed opinion of Barnes. Why cant they be as aware of the objectively correct facts like Derka. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Helobious said:

So Tenn is a lock for a 2-seed right? Should be an easy pick to get upset in the 2nd round. Betting against a Barnes coached team when the stakes are highest is easy money, as today is proving once again. 

i'll take your bet right now that tennessee wins it's 2nd round game.  $50?

3 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

i'll take your bet right now that tennessee wins it's 2nd round game.  $50?

I was merely stating a fact. Gambling is a sin. I'm trying to make it to heaven one day, and if you criticize me for that it means you hate christians. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Kinda crazy in 17yrs at Texas, Barnes was never able to win the B12 Tourney...

Iowa State won it 3 times during Barnes tenure at Texas.....

Durant, Ford, Thompson, Aldridge, etc and we couldn’t win a regular season or tournament championship. That just blows me

Edited by A’Dam Psycho

1 hour ago, Goo Punch said:

I don't think I can name a single subject of conversation I've ever come across where more people have very very strong opinions that are based on absolute fantasy. 99.5% of college hoops fans have strong opinions on Barnes which are factually, objectively incorrect, but it doesn't matter, because as long they all think the same thing the perception is reality.

87% of all facts are made up.

• Like 1