Rick Barnes thread

Goo Punch

Also- I know they won’t be a 1 seed but 2-1 against Kentucky- 1-1 against barn, 1-1 against piggy and a smooth buttfucking of Arizona. I mean, with Baylors injuries I’m not saying that Tenn doesn’t have a worthy resume and I see no justification for Kentucky being in front of Tenn. they should have a 2 seed but I fully expect them to get a 3 seed instead. Fun team to watch. Not super talented. But I like that midget point guard. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Also- I know they won’t be a 1 seed but 2-1 against Kentucky- 1-1 against barn, 1-1 against piggy and a smooth buttfucking of Arizona. I mean, with Baylors injuries I’m not saying that Tenn doesn’t have a worthy resume and I see no justification for Kentucky being in front of Tenn. they should have a 2 seed but I fully expect them to get a 3 seed instead. Fun team to watch. Not super talented. But I like that midget point guard. 

i'm in the record that ZZ is my favorite non-Longhorn player in all of CBB. so reminiscent of TJ in the way he just glides around out there, almost skating on the floor, and then bam, he changes direction and just leaves the defender lost. kid is so fun to watch, and such a competitor. Barnes even compared him to TJ, saying his leadership as a freshman reminds him of TJ, and that he hasn't had a freshman leader like this since TJ. crazy to think that he'll possibly be a four year player. 

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

i'm in the record that ZZ is my favorite non-Longhorn player in all of CBB. so reminiscent of TJ in the way he just glides around out there, almost skating on the floor, and then bam, he changes direction and just leaves the defender lost. kid is so fun to watch, and such a competitor. Barnes even compared him to TJ, saying his leadership as a freshman reminds him of TJ, and that he hasn't had a freshman leader like this since TJ. crazy to think that he'll possibly be a four year player. 

This is the benefit of somehow finding a midget whose not a great shooter but so impactful. Those guys stick around. 

3 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

This Tennessee team is a bit of a head-scratcher. The Vols don't look that great on paper but, boy, they sure are playing some great basketball--just two losses since mid January.

Congrats to Rick.

Once we started playing our small lineup we got a lot better. I give credit to Barnes in that midway through season we completely changed style and it worked. Funny enough things improved after Texas game. 

Gotta be honest, I find myself rooting against Tennessee and Barnes but not because I dislike him. It's actually because I'm not upset with him because it was just time to past ways for both parties. 

But if he goes and does things in the tournament with Tennessee that he didn't do with all the talent at Texas that would be pretty damn irritating. 

Which is of course the opposite of why I was rooting against Marquette in the first round. 

Edited by Huckleberry

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

so many shots going in and out, including that last three attempt by Zeigler. damn. such a shame. 

Shit happens. They didn’t look panicked or tight or poorly coached or like they didn’t know what they wanted to do. They just… missed. A lot.