The Wire

thepop

On 5/31/2022 at 8:19 PM, Buzzrock said:

I LOVE how much Rawls hates McNulty. This show is so fucking good.

It is great, but the best part of their relationship is the hospital towards the end of Season 1.  He fucking hates McNulty but he knows he's a good cop who cares.  He doesn't want him to fall apart and lose who he is.  Just that bit of grace adds so much to the relationship.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

[mention=90]Buzzrock[/mention] have you watched Game of Thrones? just curious, because one of the better characters on that show (The Hound) actually gives a nod to Omar/The Wire as part of his dialogue, and you obviously wouldn't catch it if you haven't seen both. i nearly stood up and applauded when i first saw it.

Whaaaat? Yeah I watched it (and read the books). What’s the nod?

Nick’s girl in S2 has a fantastic rack, damn.

Season 2 was really good. The amount of nuance and subtlety is amazing, I can’t think of a show that was more willing to NOT spoon feed the audience. For example, the little moment when Rhonda is reading the report over McNulty’s shoulder and is obviously horrified that he fucked the Russian hookers. Or when you see Daniels’ wife go to a separate bedroom and turn the light off. I also love that they don’t feel the need to put a bow on each story. Life is messy, especially blue collar criminal life.

On to S3!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Season 2 was really good. The amount of nuance and subtlety is amazing, I can’t think of a show that was more willing to NOT spoon feed the audience. For example, the little moment when Rhonda is reading the report over McNulty’s shoulder and is obviously horrified that he fucked the Russian hookers. Or when you see Daniels’ wife go to a separate bedroom and turn the light off. I also love that they don’t feel the need to put a bow on each story. Life is messy, especially blue collar criminal life.

On to S3!

Glad you’re appreciating it so much.  You outlined precisely why I can’t seem to find too many people who really got into it like I did…they all stare at their phones with tv running in the background, like my wife.  Also why we stopped watching Billions, got tired of having to pause and explain 

On 5/31/2022 at 9:19 PM, Buzzrock said:

I LOVE how much Rawls hates McNulty. This show is so fucking good.

I guess I should spoiler this for new viewers.

Spoiler

That’s what made it so powerful in S01E10, The Cost, when he told McNulty it wasn’t his fault that Kima got shot. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I've only seen a few partial shows. I was among the poors when it first came out and didn't have HBO. Every once in a while I was in a hotel and caught part of an episode. About to start watching it. I used to travel for business to the part of Baltimore where it took place. 

53 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I've only seen a few partial shows. I was among the poors when it first came out and didn't have HBO. Every once in a while I was in a hotel and caught part of an episode. About to start watching it. I used to travel for business to the part of Baltimore where it took place. 

Uhhhh, what kind of business were you doing in that area of Baltimore?

29 minutes ago, Wade said:

Rewatching Season 2.  Thought Pablo Schreiber, who played Nick, was amazing.  Surprised he didn't become a bigger star.  Didn't know he is Liev Schreber's half-brother.

"Amazing"?  I'll tell you what was amazing.  His girlfriend's tits.  Now, THOSE were amazing. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 6/4/2022 at 11:10 PM, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

It and Deadwood are neck and neck, with BSG close behind. I enjoy watching Deadwood more, but they are both pretty good.

Ok, I had to google "bsg" and (I think) it's Battlestar Galactica. (sorry if I got that wrong). 

I agree! BSG is effing amazing!  (the "reboot", right?) with Katee Sackoff and Tricia Helfer?