Let’s talk about 6 baby, Let’s talk about 2019-2020 LFC

Firemans4Horn

No such thing when you have to try and keep pace with city....liverpool was trying to score but they couldnt breakdown Norwich while they bunkered.

It was in a few articles last year that the title would come down to if Liverpool could breakdown the teams who just try to survive.. ultimately they were right.

They didnt bring on Mane to run out the clock. We will be fine of course but we do need to be better when teams bunker.

Im not worried yet but if we want to win we cant have matches like manu draw or others with 65% possession and 0 goals

Just something i will pay attention to during season...no worries

Alisson is thought to have a calf tear though not sure of the severity. Could be out anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks. Hope Adrian is up for the task. Not exactly a murderer's row while he's out. 

Chelsea in the Super Cup, @ Southampton, Arsenal, @Burnley, international break for just under 2 weeks, Newcastle, @Chelsea. Hoping he's back after the break.  That Arsenal match is going to test Fortress Anfield though. 

Edited by mdmost

1 minute ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Please forgive my soccer ignorance: is today's game a big deal? Are the starters playing normal minutes?

It's a tough one, but yes is the easiest answer.  Think you'll see a string squad from Liverpool today.

• Like 1

Looks like Trent and Bobby are getting a rest and we see Oxlade-Chamberlain!

Adrian, Joe, Matip, VVD, Robertson, Fabihno, Milner, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Mane, Salah

Brewster, Hoever and Elliot make the (expanded) bench

2 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Please forgive my soccer ignorance: is today's game a big deal? Are the starters playing normal minutes?

I don't recall ever giving a shit about the Super Cup before today, but now that we're in it, I definitely want to win. Especially because it's fucking Chelsea.

• Like 1

Supercup is a trophy...so yeah its a big game

Champions league
Domestic league
Europa Cup
Domestic Cup
Super Cup>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Everything else...community shield,etc
Imo

First time its been an all English Super Cup

Liverpool going for 4th win and chelsea only won it once