Austin Homeless Free for All Ordinance

rage-a-holic

3 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Pro tip for you real estate moguls: harness the awesome power of the fire-starting propensities of the homeless for any insurance infernos you may need for your white elephant vacant properties, if such exist in today's Austin. I've seen this in action in Houston; whole neighborhoods have been flipped with a couple of convenient fires in nuisance properties.  

Yea man, these hobos squatted in my house.  I m not sure why they decided smoke weed and crack next to my collection of antique gasoline tanks... those were worth quite a bit too...

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

yeah I'm gonna go with LOSE initiative (Load Of Shit Effectively)

Grey said the perception that there are people not wanting to come off the streets has never really been tested. She said it may be more likely that people don't want to go into a congregate shelter or they haven't been offered housing that meets their needs.

"Uh yeah I was really looking for a 4/2.5 in SoCo, you know, need a home office with WFH and may have kids soon.  that extra half bath is nice for entertaining as well"

these people are morons.

You know the sonofabitch is headed straight for the deepest level of failure-hell when they craft some catchy little acronym for it.  I have one:

FECES - Fix Entitled Council's Excess Stupidity

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

On 4/5/2021 at 6:44 AM, B00M said:

It's cool man. This is happening all over western civilization, but if we let our city council rewrite our land codes, they'll fix it for sure! 

Gotdam, I hope you become homeless if you ever post anything from r/autostart again.

Same for Bozo and wood for quoting without removing that crap.  It's like whack-a-mole trying to find and kill that stupid song anytime page 67 is opened.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Grey said nearly $12 million in federal funds for COVID-19 will help house nearly 400 people through rapid rehousing.

So, only $30,000 per bum.  Keep on grifting hobo advocates.

Austin has nothing if not Silicon Valley envy.
https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/S-F-spends-record-241-million-on-homeless-6808319.php

Yeah, Adler keeps going to these "Homeless Summits" in the worst cities.  I mean, yeah---you gotta see what's happening on the ground in cities with big challenges.  But they keep inviting the same 5 shitty cities to these things.  It's like attending an Opioid Addict Summits inside an unlocked pharmacy.  

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

you mean copying San Francisco, Seattle, and LA wasn't a good plan?

it is the perfect plan if you need excuses to keep screwing the tax payers for more and more money each year only to actually increase the homeless population.  If they gave a shit, they would take a bus to San Antonio.

Create a massive homeless camping sight near the air port.  Outlaw camping and panhandling anywhere in the city limits, as well as criminalize (again) open drug use. 

Three strike rule. 

If they break the terms, they are returned to the site 3 times.  4th time is criminal trespass charge or mandatory 14day mental health hold and/or a bus ticket to California.  They will either accept the help or move on.  Creating hobo utopia only brings more to the party.

Edited by ChickenSandwich

18 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Which large cities are handling it well?

There are several warm(er)J-weather cities of over 500,000 people (so Austin's peer group) who have populations numbering far, far below what Austin is experiencing.

El Paso, Raleigh-Durham, Louisville, New Orleans, Tulsa, Oklahoma City, Memphis, Tucson, Tampa-Saint Petersburg, Jacksonville, Charlotte, Nashville, San Antonio, Fort Worth, Long Beach, Atlanta, and Miami.  Cities multiple times larger than Austin also have drastically lower rates (per capita) such as Chicago.  

My redundant warning is this...as long as the City of Austin's citizens continue to fall for the Great Lie told by Adler and Council...nothing will change.  Their contention is those thousands of people are out there on the streets because of income inequality, period, full stop.  Their story year after year after year is these people were all just recently forced from their homes and apartments because of income inequality, out of control property values/rents, and land uses.  Our problem seems unique, and seems worse than those other comparable cities because of our income inequality, people not paying their fair share, and land use misalignments.  Over and over and over.  That's their tune.  And it's not going to change because it's the one that allows for grifts.  

Put the homeless out in the open, put 'em back in the woods, drive 'em out of town, bring more 'em here, treat the true underlying causes for most of them, dismiss the true underlying causes for most of them.  Rewrite the land code, don't rewrite the land code.  Strong mayor model.  Weak mayor model.

In the end, the entire policy to combat this issues has, is, and always will be-------Hotels.  Hotels.  Hotels.  Because you can't grift a Social Worker.  You can't shake down another government agency.  But you can sure as hell be an evil, corrupt, cock-sucking piece of human shit like Stevie Adler and his band of merry dais fuckwads. 

18 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Those glasses do it for me. 

Screenshot-2021-04-08-152859.jpg

Also of interest.

Screenshot-2021-04-08-152952.jpg

Edited by Anastasis
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 2

I'll probably end up beating a windshield washer to death before the summer is over.

I'm yelling at this fuck not to touch my car and I don't carry cash. He just keeps going then comes up to my window with his hand out. Light turned green and he made a move to get in front but I gunned it and he jumped out of the way.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, DalTxHornFan said:

I don't blame Giddings a bit.  Good for them!

You don't blame them? Do you live in Giddings? They need to take care of their own, or we can take some of our most expensive and mentally ill homeless people to Lee county and Let Haril Walpole deal with it. A poor old black man's house burned down so the police dropped him off in front of the ARCH, an hour away from his hometown, and you don't blame them? What on earth?

18 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

“That’s just a disgrace,” Austin Police Association President Ken Casaday can be heard saying on the video. “These other counties need to be held accountable and take care of their own folks.”

Ken Casaday is 100% right. That is just some shameful shit. Because why? They don't have any resources?  I guarantee you the Trinity Center at St David's Episcopal or Salvation Army was there for him, you know, down the street from the the ARCH. Do they not have any Christians in Giddings?

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

I've always thought they were much more powerful than their <2.0mm membership nationwide and humble endowment would suggest.  

28 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

You don't blame them? Do you live in Giddings? They need to take care of their own, or we can take some of our most expensive and mentally ill homeless people to Lee county and Let Haril Walpole deal with it. A poor old black man's house burned down so the police dropped him off in front of the ARCH, an hour away from his hometown, and you don't blame them? What on earth?

Ken Casaday is 100% right. That is just some shameful shit. Because why? They don't have any resources?  I guarantee you the Trinity Center at St David's Episcopal or Salvation Army was there for him, you know, down the street from the the ARCH. Do they not have any Christians in Giddings?

Giddings is aggy country. The bum is lucky the cop didn’t drop him off in the Brazos.

Back in the day (1967-68) when I worked there, Sheriff Bubba Rost woulda just “disappeared” him, or if he was feeling generous, just run him off to Elgin.

Edited by Armybrat
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Giddings was like a cross between Jasper & Vidor. 

I can't believe they didn't bring you on to write the Chamber of Commerce literature.  

"Giddings.  Like a cross between Jasper & Vidor.  With more tornadoes and worse food.  So come on down!"  

IMHO the fundamental reason we will not solve the homelessness problem is because it requires a solution that makes both political poles uncomfortable, and both poles on myriad issues would rather club the other with dysfunction than actually fix a problem. This is a problem that IMHO does require at least a state-wide solution if not federal. But it will not happen until we have some fundamental changes in whether politicians want to raise money and get rich or solve problems.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

If they break the terms, they are returned to the site 3 times.  4th time is criminal trespass charge or mandatory 14day mental health hold and/or a bus ticket to Mexico.  They will either accept the help or move on.  Creating hobo utopia only brings more to the party.

Just now, Enchubben said:
4 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

If they break the terms, they are returned to the site 3 times.  4th time is criminal trespass charge or mandatory 14day mental health hold and/or a bus ticket to Mexico.  They will either accept the help or move on.  Creating hobo utopia only brings more to the party.

Actually maybe the answer is by the 3/4th time - we just take them down to Mexico and do a swap with immigrants on a waiting list.

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

IMHO the fundamental reason we will not solve the homelessness problem is because it requires a solution that makes both political poles uncomfortable, and both poles on myriad issues would rather club the other with dysfunction than actually fix a problem. 

You act as though this is some kind of final solution. Does this involve us annexing Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arkansas, or Louisiana, and if so, which one(s)? Or would we annex a small part of the Oklahoma panhandle, and then annex Colorado? Because that's going to determine my support for it.

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

Actually maybe the answer is by the 3/4th time - we just take them down to Mexico and do a swap with immigrants on a waiting list.

So in other words, we swap a couple of hundred homeless people for the entire population of Mexico? Works for me.

Edited by phdhorn

15 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:
6 hours ago, Enchubben said:

Charlie Strong might still be coach if some homeless snuck into special teams practices.

Or the homeless would get really good at ping pong. 

On 4/4/2021 at 4:30 PM, Nicole44 said:

Ya! But don’t you get it? Unless and until we all give up 3/4 of our salary to a government the world won’t ever be right! Just empty out your bank accounts and pockets hard working people! you are not allowed to keep it! You gotta pass it on to people! Cuz voted y’all! 

Poverty is the ONLY reason for crimes! If only they had libraries and smart phones and internet? 

Anyone of y’all making $45000 and above need to give it up! All those evil  corporations would die! Government would be God! Save the fucking planet man! 

Three-quarters of your salary?

That type of hyperbole is counterproductive, even if it is in jest.

Taxes suck, blah, blah, blah.

Edited by David Dennison