Austin Homeless Free for All Ordinance

rage-a-holic

13 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:
1 hour ago, David Dennison said:
Does "our" include those who are homeless or are they just pests who don't feel pain?

I really hope if one of my own was ever attacked I would have your clarity.

I wish we could all have that type of clarity, myself included.

I'm so fucking sick of this shit. 

The other day at the Mueller heb there was one beggar in every aisle of the parking lot harassing people. I've got my hands full and this toothless ditch pig stands in my way while starting her pitch.

I told her to get THE fuck out of my way and lowered my shoulder for a check that would make derka proud. She stepped aside. I expected to be cursed at and I had a mouth full of atrocities to hurl back, but she just moved on to the next potential mark.

I would celebrate anyone who started fire bombing their camps.

2 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

The other day at the Mueller heb there was one beggar in every aisle of the parking lot harassing people. I've got my hands full and this toothless ditch pig stands in my way while starting her pitch.

I told her to get THE fuck out of my way and lowered my shoulder for a check that would make derka proud. She stepped aside. I expected to be cursed at and I had a mouth full of atrocities to hurl back, but she just moved on to the next potential mark.

Harness that rage into your inner Karen and speak to the manager. Tell them to hire security to keep the homeless from harassing people in the parking lot. That's a fucking vulnerable situation that's totally unacceptable for women with young children.

Edited by B00M
They shouldn't be surprised by this request. I've seen security out in the parking lot of at least one Austin HEB.

If you dont know how to handle a woman panhandler without going all Brownshirt, then big city life may not be for you. Cedar Park doesnt have a downtown. Bryan-College Station is probably another place where the untouchables will leave you alone.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eskimohorn said:

If you dont know how to handle a woman panhandler without going all Brownshirt, then big city life may not be for you. Cedar Park doesnt have a downtown. Bryan-College Station is probably another place where the untouchables will leave you alone.

I usually ignore them (pretend to be deaf), but this had been a long day, it was hot, and I had about 40 lbs of groceries in my hands. I was not in the mood for any bullshit at that point.

2 hours ago, B00M said:

Harness that rage into your inner Karen and speak to the manager. Tell them to hire security to keep the homeless from harassing people in the parking lot. That's a fucking vulnerable situation that's totally unacceptable for women with young children.

They usually do have security zipping around on a scooter. Guess he was on break.

4 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

If you dont know how to handle a woman panhandler without going all Brownshirt, 

fans GIF

What does gender or naziismnaziism have to do with not wanting to be approached by someone that may be unpredictable, with little to lose, while you're in a relatively vulnerable state? 

12 minutes ago, B00M said:

fans GIF

What does gender or naziismnaziism have to do with not wanting to be approached by someone that may be unpredictable, with little to lose, while you're in a relatively vulnerable state? 

No, don't you get it? Living in a city in the US means you should just accept mass homelessness or you're soft. Let's not even try to improve our communities and provide basic necessities for everyone because that costs money. Also, some of them are mentally ill and addicted to drugs, so it's their fault and we shouldn't even try to help these communities.

This country is full of sick, nihilistic individuals.

• Haha 1

200.gif

Was responding to posters threat of “fire bombing” a class of people.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So a new report on trash in the watershed was released (https://www.austintexas.gov/edims/pio/document.cfm?id=390190). If you've gone anywhere around our creeks, you know it's bad. And it's a lot of reasons. But the most identified source? Encampments:

image.png.e0a45139162ef85cb8dd4a13a925c76a.png

"352 active encampments were observed in 17 of the 20 watersheds (Figure 14)."

image.png.bf9613ceaa5e6d813cd8ea38bbbcc7b0.png

What exactly are we spending hundreds of millions of dollars on?  Holy shit it's frustrating for everyone involved.

Edited by FirstTimeCaller

• 4 months later...

Confirmed. Homeless people hate classical music.

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/neighbors-say-store-uses-loud-opera-music-to-push-away-homeless/

AUSTIN (KXAN) — Some businesses around the country have started using roaring classical music as a tactic to deter people experiencing homelessness from camping out in front of their storefronts. People in Austin’s Riverside neighborhood have started complaining about this type of music coming from one 7-Eleven. 

“I think it’s to keep us homeless (people) off of their property. No one wants to listen to classical music. So they run us off by the classical music, so we don’t hang out in the parking lot,” said Kevin Morgan, an Austin man experiencing homelessness.

Texas city renamed after federal vote bans derogatory term

KXAN reached out to 7-Eleven for comment. We will update this story with a response.

Morgan has been hanging out in the area for a couple of months, and he said the loud opera music started playing a little over a week ago. 

“Nobody likes the music because it is going all night,” he said. “It plays all night, all day.” 

“Unfortunately, these kinds of tactics are not new or original. This specific tactic to keep people away from properties has been used in cities across the United States,” said Daniela Silva, a former Austin City Council Member candidate for District 3, where the 7-Eleven is located. She lost to José Velásquez in the run-off election last year. 

“The reason that so many people are here is because this is a place where you can get food, you can get water, there’s a bus stop where people can get around. I mean, what we really need to be doing is making it so that people have the basic resources that they need,” she said.

No Daniela, we don't. Tax paying citizens and private businesses are fucking fed up with the homeless pissing, shitting, trashing, and thieving everywhere. We don't need to give them shit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Confirmed. Homeless people hate classical music.

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/neighbors-say-store-uses-loud-opera-music-to-push-away-homeless/

AUSTIN (KXAN) — Some businesses around the country have started using roaring classical music as a tactic to deter people experiencing homelessness from camping out in front of their storefronts. People in Austin’s Riverside neighborhood have started complaining about this type of music coming from one 7-Eleven. 

“I think it’s to keep us homeless (people) off of their property. No one wants to listen to classical music. So they run us off by the classical music, so we don’t hang out in the parking lot,” said Kevin Morgan, an Austin man experiencing homelessness.

Texas city renamed after federal vote bans derogatory term

KXAN reached out to 7-Eleven for comment. We will update this story with a response.

Morgan has been hanging out in the area for a couple of months, and he said the loud opera music started playing a little over a week ago. 

“Nobody likes the music because it is going all night,” he said. “It plays all night, all day.” 

“Unfortunately, these kinds of tactics are not new or original. This specific tactic to keep people away from properties has been used in cities across the United States,” said Daniela Silva, a former Austin City Council Member candidate for District 3, where the 7-Eleven is located. She lost to José Velásquez in the run-off election last year. 

“The reason that so many people are here is because this is a place where you can get food, you can get water, there’s a bus stop where people can get around. I mean, what we really need to be doing is making it so that people have the basic resources that they need,” she said.

No Daniela, we don't. Tax paying citizens and private businesses are fucking fed up with the homeless pissing, shitting, trashing, and thieving everywhere. We don't need to give them shit.

Reads like an onion article. 

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Wait, wait, wait!  Kevin Morgan, the Eskimo Hut and Shaggytexas thief is now homeless???    Awesome!

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...