2019 Women's World Cup - Do It Back to Back

ztejas

6 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Fuck the first commentator who says we scored too many goals.

BBC's feed did a poll at 12-0.

90 mins

Post update

USA 12 (TWELVE)-0 Thailand

USA within their rights to keep going or is it disrespectful?

Hit the thumbs.

Article Reactions
  •  
    Liked
    3004 likes3,004
  •  
    Dislike
    1560 dislikes1,560

about 2:1 in favor of laying it on

Just now, Rimbo said:

90 mins

Post update

Hit the thumbs.

Article Reactions
  •  

Liked
    3004 likes3,004
  •  

Dislike
    1560 dislikes1,560

~33% of BBC readers don't understand how the fuck group play works. Huh.

1 minute ago, Rimbo said:

90 mins

Post update

Hit the thumbs.

Article Reactions
  •  

Liked
    3004 likes3,004
  •  

Dislike
    1560 dislikes1,560

there's this idea that just knocking it around in the midfield is disrespectful

• Like 1

Just now, tokamak said:

~33% of BBC readers don't understand how the fuck group play works. Huh.

True, but that doesn't make this match any less vicious and brutal. Those rules were not set up for a sport where this kind of thing happens. THIS IS AMERICAN FOOTBALL!

Just now, TrashMaster G said:

It will be interesting to see how many Sweden scores on Thailand.

Exactly.  If we beat Chile 2-nil (like the Swedes), and then only draw Sweden, it'll be a real downer if Sweden kicks the extra point and beats the ladyboys by 2 touchdowns.

I have no problem with the scoring. You gotta do what you have to do. I actually think that it would’ve been more disrespectful if they just start passing the ball around or just scoring headers, or whatever rec soccer does these days. 

My problem was the celebrations, that was gloating. I thought that’s what was disrespectful. 

Edited by JNip

3 hours ago, JNip said:

Predict which goal they won't celebrate. I am going with the fourth. 

I hope that they don't slow it down so I am predicting USA 11-0 Thailand

2 hours ago, JNip said:

Thailand is so bad, kinda feel embarrassed about the celebrations but oh well... it's an exciting moment for the players. 

2 hours ago, JNip said:

Ok... they celebrated the fourth goal. I lose. 

2 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

they celebrated the fifth as well.

2 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

They are going to celebrate all 11.

1 hour ago, JNip said:

I've lost some respect towards Rapinoe for that celebration. 

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

90 mins

Post update

Hit the thumbs.

Article Reactions
  •  

Liked
    3004 likes3,004
  •  

Dislike
    1560 dislikes1,560

14 minutes ago, JNip said:

I have no problem with the scoring. You gotta do what you have to do. My problem was the celebrations, that was gloating. I thought that’s what was disrespectful. 

1) I thought that the scoring was excessive and disrespectful, but I understand everyone wanting their goal. If you want to beat Sweden in the group, then beat Sweden, don't worry about GD at 7+.

2) The excessive celebrations by the squad from 6 goals on was the most classless display in soccer that I've ever seen at any level (male or female). This team is dripping with skill, but is absolute trash. They were every bit the ugly Americans that the majority of the world thinks we are. It would be like knocking down a one-armed boxer and then peeing on them while the ref is giving the person a 10 count. 

If I were a Thai player, I would have been tearing up knees after seeing celebrations for 8, 9, 10... Fuck if you get a red card, I would have been ending careers. Fight classless trash with classless trash. (Especially when you can't dream of matching them any other way.)

3) The team was fun to watch from a skill stand point. I'm not a Morgan fan, especially after her makeup-covered injured ass was shoved down out throats for a month or three before the 2015 World Cup and then continued throughout, even though she kind of sucked, but her use of left foot and right foot today was something to aspire to, her ball placement, power... she was amazing today. Just a beast.

4) I will watch all of the USA matches, but will be pulling for Germany or France to lift the trophy. (If a Scandinavian squad does instead, I'll be okay with that.) I like the underdogs and I like a bit of humility. I'm old school American, not bully trash American.

Edited by Napoleon
  • Like 4

Thank you @Napoleon

I wanted to say as much, but I'm already on record as not being a fan of the women's team and I didn't want to come across as sour grapish.

That stuff wouldn't fly in high school (when I coached) or even in my 30+ soccer league.  When I first took over the high school job (girls), we had one club player playing teams with a 3-deep of club players.  I snagged our goalie from the bball team - she had never worn cleats and coaxed a few girls who had never played so I could field 11.  Some of the teams we played could have scored 15.  Our worst loss was 7-0 and the other coaches sure as hell wouldn't have allowed the excessive celebrating.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Napoleon said:

1) I thought that the scoring was excessive and disrespectful, but I understand everyone wanting their goal. If you want to beat Sweden in the group, then beat Sweden, don't worry about GD at 7+.

2) The excessive celebrations by the squad from 6 goals on was the most classless display in soccer that I've ever seen at any level (male or female). This team is dripping with skill, but is absolute trash. They were every bit the ugly Americans that the majority of the world thinks we are. It would be like knocking down a one-armed boxer and then peeing on them while the ref is giving the person a 10 count. 

If I were a Thai player, I would have been tearing up knees after seeing celebrations for 8, 9, 10... Fuck if you get a red card, I would have been ending careers. Fight classless trash with classless trash. (Especially when you can't dream of matching them any other way.)

3) The team was fun to watch from a skill stand point. I'm not a Morgan fan, especially after her makeup-covered injured ass was shoved down out throats for a month or three before the 2015 World Cup and then continued throughout, even though she kind of sucked, but her use of left foot and right foot today was something to aspire to, her ball placement, power... she was amazing today. Just a beast.

4) I will watch all of the USA matches, but will be pulling for Germany or France to lift the trophy. (If a Scandinavian squad does instead, I'll be okay with that.) I like the underdogs and I like a bit of humility. I'm old school American, not bully trash American.

1 - Bullshit. You continue to compete. Period.  Anything less is both dumb and disrespectful to your opponent. 

2 - Thirteen goals and three of the celebrations were problems.  Rapinoe is a twat, so I won't defend her stupid display.  Pugh is a kid who just scored her first WC goal.  I give her half a pass on that.  Morgan's celebration with the sideline crew on her 5th goal was inexcusable.   Nothing over the top on the other 10 goals, so I think the complaints are way overblown.

3 - Morgan was far from 100% during the '15 WC, coming off an injury. 

4 - Neat.  Good for you.  I'll be rooting for the USA, but that doesn't make me a "bully trash American ".

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Rooting for the French and Germans? Fuck that noise you hoser. 

• Like 4